PDA

View Full Version : TSW adds active dodge

Zavon
06-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Just read about it on their forums. I'm going to be playing this beta weekend.

Anyone think that will make the combat better?

VKhaun
06-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Going to get back on the closed beta and try it tonight, but I doubt it.

Their combat was fine for an MMO IMHO, the problems were horrific lack of polish, terrible PvP balance, and the weak entry phase of support/heals/tank skills on the wheel was just creating a bunch of soloists.

All I see when I read 'adds active dodge' is more animations that will look absurd, more bugs they won't have time to fix, and more related skills they won't have time to balance. The game is headed for a train wreck of a launch and a community of fiercely loyal nerds yelling at everyone who buys it and notes it's flaws. I have been on both sides of that and it has never once ended well. Very glad I didn't buy a lifetime sub, and Funcom is pretty much on my ignore list for having repeated all the mistakes I saw with Conan.

Valec
06-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Every MMO Funcom has made has been an unmitigated disaster at some point. To even consider that they could make something decent at this point is just downright foolish.

Zavon
06-14-2012, 01:16 PM
I didn't think AOC was as bad as everyone made it out to be. In fact, I enjoyed the shit out of it. I ended up quiting only because of hardware issues.

Also, I played Anarchy online on and off for years.

Zoobi
06-14-2012, 01:53 PM
I loved AOC as well, just got bored in the end at 80 because there wasn't much to do. Loved the shit out of PVP on my HoX and assassin.

Zavon
06-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Dude, the HoX was a god damned riot.

Valec
06-14-2012, 02:02 PM
I enjoyed AoC for a bit but at the end of the day, they failed there too. They think about making great games but simply fail to deliver. Let's not forget that even by MMO standards, their games are bug-riddled.

Alex Mars
06-14-2012, 02:24 PM
How can you have active dodging in a game where you do not have to aim your weapon?

Valec
06-14-2012, 02:27 PM
How can you have active dodging in a game where you do not have to aim your weapon?

I'm guessing it'll just apply a dodge buff or something of that nature.