PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Vs Capcom 3

wowzer
02-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Buying it later today. Can't wait.

Zoobi
02-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Failvel vs Failcom 3, Epic Failures of Failuredom.

Ero Elohim
02-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Digging it hardcore, though some matches turn into a total projectile spam-fest. Certain characters have some ridiculous aces to play, too. Akuma's Raging Demon Hyper, for instance, will 100-0 a character if it connects. Really digging how Dante plays, and enjoying Akuma more than I thought I would - since I'm not much of a fan in SF. Deadpool was a bit of a letdown, but X-23 really plays to my CRAZY OFFENSE style. Not sure who I'll put in as a third. I love Amaterasu, but the weapon switches make her combos hard as hell to land. Wolf-suplexing people on a counter is always a riot, though!

Basically, it's still MvC. If you take it super seriously, you'll probably pop a blood vessel. If you want a fighting game that has a lot of flash, is easier to pick up than its more mainstream cousins, and has shitloads of fanservice, it's a good buy.

wowzer
02-16-2011, 10:30 AM
My team so far: Dante Arthur Wesker

God dammit I love Arthur so much.

Ero Elohim
02-16-2011, 04:44 PM
My team so far: Dante Arthur Wesker

God dammit I love Arthur so much.

I'm currently running X-23, Amaterasu, Zero. Amaterasu's shield assist is awesome given my somewhat close-range team, but Zero's hybrid melee/ranged style also help out. X-23's crazy mixup-rush is hard to stop once she gets going. Her Mirage Step coupled with an assist by Zero almost guarantees a popup into an air combo, which brings Zero out again, and ends with Amaterasu, who has an air hyper combo she can pull off.

It's a beat down for sure. Not sure I'll stick with Zero, though. He's very floaty, and I hate when I need to go into the air with him.

wowzer
02-17-2011, 10:02 AM
U playin on ps3 or 360?

Ero Elohim
02-17-2011, 12:13 PM

wowzer
02-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Damn. I have it on ps3. My friend loaned me his arcade stick since he bought it for 360, but I can't get used to it. I've been doing very well with the ps3 controller though.

Ero Elohim
02-17-2011, 03:15 PM
The controller works decently well for this game. There aren't a lot of really complicated moves, and four attacks easily map to the face buttons. The only issue I have is using assists sometimes. Clicking shoulder buttons during a combo for assists is a bit annoying.

I should really buy a middle of the road stick, though. It'd make things like attacking while charging Zero's buster easier.

wowzer
02-19-2011, 10:47 PM
After hearing the hype, I put sentinel as my 3rd char. God damn he is so leet. X-factor + missile hyper = insta death. Ultra-fast mouth beam spam.

I get so much hatemail, but fuck it I'll be that guy.

Boxy Brown
02-21-2011, 12:58 AM
Wesker, Arthur, Hsien-Ko (or whatever).

wowzer
04-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Been awhile, so has anyone who bought this at launch still been playing it?

I'm pretty addicted. I have a few friends IRL who get together once a week and play MVC.

I'm not godly, but I am tournament caliber. I've participated in 3 online tourneys. I didn't place in the first one, placed 2nd at the next 2 I participated in. I won a stuffed Pikachu (wtf?) and 2 $50 PSN cards.

A friend of mine won Southern Beatdown in Laredo, Texas and thus won an invite to play at EVO. I'm fucking jealous.

My new team is Wesker, Dante, Sentinel. I can't believe they nerfed Sentinel to cater to the whiners.

Bonus video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTNya_UUNFY

^^ BIONIC AAAAAARM!!!
Anyway, the next online tourney I participate in I will try to record to post the matches.

I'm keeping my eyes open for a live tourney in Louisiana, but that shit is so rare.