PDA

View Full Version : WAR/Warhammer

NAH Grahm Cracker
07-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Can anyone give me the details on how WAR has progressed since release?

I played for barely a month (burned myself out so fast, hardly anyone was at my level at the time that I quit), and haven't really been following since. I promised myself one thing, that if EA/Mythic removes the cool-down from Boon of Tzeentch, I would resub for at least a month. I just noticed that the most recent test patch is messing around with the rune priest/zealot, so I figure it might happen (they also removed the cast time from the rituals which is a huge plus in my mind).

How is the game doing? Is there much epic RVR, or is it mostly just lame battlegrounds crap? Is the population reasonable? Anything else that anyone feels important to note?

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing, have they rebalanced the rewards from keep sieges/public quests so that better rewards are a little more consistent/fair?

VKhaun
07-26-2010, 11:35 PM
I have two friends who play actively, I'll ask them about it and post later.

Sillywilly
07-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Warhammer has definitely come a long way since its first month. Hell since its first 6 months. From what I understand the population is pretty good on the 4 remaing servers. I don't think open RvsR has improved much though. The concept is still pretty much the same, and I haven't played since city siege revamps which were pretty shitty before. ORvsR feels pointless compared to DAoC. You now get tokens from kills and keep captures so the RvsR gear is obtained more efficiently.

Draconian
07-27-2010, 10:58 AM
I used to watch my roommates play RvR, and it was literally them standing either on the ramp (attacking) or at the top of the ramp (defending), spamming AoE's for 20-60 minutes until one side gave up or managed to break through somehow. It looked incredibly boring and not nearly as dynamic as DAoC RvR keep sieges.

Sillywilly
07-27-2010, 05:38 PM
I used to watch my roommates play RvR, and it was literally them standing either on the ramp (attacking) or at the top of the ramp (defending), spamming AoE's for 20-60 minutes until one side gave up or managed to break through somehow. It looked incredibly boring and not nearly as dynamic as DAoC RvR keep sieges.

Pretty much. Because there was never any collapsable walls or anything of that sort it was always about funnel kills on the ramp. Actually capturing a fortress (after zone locks) was pretty much nothing but epic encounter PvsE.

They did so many things wrong with open RvsR in that game.

NAH Grahm Cracker
07-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Well, given the few posts in this thread, I won't be resubbing at least not until I see the change to boon of tzeentch.

wowzer
07-29-2010, 07:47 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/09/warhammer-online-billing-error-results-in-overcharge/

Never forget.