PDA

View Full Version : Aika OB

Taolas
03-15-2010, 06:11 AM
So I'm going to give it a go too and was wondering what class some of you guys were gonna play. We're playing on Lenarian.

I didn't play CB, but looked at a skill builder. The major classes seem well defined.

Cleric - Important Healer (only debuff removal skill in game at level 40??), only revive.
Paladin - Main Tank
Warrior - Melee, also HP/MP regen group buff.
Sniper - Major ranged damage, huge crit chance skills
Dualies - Status effects, ranged damage (right?), some crit skills
Warlock - Bunnifies stuff

http://aika-tools.6.ql.bz/skill/en/

Warrior looks cool, but I always die as melee in PvP. So I'll start with Paladin for def and make a Cleric or Sniper second, depending on how it goes. Prolly use Water Pran for extra defense and debuff resist (whatever the game calls it).

Mute
03-15-2010, 10:07 AM
I think I'm going to stick with the sniper, since I had the most fun with him.

Marou
03-15-2010, 11:50 AM
I loved my cleric. Good offense and strong AOE's or strong support, depending on how you're specced. So, I'm definitely rolling another in OB. Not sure what my final skill spec will be, but since resets are cheap and infinite I'll probably switch it up depending on what I'm doing at the moment once I reach level cap.

I got to 32 in CB, and the current cap is 50 IIRC, so it will probably only take a few weeks.

Zoobi
03-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Really wish they had an assassin esque class. I'll probably roll a dualies.

Aeinna
03-15-2010, 07:13 PM
I got to level 32 with a Dual Gunner and they are the closest thing to a rogue class. Once you get to tier 3 for skills, everything does shit tons of damage and is a form of crowd control. Not sure if i will make another come OB. I'd like to try a warlock but i just can't bring myself to play a dude.

Mute
03-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Have you guys (Aeinna and Marou) read anything about them changing that? So you can pick what gender you want to be?

Marou
03-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Nah, doubt they ever will either. Its part of their strategy for making 1000 vs 1000 battles not a slide show.

Taolas
03-16-2010, 03:24 AM
Can you share Prans between characters? If so, can you make different types or are you stuck?

/edit playing now, name DvineFaith

Marou
03-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Can you share Prans between characters? If so, can you make different types or are you stuck?

You can have more than one Pran, and they are shared between characters. I don't know that I'll have any time to play today but I went ahead and got my names.

-=Nation=-
Lenaria

-=Character List=-
Marou - Marksman (Name Holding / Mule)
Vaermina - Cleric (Active)

Mute
03-16-2010, 02:45 PM
I probably will be playing later tonight, but I went on to snag my names as well.

Lenaria
Mute - Riflemen
Mewt - Paladin
Muteless - Dual Gunner

Again Ill mostly be on Mute.

Zoobi
03-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Zoobi - Warrior(Main because I want a melee damage dealer and this is all that is available)
Izorel - Dual Gunner(Alt, will become main if I don't like warrior)

Mute
03-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Are the weapons you get for being a closed beta tester just for looks?

Marou
03-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Yeah, you can use the Athlon item to transfer another weapon's stats into them.

Mute
03-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Huh thats pretty interesting. I'm bummed its a one time use kind of thing though, cuz now ill never want to use it.

What do you guys think about starting a catacombs guild?

Taolas
03-18-2010, 06:46 PM
I wouldn't mind, but I never see anyone online lol. Only zoobi once.

Boxy Brown
03-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Aika's a little too AZN for my taste. I'm gonna stick with Uthgard for now.