+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DAoC is semi-alive again

Default DAoC is semi-alive again

I made a trial account for nostalgia, and the servers actually feel fairly alive again. There's peeps in the training bgs doing quests and taking the main keep, real keeps trade hands every night (along with control of DF), and even remote zones in SI (Faraheim, Moderngrav, Griploska Mountains, etc.) where I like to disappear have people wandering around in them. The servers are all linked now to a single frontier (maybe it's been that way for a while, but I've also been gone a while), and you can transfer between any of the servers instantly, so I think that helps a little.

If anyone does decide to pop on, I'm Hrontir (Midgard). Cheers!

Default Re: DAoC is semi-alive again

Yeah I have an open DAoC account. Got a sham lock and hunter 50 and geared on mid side, and I know age has a bd and ensley has some things as well, so lemme know if you actually pick it up again and we can troll some nubs.

PS if that's the case you should make a skald.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxy Brown View Post
    Yeah I have an open DAoC account. Got a sham lock and hunter 50 and geared on mid side, and I know age has a bd and ensley has some things as well, so lemme know if you actually pick it up again and we can troll some nubs.

PS if that's the case you should make a skald.
    Awesome! Also, already ahead of you, I am a skald . I still remember how much walking sucks in DAoC :P

EDIT: Hey, I've got my old title and join date. Woot!
    Last edited by Kaboose; 08-18-2011 at 01:01 PM.

Overseeing a mass of self-replicating organic matter.

Any fagtastic events coming up like last January where I got an Animist fresh from 50 rr2 to rr7 in 3 days of casual play?

I have felt like an MMO after reading about GW2 so much.

Always wanted to do a valewalker...
    Might download and see how it feels to play it again.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Won't let me log in without an EA account.
    Won't send a password recovery e-mail for my EA account.
    GG, back to hellgate.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

That sucks. EA costs daoc another customer. In other news, my 39 VW is quite chummy chim chim churrah.

Okay they all dropped in. Patching it up.

Working over the weekend so won't be on much and I'm sure I'll change my mind about class/realm twice before I make it to lv10 on anything.

What's the standard level path now? Aurulite dungeon hopping?

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    Okay they all dropped in. Patching it up.

Working over the weekend so won't be on much and I'm sure I'll change my mind about class/realm twice before I make it to lv10 on anything.

What's the standard level path now? Aurulite dungeon hopping?
    Aurulite dungeon hopping and Catacombs quests still give awesome exp and gear, but I think in terms of sheer speed the practice bg repeatable quests are far and away the fastest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboose View Post
    Aurulite dungeon hopping and Catacombs quests still give awesome exp and gear, but I think in terms of sheer speed the practice bg repeatable quests are far and away the fastest.
    I always really enjoyed lowbie pac healers in thid and wanted to play them higher.
    If I can level in BG's but not get great gear, I might just roll up a Frostalf pac healer.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    I always really enjoyed lowbie pac healers in thid and wanted to play them higher.
    If I can level in BG's but not get great gear, I might just roll up a Frostalf pac healer.
    Actually, I completely forgot that the BG repeatable quests give Aurulite. So do those!

BG quests give absurd amounts of XP and enough aurulite to buy a full suit and several pieces of jewelry in each BG.

OH GOD WHY AM I ABOUT TO PLAY THIS GAME AGAIN

fml

Quote Originally Posted by Graveworm View Post
    OH GOD WHY AM I ABOUT TO PLAY THIS GAME AGAIN

fml
    Good, goooood. Let the hate flow through you.

Boxy where have you been fag ? Ensley and I have been raping Molv, we beat an alb group 4v2 and we pugged a BM last night and beat every 3-4 man until they all logged. I'm probably not going to buy any plat btw since just a couple of hrs in Molv has given me 1.2 plat so far.

We have a Hib molv group, anyone with who has a toon is welcome to come speed bump for us. Also a bunch of Mordred shit going on on VN right now. Apparently Ywain is too zergy so all the small mans / solos want to roll toons on Mordred, but the servers still been pretty dead other than duels in Goth.

Anyone who has had an inactive account for like a year or something gets 14 free days, playing something that's not a shard until the nostalgia wears off is nice sometimes.

It's 90 days actually. Bogle I totally thought your computer died which is why I haven't been on.

Wow the newbie tutorial is big now.
    I took a swim when they gave me the hour breath pot and couldn't find anything, so I was all sadface... but then I gigantic shark swam through and I guess that's something at least. Going to hang out here and do the mini DF and stuff for a while.

Mini DF owns but honestly just get to the BGs and stay there. That's where the players are and that's where the action is. Most fun I've had leveling up a character in a LONG time. Reminds me of 35s on Mordred.

Yeah the new tutorial is awesome and it's a shame people didn't appreciate it for the work they did but it's truly a bad place to level. Quests in BGs don't start until you can start earning Rps, which is 15, so don't worry where you level till Killaloe :P

Went to the mini DF with two warriors and I was 10 in about half an hour lol...
    Retarded XP in there. Camp bonus, RvR bonus, and easy mobs.
    I'll just try to get to 15 and jump into BG's then.

Quote Originally Posted by graveworm View Post
    oh god why am i about to play this game again

fml
    qft
    fml

Quote Originally Posted by geathiel View Post
    Yeah the new tutorial is awesome and it's a shame people didn't appreciate it for the work they did but it's truly a bad place to level. Quests in BGs don't start until you can start earning Rps, which is 15, so don't worry where you level till Killaloe :P
    Actually I think the 10+ BG has quests for huge XP and aurulite chips.

Overseeing a mass of self-replicating organic matter.

The BG quests are the ONLY way to level after mini-DF takes you to level 10. I think Braemar is the last one with them, sadly. You level soooooooo fast on those quests, it really is silly.

What classes are good for solo these days in each realm? They don't have to be the best, just good.

Got to work (my first few hours here are overlap with another shift) and started browsing the herald.

Holy shit @ Archery now...
    The buffs and speed are BUILT IN? SERIOUSLY?
    Lv5 Volly? Double DoT's?

It looks like they took stealth and made them into true archers, rather than guerilla types.
    Definitely have to roll up an archer for when there's no groups for my pac healer.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 08-19-2011 at 06:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread