PDA

View Full Version : Do MMOs cause insanity?

Alex Mars
03-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Rift accounts are getting hacked left and right, I have never seen so many complaints about hacked accounts before. While it is true that many people have lax security and may be visiting compromised web sites, the sheer volume of complaints seems to indicate a deeper problem. Out of all the accusations and counter accusations flying back and forth, this post from Jetsun stood out as the supreme product of absolute raving mad paranoia.

the OP is dead on accurate with his post....there is a deliberate attempt to try and sabotage and derail this game by unknown forces...most likely another mmo game company. My advice to Trion is to shut down the forums and don't give these hoodlums a platform to speak their lies and insults

I have been gaming for ten years and never have I ever seen a game forum get ripped apart like this one with outright false accusations and slander and sabotage. It is unbelieveable what I am seeing here. There is no way in the world that this many people are getting hacked....no way.

I will say it again...this forum is infested with hackers and cheats and gold farmers and other dark entities who would like nothing better than to bring down this game

Just shut the forum down

DJive
03-18-2011, 01:05 PM
I just think its today's society.

Something goes wrong its automatically someone/something others fault. No one takes the blame anymore or looks how they can improve/correct.. Its whine whine whine I'm the customer bend for me.

Ero Elohim
03-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Sounds more like Trion just has crappy account security that isn't holding up under the brunt of goldfarmers trying to nab accounts. Hell, if Blizzard, backed by Activision and pulling in a hundred million dollars every month, still has account security problems, it stands to reason that these hackers are more than a simple basement nuisance.

Norska
03-18-2011, 02:42 PM
mmo conspiracy theories

soon they'll be as popular as ufos

i heard blizzard tracks down cheaters, kidnaps them, and subjects them to 144 hour straight gaming sessions as under geared, minimal level bg participants in order to shorten ques

Draconian
03-18-2011, 04:42 PM
I havn't played but I hopped in my usual vent the other week and the 15 people that play it that I know are all saying some sort of add-on was a keylogger. Called Zam or some such.

Esfires
03-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Rift, while having a very robust UI, does not have a damage meter. A very large part of Rift's players are Warcraft refugees and are very used to downloading damage meters. Quite a few of these idiots went right on out and downloaded the meter that Drac is referencing, a meter that comes packed in an executable and accesses the internet. You do the math.

Ziel
03-18-2011, 06:04 PM
Can't find anything concrete about this. ZAM is the Wowhead of Rift, with a talent calc equivilent etc. And the only two damage meters I can find are from ACT and riftjunkies.

Someone brought up an interesting point though...Apparently a lot of goldfarmers are using the usernames/passwords from WoW accounts (including those they couldn't access due to authenticators), and are having a lot of success hacking people that way.

VKhaun
03-18-2011, 11:22 PM
lol dark entities...

Boxy Brown
03-19-2011, 05:46 PM
I just think its today's society.

Something goes wrong its automatically someone/something others fault. No one takes the blame anymore or looks how they can improve/correct.. Its whine whine whine I'm the customer bend for me.

Which is why everyone should see this movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9JAYfZOHms

Ziel
03-19-2011, 10:35 PM
This thread is funny now.

Empyrean
05-23-2011, 12:14 AM
Simple reply to OP: no

Note: Good thing i didnt play rift.

carlcombs
05-27-2011, 03:12 AM
Get away from RIFT then