+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Blizzcon News: the Next WoW Expansion

Swtor doesn't seem to have gameplay as good as WoW and I have some big concerns about if they can deliver raids that are as challenging and fun and shit as wow raids(even though I don't really like raiding, its still part of a good mmo), and also I am not sure if they can make fun balanced competitive pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalis View Post
    Maybe if the talked more about this supposed conflict between the alliance and horde heating up it would be more interesting but I doubt it. Seeing as how if that's the case you know before hand neither side is going to lose. So what's the point?
    This is honestly a big problem I see in these "two-sided" MMOs. One of the big things that make me think fondly about EVE or DAOC, is that they let sides lose. Sure, you couldn't get permanently killed or anything in DAOC, but realms could lose all their keeps and basically get shit-stomped out of Frontiers for an evening or two. Nothing like that happens in WoW, and won't happen in SWTOR. The Jedi v. Sith war will be exactly like the Alliance v. Horde conflict in WoW: Superficial and quickly boredom-inducing.

Honestly, I kinda like the art and idea behind Mists of Pandaria. The Monk class sounds interesting, the new talent system seems like it'll lead to some ridiculous builds and probably unbalance the game further - but exploiting the changing system to win is most of the fun of MMOs, and the artwork for the new areas looks beautiful. It's too bad it's a WoW expansion and I already deleted all my characters so I'd never get involved in that shit again.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDiggerNicks View Post
    No one is going to go and play TOR, another bad game, just because WoW has become a bad game too.
    Yes they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Esfires View Post
    Yes they will.
    QFT...

People online constantly say they are only playing LoL/DAoC because they are waiting for SWTOR. Hype has taken over the gaming market and has been for quite a while. I was really surprised when PC people fell for the CoD craze but now I've learned my lesson.