PDA

View Full Version : LotRO Complete (all expansions) 9.99

Sillywilly
04-26-2010, 10:46 PM
You get the original Shadows of Angmar, Mines of Moria, and Siege of Mirkwood for 9.99, plus 30 days free. Even if you currently have an account you can purchase this deal and apply it to an already existing and ACTIVE account and get the xpack upgrades AS WELL as the 30 free days applied to your account.

I don't think the 30 days will apply to your account if it has currently expired. I'm not sure about that, but I can confirm personally that if you have an active sub that registering the code will give you the free month.

Norska
04-27-2010, 12:16 AM
Hmm... If I had a computer that could handle it, I'd jump all over that I think.

Cross
04-27-2010, 12:17 AM
That is a pretty good deal, though I am not personally interested. It is a nice looking game though.

Great deal for anyone who has been considering LotRO

Sillywilly
04-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Hmm... If I had a computer that could handle it, I'd jump all over that I think.

Whats the basic stats on your PC?

I can turn the graphics to very low in LotRO and I doubt that setting would take much more out of your machine than like vanilla DAoC or EQ. The graphics in that game can be scaled from one extreme to the other.

VKhaun
04-27-2010, 02:20 AM
PvMP all still one zone?
Any changes?

Norska
04-27-2010, 02:25 AM
right now I'm using a 512 ram intergrated graphics 1.46g intel laptop that I got years ago and haven't used in about.... 5 or 6 years. I suppose I could dl the trial and see how it goes.

I can't remember if I bought moria, or stopped playing right before it came out.

Andile™
04-27-2010, 02:29 AM
Thanks, Sillywilly. I will look into this later today. Been wanting to try a new mmo and this looks as sweet a deal as you can get.

I just found it odd that I had to go through google, the fan website and then digitalriver to get to the usd9.99 deal. In the meanwhile, going through the turbine website, it still takes you to the usd29.99 price. It looks legit. Just trying to figure out what the catch is, if any.

Andile™
04-27-2010, 06:21 AM
I'm also considering (again) the benefits of playing on a US server, where language is never a problem, vs. on the EU server, where people should be playing at the same time as I do.

It seems Europeans can play on US servers as long as they buy the game from Turbine and register an account with them for the monthly sub payment.

Andile™
04-27-2010, 07:14 AM
Ok - I should be using the edit button but that wouldn't have the same impact so here we go.

I am looking for advice on how to set this up. Being completely new to it, it looks like I can start a trial account (10 days free) and then add the 9.99 pack to it (adding 30 days).

It also looks like I have to start an account with Turbine and when it comes to credit card details, I will need to contact Turbine's account support as my banking account details will be foreign to the Digital River system and their account fraud system can't handle it. I am wondering if this will be a recurring issue or if it's only at setup.

Can anyone confirm?

VKhaun
04-27-2010, 08:23 AM
I'm down for some LOTRO if you want to duo on U.S. servers Andile.

I need an MMO even if it's not perfectly what I'm looking for. I thought I could just play shooters and RPG's but damnit I miss my MMO time. :/

EDIT--
And what server do we play LoTRO on?

Andile™
04-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Hell ya!

No idea about servers yet. Going home soon and will start the account creation and downloading.

Zoobi
04-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Pretty sure the server you want to play on is Landroval.

Zavon
04-27-2010, 01:40 PM
LotRO is a great game, and that is a great deal. I really enjoyed the time I spent playing it. If I ever get back into gaming, I'll have to try this out.

VKhaun
04-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Landroval works with recommendations from their forums as well.

Hit me upon Steam, Andile. :)

Sillywilly
04-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Landroval works with recommendations from their forums as well.

Hit me upon Steam, Andile. :)

Landroval is absolutely the best server to play on.

Post your toon names and what class they are and I'll throw you some gear through the mail.

P.S. Landroval is the unofficial RP server (duh, which is why it has the best community), so naming your toon something that would fly on an RP server will get you a better reception there. I've seen several people get "accosted" for having lulz names lol.

Sillywilly
04-27-2010, 03:19 PM
PvMP all still one zone?
Any changes?

One zone that I know off. I haven't done much PvsMP yet except with a creep and it was quit fun. The Moor has keeps and tower type buildings to fight over and there is even something remotely like relics that can give everyone +XP bonuses and such in PvsE for owning it.

They've been slowly revamping the zones, starting with lowbie areas and moving up to make them more solo friendly. If you started LotRO late in the game but before the changes you probably found you had trouble leveling up enough to move to the next zone simply because so much group content was inaccessible to you due to people all being higher level. Some of the major dungeons are still group oriented but many of the "kill this elite" type fellowship quests are now soloable. IIRC its because they changed the way elite mobs critical hit and are critical hit, so while the fight is still tougher you can actually take some of them solo. Do notice I said "some".

They've actually done quite a bit to the game over about the last year or so. Skirmishes could also be entertaining for you. (they're like PvsE scenarios that you can enter from anywhere in the world).

It seems Europeans can play on US servers as long as they buy the game from Turbine and register an account with them for the monthly sub payment.

True, my sister in law and her boyfriend play on Landroval from Norway.

Here is a direct link to the deal:

http://store.digitalriver.com/DRHM/servlet/ControllerServlet?SiteID=turbine&Locale=en_US&Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&productID=169163300&pgm=62344300&OfferID=4365349809&ThemeID=1244200&Currency=USD

Andile™
04-28-2010, 03:31 AM
Thanks. I got it all installed and set up and it did work as other people wrote - or better even.

In case any one else is interested, here's how it went:
1. Opened the trial account at lotro.com
2. Started downloading the high res client file (took about 1.5-2h - ca. 10GB)
3. Towards the end of the download I went to digital river to get the deal (payment went through without a glitch)
4. Confirmation page had the serial key
5. Went into myaccount.turbine.com and logged in to check the status of trial account (10 days credit in)
6. Added the serial key to my account
7. step 6 continued into collecting credit card details and selection of payment plan
8. Entered my (foreign) banking details, again no glitch, no need to call customer support in the US, which was nice
9. Checked account status again and all confirmed (40 days of free play credited and expected to be billed for the first time then)
10. By this time, I started installation, which also took a decent amount of time (it felt like an hour - but I was distracted doing other things).
11. Ran the game and it seems to be fine. I got to the char creation screens and called it a night. It was near 2am lol

So yeah, time for a little reading on classes and races. And then hopefully start playing tonight. :)

DJive
04-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Brandywine!

VKhaun
04-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Brandywine!

Brandywine is where I played before.
I have a lv10 character and a rank 1 creep.
I'm fine with going there.

Sillywilly
04-28-2010, 12:11 PM
If you want something that is a solo expert roll a Warden. Their gambits are also alot of fun. Wardens are the undisputed solo king.

Anything that can heal, especially a Minstrel will be popular in groups and minstrels IME can also solo well in LotRO. (I think most all classes can).

Captains are a versatile class.

This thread gives a somewhat humorous account of each classes play style:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=329590

wowzer
04-28-2010, 12:34 PM
This answers my question on what mmo to play when my computer ships next week.

So, have MMOs gone away from the free month w/ purchase? Seems like I have seen lots of talk here mentioning 10 and 14-day trials.

VKhaun
04-28-2010, 02:30 PM
We rolled on Landroval.
Andile preffered that one.

VKhaun
04-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Going to get to 10 tonight Andile.
I want to be able to PvMP when you're not around.

wowzer
04-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Hope you guys stick with it for a bit, I'll be able to join you in 2 weeks.

Andile™
04-29-2010, 05:05 AM
Going to get to 10 tonight Andile.
I want to be able to PvMP when you're not around.

No problem, Vk. I'll catch up. Sorry I wasn't around long yesterday. Lots of house chores to deal with. At this stage, I consider myself lucky when I get an hour of uninterrupted gaming. :-)

Ps. Yeah, I had a preference for Landroval for being the unnofficial rp server and hearing good things about it here and at their forums.
Ps2. Will do, wowzer. 38 days in the account, so will play that at the very least. I'm enjoying playing the guardian for now.

Sillywilly
04-29-2010, 11:19 AM
Andile what is your guardians name, I'll send ya some gear in the mail.

Andile™
04-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Andile what is your guardians name, I'll send ya some gear in the mail.

It's Ragnangar. The shorty with a half melon for a helm - as opposed to Vk's shorty with a pimp hat.

Ps. Hopefully I will have worked out how to use the email system before outleveling the gear. :P Thanks!

Sillywilly
04-29-2010, 06:22 PM
It's Ragnangar. The shorty with a half melon for a helm - as opposed to Vk's shorty with a pimp hat.

Ps. Hopefully I will have worked out how to use the email system before outleveling the gear. :P Thanks!

I have a weapon crafter as well. You gonna go 1 handed or two? Sword or axe or mace/hammer? Or do you even care?

Andile™
04-29-2010, 06:37 PM
I have a weapon crafter as well. You gonna go 1 handed or two? Sword or axe or mace/hammer? Or do you even care?

I saw that I have mail - thanks! Still reading up on specs and figuring out what the deal is with traits, crafting etc.

I will probably go with 1h/shield. Hammer or axe I guess. Are there any choices I should be worried about though? Is there such a thing as respec in case I mess things up? It's fun to try things out when you are new to the game but at the same time I don't want to completely gimp my character... :-P

Ps. I like my tanks to be Mr.BadAss/Meat-Shield/Hit-Me-Baby-One-More-Time - hence the 1h/shield idea. Hammers and axes seem to 'look' cooler on a dwarf. Is this a bad idea in lotro though?

Sillywilly
04-29-2010, 07:33 PM
I saw that I have mail - thanks! Still reading up on specs and figuring out what the deal is with traits, crafting etc.

I will probably go with 1h/shield. Hammer or axe I guess. Are there any choices I should be worried about though? Is there such a thing as respec in case I mess things up? It's fun to try things out when you are new to the game but at the same time I don't want to completely gimp my character... :-P

Ps. I like my tanks to be Mr.BadAss/Meat-Shield/Hit-Me-Baby-One-More-Time - hence the 1h/shield idea. Hammers and axes seem to 'look' cooler on a dwarf. Is this a bad idea in lotro though?

Nah I think all weapons are equal. Swords have a slightly higher chance to hit, axes have a chance to shatter the enemies armor which can do some nasty damage IMO. My guardian went axe/shield and is ridiculous.

In LotRO there really is no spec except your traits which you can redo at anytime for a fairly small fee. All class skills are open to you, you just buy them as you meet the level requirements. Guardian is definitely the LotRO tank and spank class.

I'll put you an axe and shield in the mail. I've got stuff for level 16, 22, and 28 OTW. Armor, axes, shields. Its all purple crafted gear so it can last you six levels and still be good. (actually better than the non purple gear that is 6 levels above it).

Andile™
04-30-2010, 03:01 AM
Nah I think all weapons are equal. Swords have a slightly higher chance to hit, axes have a chance to shatter the enemies armor which can do some nasty damage IMO. My guardian went axe/shield and is ridiculous.

In LotRO there really is no spec except your traits which you can redo at anytime for a fairly small fee. All class skills are open to you, you just buy them as you meet the level requirements. Guardian is definitely the LotRO tank and spank class.

I'll put you an axe and shield in the mail. I've got stuff for level 16, 22, and 28 OTW. Armor, axes, shields. Its all purple crafted gear so it can last you six levels and still be good. (actually better than the non purple gear that is 6 levels above it).

Thanks again, man. What kind of times are you online? I am close to level 8 but that's really because I've only quested properly in the first evening. Yesterday was mostly AFK and reading up on stuff. :-p

Sillywilly
04-30-2010, 03:44 AM
Thanks again, man. What kind of times are you online? I am close to level 8 but that's really because I've only quested properly in the first evening. Yesterday was mostly AFK and reading up on stuff. :-p

You're welcome. I'm kinda sporadic right now. Depends on when my daughter takes a nap and if there's some painting or something I can do. Typically between noon and 3pm at some point, more often after 8 pm central until.

Onib
05-07-2010, 02:11 PM
did i miss the boat on this one? on the turbine store its only showing up at 29.99 for me.

Andile™
05-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Hi Onib

Yeah, the offer was only up for 2-3 days iirc but this is not the first time they do something like this. Having a ball btw - I would have paid the 29.99 long ago if I knew. :)

VKhaun
05-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Yeah I enjoy LoTRO when I have at least a duo.

Andile is leaving me behind though... keeps playing our duo character without me with him. Eventually he'll leave me behind so far I'll just play the PvMP until someone else gets it and starts another duo with me, or he makes another dwarf alt that links up with this one.

wowzer
05-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Installing right now. I'll roll on Landroval with you guys. I know absolutely nothing about this game, so I will be noobish for a while.

I have a ton of free time (yay summer) so if I like it I can put some hours into my char.

Just got my new pc this morning. Best $800 I've ever spent. Looks great, feels great, and zero problems with startup.

I couldn't get the digital DL deal so I bought a store copy of the original for 9.99. I'll buy the expansions if I think I will play the game enough.

Andile™
05-09-2010, 02:14 AM
Yeah I enjoy LoTRO when I have at least a duo.

Andile is leaving me behind though... keeps playing our duo character without me with him. Eventually he'll leave me behind so far I'll just play the PvMP until someone else gets it and starts another duo with me, or he makes another dwarf alt that links up with this one.

Hey, what happened to "I can solo like a beast"? :-P

Nah, seriously, I've been doing a lot of little quests around Gondamon in the last few days that don't even give that much exp anymore and crafting. People in the kinship think I should have gone to Bree already but I'm waiting for a certain "bot" that never gets online because he prefers to play FPSs... :-(

Wowzer, send me a tell in game and I'll help you out. :-)

VKhaun
05-09-2010, 08:07 AM
Nah, seriously, I've been doing a lot of little quests around Gondamon in the last few days that don't even give that much exp anymore and crafting. People in the kinship think I should have gone to Bree already but I'm waiting for a certain "bot" that never gets online because he prefers to play FPSs... :-(

You want to move on and duo my healer with another character then?
I'm really into my PvMP and KF right now, and we clearly don't play at the same times.

wowzer
05-09-2010, 08:12 AM
You've got to be shitting me. This game takes fucking forever to update. I was casually playing video games waiting for it to hit 100%. It crept closer and closer and I watched it go the last 2 percent. Then it hit 100. Then 101. I said fuck it and went to sleep last night.

I woke up this morning expecting it to be done. Nope. It was at 730% a minute ago. In the time it took me to create this thread and look back, it went back down to 239%.

Wtf game.

I'll hit you up as soon as I get it up and running Andile.

Andile™
05-09-2010, 08:34 AM
You've got to be shitting me. This game takes fucking forever to update. I was casually playing video games waiting for it to hit 100%. It crept closer and closer and I watched it go the last 2 percent. Then it hit 100. Then 101. I said fuck it and went to sleep last night.

I woke up this morning expecting it to be done. Nope. It was at 730% a minute ago. In the time it took me to create this thread and look back, it went back down to 239%.

Wtf game.

I'll hit you up as soon as I get it up and running Andile.

I heard that it can be like that. If you download the trial version instead, it is a huge set of files (I left it overnight) but with very little to update. My char's name is Ragnangar.

You want to move on and duo my healer with another character then?
I'm really into my PvMP and KF right now, and we clearly don't play at the same times.

I am not rushing on the guardian. It is kinda cool to be able to take your time and explore. :-) But you are right - that may work out better. I will roll a RK or something to group with you and as a side crafter. My guard's tailoring is going nowhere without a forester to provide the leather pieces.

wowzer
05-09-2010, 02:43 PM
This is getting ridiculous. I am on a wireless connection, but my speed is at 55Mbps. My average DL speed on the patcher is only around 40kbps.

Going on 18 hours. Now at 390%. 31773 files downloaded out of the total --- wait theres no way to make the patcher bigger to see the total amount of files. All I can see is the first digit of the total # of files, and it is a 3. Now, am I getting close? Or is it 300,000 something rather than 30,000? I'm gonna go apeshit if I can't play 24 hours after installing the game.

It is ridiculous to have to individually download every file in the patch.

This game better be awesome.

Esfires
05-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Maybe it's just bugged? You might have to restart.

It is an awesome game, though.

Andile™
05-09-2010, 06:39 PM
This is getting ridiculous. I am on a wireless connection, but my speed is at 55Mbps. My average DL speed on the patcher is only around 40kbps.

Going on 18 hours. Now at 390%. 31773 files downloaded out of the total --- wait theres no way to make the patcher bigger to see the total amount of files. All I can see is the first digit of the total # of files, and it is a 3. Now, am I getting close? Or is it 300,000 something rather than 30,000? I'm gonna go apeshit if I can't play 24 hours after installing the game.

It is ridiculous to have to individually download every file in the patch.

This game better be awesome.

Keep me posted, man. I wonder if your store copy is getting updated with the expansion stuff too. Iirc everyone runs the same client - it's the account that enables access to this or that area.

wowzer
05-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Im pretty sure it is updating for the expansions as well. It's still going. Part of it is my internet slowed down to a crawl earlier. I had the patch downloading, my mom was watching netflix movies in her room and my sister was doing the same thing on her wii downstairs. Not to mention my ps3 hogging the connection as well.

It sped up a lot. I restarted the DL just so I could see how many files are left. 1500 to go and everyone will be off the connection in about 30 minutes. I'm estimating 2 more hours tops.

Man, I hope everything is smooth after this. I haven't waited this long for a game since downloading EQ1 patches on dial-up while our DSL was down.

This whole thing with LOTRO is trying my nerves mostly because of the BS that came before it. I was counting down the days until I could order my PC. A week after I ordered, I was waiting for my pc to arrive via UPS. I checked the UPS website to track my order and they said it was delivered the day before. I called UPS and they said it was left on my doorstep. I was so pissed. Who the hell ships a computer without requiring a signature on delivery? (Tigerdirect apparently).

I called Tigerdirect and had them put a tracer on the package. About 5 hours later my neighbor knocked on the door and said they had my computer. So my neighbor kept my computer for an entire day before bringing it to me. It was unopened, but that tells me my neighbor was thinking hard about keeping it.

LOTRO is the first game I've installed so I haven't had a chance to flex my new rig yet.

On the bright side, I bought Super Street Fighter 4 a few days ago and that is keeping me occupied during the wait. My friend let me borrow his ps3 arcade stick, so I've been putting in some major time.

The usually chaotic house will be empty until 6pm tomorrow, so as long as LOTRO is up and running by then I'll be happy.

Andile™
05-10-2010, 01:55 AM
Im pretty sure it is updating for the expansions as well. It's still going. Part of it is my internet slowed down to a crawl earlier. I had the patch downloading, my mom was watching netflix movies in her room and my sister was doing the same thing on her wii downstairs. Not to mention my ps3 hogging the connection as well.

It sped up a lot. I restarted the DL just so I could see how many files are left. 1500 to go and everyone will be off the connection in about 30 minutes. I'm estimating 2 more hours tops.

Man, I hope everything is smooth after this. I haven't waited this long for a game since downloading EQ1 patches on dial-up while our DSL was down.

This whole thing with LOTRO is trying my nerves mostly because of the BS that came before it. I was counting down the days until I could order my PC. A week after I ordered, I was waiting for my pc to arrive via UPS. I checked the UPS website to track my order and they said it was delivered the day before. I called UPS and they said it was left on my doorstep. I was so pissed. Who the hell ships a computer without requiring a signature on delivery? (Tigerdirect apparently).

I called Tigerdirect and had them put a tracer on the package. About 5 hours later my neighbor knocked on the door and said they had my computer. So my neighbor kept my computer for an entire day before bringing it to me. It was unopened, but that tells me my neighbor was thinking hard about keeping it.

LOTRO is the first game I've installed so I haven't had a chance to flex my new rig yet.

On the bright side, I bought Super Street Fighter 4 a few days ago and that is keeping me occupied during the wait. My friend let me borrow his ps3 arcade stick, so I've been putting in some major time.

The usually chaotic house will be empty until 6pm tomorrow, so as long as LOTRO is up and running by then I'll be happy.

It will be a nice test to your new rig. LOTRO has a very broad graphic detail range. I'm currently running most stuff on high/very high and it looks beautiful. It goes in some cases to ultra high but that started affecting performance for me so I stopped there. :-) You can adjust that stuff pretty much anywhere in the games through Options (sometimes Esc -> Options).

I don't know whether you can do this now but it may be worth trying, in case you haven't started your account yet. Go to www.lotro.com and start a trial account so you get the 10 days free - once you do that, you can activate your serial key through the "my account" page and add the extra 30 days that should come with the box. The "my account" page will always tell you when the next billing period will start so you can tell whether it is working as intended.

I hear what you say about computer shipping. 5 years ago I had an alienware laptop left at my door for the best part of a day. I was pissed - and at the same time happy that I had it - but pissed.

wowzer
05-10-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm up and running now. I have a level 8 or 9 Loremaster. Just been questing, and so far it just seems like a wow clone. The quests right now are boring as shit. I don't want to help some lazy ass chef get spider legs for a nasty ass stew. The opening quests followed by the ambush was just a lamer version of Guild Wars opening. So far, nothing original but at least they didn't butcher anything they stole from another game.

I've only seen like 4 other people near me since I started.

Andile I added you to my friends list.

The game is polished and fun so far, but if the game doesn't offer up more variety soon I'm going to start losing interest.

Also, I don't have sound. I have sound at the launcher and cinematics, but not in game.

I'm too lazy to find out what it is right now though.

Esfires
05-10-2010, 12:41 PM

You're in a starter instance.

Graveworm
05-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Yeah, the offer was only up for 2-3 days iirc but this is not the first time they do something like this.

It's a shame this deal came at a time when I really wasn't looking for another game to play. Definitely post another thread if it rolls around again.

EDIT: Don't worry, I have no intention of actually playing with you guys. It would just be nice to give LotRO a shot.

Andile™
05-10-2010, 03:21 PM
It's a shame this deal came at a time when I really wasn't looking for another game to play. Definitely post another thread if it rolls around again.

EDIT: Don't worry, I have no intention of actually playing with you guys. It would just be nice to give LotRO a shot.

LOL ok, I'll let you know but will give you the wrong server name, just in case. (pro-tip :-P for no <\3 feelings)

Andile™
05-10-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm up and running now. I have a level 8 or 9 Loremaster. Just been questing, and so far it just seems like a wow clone. The quests right now are boring as shit. I don't want to help some lazy ass chef get spider legs for a nasty ass stew. The opening quests followed by the ambush was just a lamer version of Guild Wars opening. So far, nothing original but at least they didn't butcher anything they stole from another game.

Andile I added you to my friends list.

The game is polished and fun so far, but if the game doesn't offer up more variety soon I'm going to start losing interest.

Also, I don't have sound. I have sound at the launcher and cinematics, but not in game.

I'm too lazy to find out what it is right now though.

Online now, wowzer. :)

Graveworm
05-10-2010, 05:19 PM
LOL ok, I'll let you know but will give you the wrong server name, just in case. (pro-tip :-P for no <\3 feelings)

I wouldn't ask for a server name. I wouldn't ask for character names. I would pick whatever server appealed to me, even if it was the server you are all playing on, but I wouldn't tell you my character name.

EDIT: I wasn't trying to be a dick with this post. I just don't plan on playing MMOs with you guys. No hard feelings intended.

Andile™
05-10-2010, 07:03 PM
So yeah, back on track: glad you made it, wowzer. See you in tomorrow.

wowzer
05-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Just lvld to 21 on my Loremaster. I've solod the whole way through very easily. I don't have much basis for comparison, but it is very easy for this class to solo groups of mobs around the same level. I've been questing in the Barrow Downs but I'm preparing to move to Lonelands at 22.

Andile you must log on at wacky hours because I rarely see you. I've been lagged out during primetime, but I just messed with my router and it's a little better now.

Still deciding if I want to keep playing after 30 days. The game is far from dead, but the world is pretty large so it feels dead sometimes. The questing and skills seem pretty linear. There are no specs really, and so much of the game is disguised (poorly) grinding.

I'm having fun, but it definitely doesn't feel like a mmorpg. I think its a combination of mostly higher levels and me not having expansion lands to explore. I'm going to make my final judgement after I run a few instances and check out the mid-level content. Hell I'll probably just play this until Guild Wars 2 or Diablo 3 comes out.

Andile™
05-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Us not catching up is probably a combination of the following:

1. I do have wacky (read European) hours;
2. A wife who (rightfully so) expects me to help out with the house and with the;
3. 10 month daughter who keeps us very busy when she's awake and when she's asleep (when we look after the house - item 2);
4. Being away from home every now and again (or more like now and some of next week);
5. Having visitors (next weekend, all of July and august);

You get the gist. :-). I'm probably the worst leveling partner there is to pick. Probably should have mentioned it earlier. Hopefully the kinship will be friendly enough to group and help as needed. They seem to be a good bunch.

I'm personally still very excited about lotro because you can do so much on your own and at your pace. For the reasons above of course. :-)

hope to catch you in game when I'm back. Tho I suspect you'll be quite far ahead in lvls. :-)

Landon
05-22-2010, 05:31 AM
I think I am gonna get in on this.. been looking for something play until Cataclysm releases. Are you guys still playing or what? Landroval right?

VKhaun
05-22-2010, 05:54 AM
I think I am gonna get in on this.. been looking for something play until Cataclysm releases. Are you guys still playing or what? Landroval right?

Landroval is correct.

I just play PvMP, but I'm still around. Veekz is my spider. Going to go far enough to get her all her toys for grouping, then play the Uruk Warleader as my main until I find a good MMO to take my time.

Landon
05-23-2010, 04:56 AM
I started tonight.. Laendon is the name.

Andile™
05-23-2010, 09:02 AM
I just play PvMP, but I'm still around. ... until I find a good MMO to take my time.

Traitor........

I started tonight.. Laendon is the name.

Great! Will add you and catch in game soon. :-)

ps. My char is Ragnangar

wowzer
05-25-2010, 11:45 AM
My new PC came with a bad stick of ram. I just got the replacement yesterday so I will be playing Lotro more now. I've been playing my 22 Warden, name is Linuk.

I just did the Great Barrows instance for the first time last night and it was a blast.

Also have my 21 Loremaster, Feve, but I never play him.

It is still weird to me that arguably the best solo class is a tank (Warden).

Might get into some Monster Play this afternoon just to check it out.

Andile™
05-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Wardens do look like a cool class to play. :-) will see you later

wowzer
05-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Fun, but busy. Memorizing number patterns corresponding with combat skills, altering stances, getting aggro, etc.

Sillywilly
05-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Wardens are awesome sole'ers. Its the one class I have complete confidence in for pretty much any situation. Definitily a busy class though, but it adds alot of flavor to the class.