PDA

View Full Version : Chess players? Eh?

Lacan
05-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Anyone here play chess? I'm not an expert player, novice at best, but i can't find anyone to play with meh. I play on games.yahoo.com sometimes, its the only free web-based applet I know of.

Look, I know the graphics aren't as dynamic as some of us would want, but it's still a fun game :D

Lacan
05-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Bunch of uncultured ninnys.

Zoobi
05-09-2010, 10:32 AM
The only chess I play is occasionally with my friends on a real chess board.

Andile™
05-09-2010, 01:57 PM
The only computer based chess worth playing is one of a certain theme.

After all you only need one hand to play chess.

Lacan
05-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Come on, internet chess isn't really that much different :p

Draconian
05-11-2010, 09:58 AM
In my mid teens I studied chess as my main hobby for about a year, notated all my games, etc. Had a pretty impressive W/L ratio in the local coffee shop/bar scene, then I fell out of it for quite a while, just playing casual games here n there.

About a month ago I caught the bug again, been going pretty heavy on chess again. Busted out the books, watching Roman Dzindzichashvili videos basically every night (he's an amazing teacher, awesome to listen to), and playing on the weekends up in Buffalo. The best chess website I like to play on is chess.com which is free, and I study tactics at chesstempo.com, but honestly for whatever reason I don't really enjoy playing online. Studying online is fine, but playing just seems dull as fuck, I rarely can get up the motivation to play online instead of just watching a video or studying tactics with the same time. Playing in person is vastly superior.

Lacan
05-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Im signed up as Lacan223, the training is kinda weird.