+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 168

Thread: Diablo 3

  1. #51

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ensley View Post
    You are an idiot if you think the game will have dupes and cheats, aside from the occasional bug/exploit that gets canned like every other game.
    You are an idiot if you think the in-game store and real money usage is bad for the game. Or you are just a broke loser who works at McDonald's who wants to live above their means. Or you live in China and are upset you can't be a gold farmer in D3.
    You are an idiot if you think the game should have any form of single player. No one cares about you and if you have bad internet, want to play at work, live in Bumfuck Egypt with high latency, etc. The other 98% of us would rather have a game that doesn't have hacked client-side data and pirated shit.


    In conclusion, most of you are idiots.
    I love how you make good, well thought out arguments that explain why your opinions are worth anything.

    I don't care about your first point, you're definitely right that this will be a lot safer game than Diablo 2 was/is.

    You're just being obnoxious with your other 2 points:

    Being broke or Chinese might be legit reasons to not like the real money AH, but there are a ton of other legit reasons to prefer that games don't head down that road - how the spirit of the game will be affected is the primary reason I'm hesitant to accept it with open arms. Almost everyone's thoughts on the matter are purely speculative, we will see how it turns out. I'm guessing it will go 1 of 4 ways for me:
    1.) Using the real money AH becomes practically mandatory and over priced and I stop playing, NBD - I'm sure I'll have some fun playing up until that point.
    2.) Using the real money AH becomes practically mandatory, but reasonably priced and I play and have fun and I'm out 50 bucks.
    3.) Using the real money AH is not mandatory - I play and have fun.
    4.) Using the real money AH is not mandatory - I play and have fun and make a little bit of money.

    Lastly, I think most people agree that having an internet connection isn't a problem 99% of the time these days, but that leaves 3.65 days out of the year where I might want to play Diablo 3 and just not be able to. Blizzard can do just fine stopping client side hacking regardless of if there is a single player, and piracy will very likely happen anyways. Is it a deal breaker? For me, no, but I don't blame anyone who disagrees (and I am not going to call someone an idiot for it). It would be nice if Blizzard backed off on this just for the sake of 3.65 days out of my year, but whatever the game will be awesome.

    Please don't be a giant asshole when you post, it does nothing for the conversation.
    Last edited by NAH Grahm Cracker; 08-09-2011 at 05:47 PM.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,058

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ensley View Post
    You are an idiot if you think the game will have dupes and cheats, aside from the occasional bug/exploit that gets canned like every other game.
    You are an idiot if you think the in-game store and real money usage is bad for the game. Or you are just a broke loser who works at McDonald's who wants to live above their means. Or you live in China and are upset you can't be a gold farmer in D3.
    You are an idiot if you think the game should have any form of single player. No one cares about you and if you have bad internet, want to play at work, live in Bumfuck Egypt with high latency, etc. The other 98% of us would rather have a game that doesn't have hacked client-side data and pirated shit.


    In conclusion, most of you are idiots.
    The only bit I'm pissed off is not being able to mod the game, tbh. Still probably going to pick it up as it will be worth at least one playthrough.

    Quote Originally Posted by NAH Grahm Cracker View Post
    Please don't be a giant asshole when you post, it does nothing for the conversation.
    Welcome to Catacombs, you must be new here.

  3. #53

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    Quote Originally Posted by graveworm View Post
    welcome to the internet, you must be new here.
    ftfy

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,058

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    Quote Originally Posted by NAH Grahm Cracker View Post
    ftfy
    Considering that the only forums I post on are this one and Something Awful (where you get your $10 account banned for shitposting), your point is invalid. Also, you cannot welcome yourself to the internet. It will cause a tear in the space-time continuum.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    633

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    I have a whole new level of respect for you, Smooch... You paid $10 to have people you've never met not like you.

  6. #56
    Ensley Guest

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    People have QQd about what I posted everywhere, not just here, so that's why I felt like addressing the issues as such. People post on d2jsp, VN, etc that they are mad because they live in a bad country no one cares about with high latency on Blizzard games and freak out like Blizzard owes them something and act as if them not buying the game is any sort of economical threat to Blizzard. This has pretty much always been something I found a bit annoying in every gaming forum. I just wish everyone knew your shit really does stink, you mean nothing to anyone important, the world won't be different when you die, and no one cares if you don't play D3 or any other game.

    I don't know why I've never said that before - my forum posts over the last decade have pretty much always summed up to that.

    If you aren't going to play D3, ok. If you feel you have an objective point of view you'd like to state as to why many people would also not like to play D3, I'd love to hear it. Unfortunately, none of the posts here have risen above 'I don't understand why Blizzard wants to make the money instead of letting the gooks do it, derp!'

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,452

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    We get it Ensley, you're a Blizzard fanboi and they can do no wrong. Go back to your troll cave already.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,058

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    Seriously, why are you guys hating on Ensley so much?

  9. #59
    Ensley Guest

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoobi View Post
    We get it Ensley, you're a Blizzard fanboi and they can do no wrong. Go back to your troll cave already.
    Actually I think WoW is a bad game because it has no open-world PvP, SC2 is bad because it doesn't use server-side latency (seriously is it still 1998?) and the last good game they made relative to its time was D2. I have also played D3 for several hours so I think my opinions mean more than the baseless 'qq reel munies' posts here and everywhere else. Seriously, I could understand being upset about an in-game store and real money usage if there weren't 2 billion Chinamen already lined up to do it, but that's the reality of gaming these days. Unless you make a game where EVERYTHING from currencies to gear is ALL bind-on-pickup, there will always be gook farmers. There were people advertising gold for the new Age of Conan server before it was even released.

    Thank you for +1'ing the 'I don't understand why Blizzard wants to make the money instead of letting the gooks do it, derp!' posts as previously stated.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,452

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ensley View Post
    Actually I think WoW is a bad game because it has no open-world PvP, SC2 is bad because it doesn't use server-side latency (seriously is it still 1998?) and the last good game they made relative to its time was D2. I have also played D3 for several hours so I think my opinions mean more than the baseless 'qq reel munies' posts here and everywhere else. Seriously, I could understand being upset about an in-game store and real money usage if there weren't 2 billion Chinamen already lined up to do it, but that's the reality of gaming these days. Unless you make a game where EVERYTHING from currencies to gear is ALL bind-on-pickup, there will always be gook farmers. There were people advertising gold for the new Age of Conan server before it was even released.

    Thank you for +1'ing the 'I don't understand why Blizzard wants to make the money instead of letting the gooks do it, derp!' posts as previously stated.
    Playing the game for a few hours doesn't mean anything when it comes to the real money auction house. If I were to put a stop to chinamen farming I would make everything bind-on-pickup but tradeable on the auction house. There would be no way chinamen could make money off of the game if they can't convert what they make in game to real money. Actually a pretty simple solution to the issue. That includes gold. Sure you wouldn't be able to give items to your buddies for free, but that's better than involving real money in the game imo. That's just a simple idea I came up with in 5 minutes, I'm sure all the brilliant minds at Blizzard can think up other ideas that work in a similar fashion. Right now this is going to end up being pay for power which is a shame and no one will put the best stuff on the gold auction house.

    Luckily for me I'm going to be playing hardcore which doesn't feature the real money auction house so pay2win will be a lot less common. The mere fact that selling stuff for real money in diablo 2 wasn't legal made a lot of people more reluctant to buy items for money, not to mention if the item they bought was duped and could poof at any time.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    518

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Graveworm View Post
    Seriously, why are you guys hating on Ensley so much?
    Because he supports that video game cancer called activison and thus is a horrible person.

    "Blue Moon is for fags" - DJive

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,320

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ensley View Post
    If you aren't going to play D3, ok. If you feel you have an objective point of view you'd like to state as to why many people would also not like to play D3, I'd love to hear it. Unfortunately, none of the posts here have risen above 'I don't understand why Blizzard wants to make the money instead of letting the gooks do it, derp!'
    Actually I think I summed up my thoughts on the issue pretty succinctly. By adding the real money auction house, they promote the practice of buying in-game items for real world cash. I, like plenty of other people, don't particularly care for the practice. It has virtually nothing to do with available capital and everything to do with the fact that I don't want to spend real money on fake items. It's easy to say "Well, don't then", except I still believe that you'll find very little available for in-game currency. Thus most items will be out of reach for anyone who doesn't want to shell out more money on a game they already paid retail price for.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,281

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    Ok but lets not jump to conclusions here as this isn't a cash shop like LotRO/etc has. You aren't actually buying the items from Blizzard. So a guy with 20 bucks to burn isn't going to be buying from an infinite pool of products. Really this is just Diablo 2 Ebay done through battle.net itself. While yes it does mean someone who is too weak sauce to get their own items the hardway can get the good stuff, it's not really any different than when they got it on ebay. Again this stuff will have to be legitmately farmed and slaved over to get by someone at least, to where as buying tomes in the DDO or LotRO store there is no supply vs demand because the supply is infinite. Supply will not be infinite in that manner with this method.

    I'm not a fan of RWMT at all, but still, this isn't worse case scenario by far.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

  14. #64
    Ensley Guest

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoobi View Post
    Playing the game for a few hours doesn't mean anything when it comes to the real money auction house.
    Cool, except I've seen the auction house as well, and you certainly can't "pay2win". It's just like the Age of Conan item store - the items you can buy from the store are generally better than random trash from derp mobs, but the dungeons, bosses, and difficult quests give items far superior to the store bought items. Most every item has a level restriction, so you can't just spend $100 on a level 1 and power-gook yourself. It's incredibly ignorant for people to think you can just dump 2 grand on the game and be better than everyone else. People will buy the occasional weapon or chest piece to help them level until they get the next dungeon/quest/boss drop that is twice as good. Anyone who buys full suits of gear from the game shop is either retarded or just refuse to do dungeons/bosses/quests and won't be able to compete with people who do anyway.

    It basically goes like this -

    You current weapon is 10 DPS with +10 strength. You haven't been real lucky yet.
    You have a decent chance to find magical weapons with 12 DPS and +12 strength.
    You could use the game store and buy a weapon that is 13 DPS and +13 strength.
    You could do dungeons or fight bosses, or wait for your next quest, and get one that is 15 DPS and 15 strength.
    You could also be ridiculously lucky and kill a mob that drops a weapon that is 17 DPS with 17 strength

    Does that really make it sound like the GAME STORE is a problem?

    As far as the game is going right now, the Chinamen will still make profits from big-name rare items that are not BOP and are better than the store stuff. There are people who will dump hundreds on these items, but no one complains about that, they just complain about the game shop.

    And I have bad news for you but hardcore will be as "pay2win" as it gets, because people will be more inclined to spend $100 on 1 item from the Chinamen that has a 0.1% chance to drop to prevent their hardcore character from dying. People who play softcore generally wouldn't care that much because dying isn't a huge deal.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,452

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ensley View Post
    Cool, except I've seen the auction house as well, and you certainly can't "pay2win". It's just like the Age of Conan item store - the items you can buy from the store are generally better than random trash from derp mobs, but the dungeons, bosses, and difficult quests give items far superior to the store bought items. Most every item has a level restriction, so you can't just spend $100 on a level 1 and power-gook yourself. It's incredibly ignorant for people to think you can just dump 2 grand on the game and be better than everyone else. People will buy the occasional weapon or chest piece to help them level until they get the next dungeon/quest/boss drop that is twice as good. Anyone who buys full suits of gear from the game shop is either retarded or just refuse to do dungeons/bosses/quests and won't be able to compete with people who do anyway.

    It basically goes like this -

    You current weapon is 10 DPS with +10 strength. You haven't been real lucky yet.
    You have a decent chance to find magical weapons with 12 DPS and +12 strength.
    You could use the game store and buy a weapon that is 13 DPS and +13 strength.
    You could do dungeons or fight bosses, or wait for your next quest, and get one that is 15 DPS and 15 strength.
    You could also be ridiculously lucky and kill a mob that drops a weapon that is 17 DPS with 17 strength

    Does that really make it sound like the GAME STORE is a problem?

    As far as the game is going right now, the Chinamen will still make profits from big-name rare items that are not BOP and are better than the store stuff. There are people who will dump hundreds on these items, but no one complains about that, they just complain about the game shop.

    And I have bad news for you but hardcore will be as "pay2win" as it gets, because people will be more inclined to spend $100 on 1 item from the Chinamen that has a 0.1% chance to drop to prevent their hardcore character from dying. People who play softcore generally wouldn't care that much because dying isn't a huge deal.
    Uhh, except for the part where they said high end items would be able to be placed on the auction house.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,149

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    Zooberz. Chotboxaolol calls thee.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I move around a lot.
    Posts
    1,370

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoobi View Post
    Uhh, except for the part where they said high end items would be able to be placed on the auction house.
    Before DAoC was released, Mythic said Elds were going to wear chain and be a melee/caster hybrid. I think I'll listen to the guy who's actually played the game.

  18. #68

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    If there's a real money auction house it's definitely pay to win the PvE...

    I don't know how you can dispute that. You reach a boss or area you can't beat with the gear you've found, you pay $ for better gear rather than farm, you can now beat him. That's the most black and white pay to win there can be.

    For PvP it's a little different. You shouldn't be going in there seriously expecting to win with an incomplete build and hodge podge gear. A real money AH might make it more available to people with real money, might make it faster to get into that, but really you can't pay to win there because your opponents shouldn't be going into the ring with you without getting their final items in whatever way.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,452

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxy Brown View Post
    Before DAoC was released, Mythic said Elds were going to wear chain and be a melee/caster hybrid. I think I'll listen to the guy who's actually played the game.
    This would be valid if he had played more than a few hours. Also, Blizzard =/= Mythic. I know Ensley is your butt buddy but you gotta see past that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vkhaun
    For PvP it's a little different. You shouldn't be going in there seriously expecting to win with an incomplete build and hodge podge gear. A real money AH might make it more available to people with real money, might make it faster to get into that, but really you can't pay to win there because your opponents shouldn't be going into the ring with you without getting their final items in whatever way.
    So you're saying PVP shouldn't happen until months after the games release? K, I'll keep that in mind.

  20. #70

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoobi View Post
    So you're saying PVP shouldn't happen until months after the games release? K, I'll keep that in mind.
    Good.

    I detect your sarcasm but I don't deserve it.
    PvP that you expect to be on equal terms shouldn't happen until months after the game releases.

    A game like this never facilitates mid level PvP on even terms. Sure if you want to be a whore you could point out that the AH lets people buy the best gear for their level, but that doesn't have a consequence. The PvP at mid levels in this game type is never even or fair to begin with. The guy who got lucky and found more/better/more specific to his build just auto wins. Throwing PvP into the AH discussion is retarded. There was nothing there for it to ruin with pay 2 win.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,149

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    Has pvp ever really been fair ever?
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

  22. #72

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Has pvp ever really been fair ever?
    I think the bigger question is: Why the fuck do people care about PvP in a Diablo game? Regardless of the inclusion of the Arena-style PvP in this third game, the series has never put a heavy emphasis on Player Vs. Player. The first game included it more to support the grim world, because they knew some assholes would come into your game and stab you in the back. The second game seemed to include it largely because Diablo II was Diablo: Tons of Extra Shit Edition. Even the developers have gone on record saying that the game is entirely focused around PvE, to the point of using it as an excuse to downplay the effects of the Auction House.

    I mean, if horribly imbalanced, highly gear-dependent, low-skill PvP is your thing, go ahead and attempt to make it work. I'll pick it up so I can make cool particle effects explode out of my Wizard's hands, that also happen to destroy rooms full of zombies and maybe make me better at the whole explody-hands-zombie-killing-particle thing. Or get together with my friends and do stupid shit like see how far we can get in Hardcore mode when we all play as Naked Monks slapping things to death.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Overseeing a mass of self-replicating organic matter.
    Posts
    1,327

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    Gotta agree with Ero on this one, never really saw the draw to Diablo 2 PvP. I'll be buying D3 for the hopefully awesome campaign and LAN-party replay value.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    504

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Dumah View Post
    I have a whole new level of respect for you, Smooch... You paid $10 to have people you've never met not like you.
    Its rare so I must comment, well done sir.


    Also Ensley argument has won me over, not that I will waste much time with DIII but he is correct on all his points.

    If im being honest I like supporting Chinese gold farmers time to time, I worry this move by DIII will put many of them out of work.



    Drac you have to really like dueling to get into DII pvp, if you are more into group or goal based pvp... DII and DIII has no pvp.
    Last edited by Taoist; 08-10-2011 at 09:54 PM.
    "The problem with quotations on the internet is it is hard to tell if they are authentic"
    Abraham Lincoln - 1864

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    499

    Default Re: Diablo 3

    diablo 2 pvp was awesome before the expansion. Runes ruined the game IMO.

    And it was fairly balanced at that point as well. Well... my sorc owned everything, and barbs pwnt me. IMO thats balance

Similar Threads

  1. Diablo 3 Crafting System Revealed
    By Zoobi in forum News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 11:05 AM
  2. Diablo 2
    By draybook in forum General MMO Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 01:28 PM
  3. Slashdot's Hands On Diablo 3
    By trol in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 04:16 PM
  4. Diablo III Fifth Class revealed!
    By Ero Elohim in forum News
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 02:57 PM
  5. The latest patch for diablo 2
    By cbh13 in forum Other Games
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 10:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts