PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls Online

Bragi
01-17-2013, 12:10 AM
All I'm going to say is: I'm looking forward to this one.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/game-guide/the-alliance-war

Remind you of anything?

Zoobi
01-17-2013, 12:15 AM
I wish I could say I was, but I fear it will end up being like another clone. Keeping an eye on it none-the-less.

Bragi
01-17-2013, 12:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxJTsq2XeKY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Trust me when I say this Catacombites, I'm as cynical as they come on new MMOs (games in general, really), and that video made me change my drawers.

VKhaun
01-17-2013, 02:02 AM
I like that it has low graphics and good art. The guy made a comment in there about being designed from the ground up to display lots and lots of people for massive combat, and that's something I don't think I've ever heard from a game before. The two most massive combat games I can think of are Planet-Side and DAoC, and all three of those games failed miserably when things actually got into 'massive' territory and people stopped renderring.

I'm not sure I like the class system however. TES games were always me vs the world, so I could branch out and make a skirmisher who would melee and block and do some other stuff for utility. For an MMO based on grouping you're basically forcing yourself down a role. If I wanted to make a spell caster in the TES character building system, I would not only be BAD at using a melee weapon if I wanted to, but it would be wasted level-ups and skill-ups to put one on for fun. For best results I would need to level just my spells and utility that's specifically for spells, or else I lose effectiveness vs my level. That's going to lead me to make a dozen characters and never finish one. :/

Zavon
01-17-2013, 06:17 AM
I like that it has low graphics and good art. The guy made a comment in there about being designed from the ground up to display lots and lots of people for massive combat, and that's something I don't think I've ever heard from a game before. The two most massive combat games I can think of are Planet-Side and DAoC, and all three of those games failed miserably when things actually got into 'massive' territory and people stopped renderring.

I'm not sure I like the class system however. TES games were always me vs the world, so I could branch out and make a skirmisher who would melee and block and do some other stuff for utility. For an MMO based on grouping you're basically forcing yourself down a role. If I wanted to make a spell caster in the TES character building system, I would not only be BAD at using a melee weapon if I wanted to, but it would be wasted level-ups and skill-ups to put one on for fun. For best results I would need to level just my spells and utility that's specifically for spells, or else I lose effectiveness vs my level. That's going to lead me to make a dozen characters and never finish one. :/

You're better off judging this game as a newly released independent MMO. Comparing it to TES games is a waste of time imo. It's not going to be that kind of experience or game.

Draconian
01-17-2013, 09:30 AM
Oh lawd. During that 10 minute intro video the guy said "we're going to have the same level of armor customization that you'd expect in an Elder Scrolls game" - so... that's to say a completely limited and shitty armor customization system? Lol. The gear system of Elder Scrolls is quite possibly the weakest part of the game.

Bragi I'm not seeing the dream here, bro. These links don't prove anything about a return to good RvR. GW2 made some of the same claims about WvWvW, and it's shit. Don't get me wrong, looks like it might be a fun PvE game, but I don't see the big deal yet. Here's the problem with the RvR scene they offer: I bet that's the only section of the wall that can fall, I bet that's the only place you can put a treb, and I bet it's gonna be zerg on zerg chokepoints, just like every other attempt at good RvR since DAoC.

Bragi
01-17-2013, 01:52 PM
Well, the game's in pre-Alpha right now, so yeah... I have a feeling that's the only part of the wall that crumbles.

Thala
07-25-2018, 09:34 AM
Hi guys! Can someone recommend me nice PVP build from Templar-Healer? I would be very grateful to you!