PDA

View Full Version : Alright Boys, Time to HoN

Boxy Brown
03-17-2011, 12:49 AM
My school apparently fixed the internet (eternally grateful) so I can now HoN at school on my crappy laptop. I know some of you (most of you) aren't the biggest fans of HoN and those type of games because of the repetitive gameplay, lack of novelty and poor community, but I figured I'd ask if anyone else wants to join me.

Myself, my room mate, my friends from back home who I originally played DAoC with and Age are all playing and when you've got a tight knit group like that, games just become a lot more fun and and the element of poor community is almost completely removed. We have about 9 people in our clan, all real life/old game friends, so there's usually a group or two playing team match making at any given time. If the poor community was the only thing holding you back from a fun, fast paced and dynamic game like HoN, I urge you to give it another chance.

Anyway, if anyone has HoN and wants to dick around from time to time, let me know here or message boxybrown in game.

Ero Elohim
03-17-2011, 04:06 AM
Dude, I will totally HoN it up with you. I haven't played in months, but I figure you assfags can't have learned much in the interim from e-blowing each other in the chat rooms.

Ah, just the mention of the game brings out the trash talk.

Valec
03-17-2011, 12:38 PM
I'll stick with League of Legends for the time being.

Pyrrhus
03-17-2011, 02:15 PM
I'll stick with League of Legends for the time being.

Ditto.

Boxy Brown
03-18-2011, 10:53 PM
I just couldn't get into LoL. I did love the fact that at least half the abilities I saw were skill shots and not targeted things.

VKhaun
03-18-2011, 11:20 PM
I just couldn't get into LoL. I did love the fact that at least half the abilities I saw were skill shots and not targeted things.

I love the style of these games, but I'm really bad at them. I tried HoN and, straight up, the only reason I didn't keep playing was I couldn't lock my camera and a few other nitpicky controls. When I try to tell people that they freak on me for even USING the camera lock feature on LoL instead of free camera and just hitting the center button sometimes... but it's my lifeline. I unlock sometimes when things are stable, or when I need to target something far away, but 90% of the time I'm centered.

Hell I only even tried the genre because my friend convinced me it was 'like diablo'...

Zoobi
03-19-2011, 12:00 AM
LoL>HoN IMO.

I love the style of these games, but I'm really bad at them. I tried HoN and, straight up, the only reason I didn't keep playing was I couldn't lock my camera and a few other nitpicky controls. When I try to tell people that they freak on me for even USING the camera lock feature on LoL instead of free camera and just hitting the center button sometimes... but it's my lifeline. I unlock sometimes when things are stable, or when I need to target something far away, but 90% of the time I'm centered.

Hell I only even tried the genre because my friend convinced me it was 'like diablo'...

Spacebar centers it on you, don't know why you would ever lock your camera. I'm not usually motion sick and locking the camera gives me a headache

Pyrrhus
03-19-2011, 04:52 AM
I crutched by locking the camera for a while before I realized how I was killing my map awareness. It is nice because it keeps you from having to scroll to the side every few seconds when chasing or in a high mobility fight, leaving you open to focus on getting skills off/harassing.

Upping the sensitivity of the mouse made free-roam camera much easier for me, also utilizing smartcasts reduces the amount of clicking I have to do.