PDA

View Full Version : Politics and WoW

Alex Mars
10-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Republicans are using the issue of a candidates WoW game play to question the candidates fitness for office. Is this pathetic flailing or a canny strategy?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19842704

Ziel
10-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Second time I've heard about this today. As far as I'm aware, the public wasn't really aware of who she was? If that's right, then this seems like a tremendously stupid move by the Republicans, since they've just given her exposure internationally, as well as making her more relatable to the youth and gamers.

Zavon
10-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Lf 1 Tank for congress, must know fights

VKhaun
10-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Second time I've heard about this today. As far as I'm aware, the public wasn't really aware of who she was? If that's right, then this seems like a tremendously stupid move by the Republicans, since they've just given her exposure internationally, as well as making her more relatable to the youth and gamers.

Agree 100%

They have traded making her unpopular among her peers for making her more popular among her constituents. I see no up side for the people who are calling her out.

Sillywilly
10-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Fucking stupid. This ranks right up there with how sick I am of hearing people who watch 6+ hours of TV a day bitch about video game players wasting their time.

Are you watching discovery channel learning how to deliver a baby on a crashed train so that you might save a life one day? No? You watching Honey Boo Boo isn't any more good for mankind than WoW or Bejeweled lol.

And does anybody watch a movie without RP'ing a little bit? If they don't I feel sorry for them. Imagining how awesome it would be to be Iron Man for a day/etc is half the fun of going to the movies, at least for me.

Esfires
10-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Fucking stupid. This ranks right up there with how sick I am of hearing people who watch 6+ hours of TV a day bitch about video game players wasting their time.

Are you watching discovery channel learning how to deliver a baby on a crashed train so that you might save a life one day? No? You watching Honey Boo Boo isn't any more good for mankind than WoW or Bejeweled lol.

And does anybody watch a movie without RP'ing a little bit? If they don't I feel sorry for them. Imagining how awesome it would be to be Iron Man for a day/etc is half the fun of going to the movies, at least for me.

Now I'm picturing you in footy pajamas sitting on your couch watching Superman with a red towel tied around your neck.

Sillywilly
10-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Now I'm picturing you in footy pajamas sitting on your couch watching Superman with a red towel tied around your neck.

LOL. I am in fact, no lie, wearing a Superman T-shirt right now. My Batman and Captain America were both dirty.