+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hair follicle drug test

Default Hair follicle drug test

I took a couple of Tylenol 3's from a co-worker a few months ago for a toothache. Then, on October 19th, my birthday, I got popped for a "random" drug test. I only took those two pills, and that was about 3 months ago. I had a haircut last month. I don't drink, do drugs, or smoke. I take the occasional Ibuprofen and most of August I was taking Dayquil. What are the chances of me getting popped on this drug test? I was literally pale as a ghost when I had to go take it, because I can't afford to get fired over some bullshit like this. I believe the pills were 30mg each of codeine. I see what the general thresholds are that most screenings look for, but I can't figure out how much is likely to show in my hair.

Another co-worked asked his mother, who is a doctor in Alaska, and she said it shouldn't show up due to being a low dosage and only taken once. Any thoughts?

Default Re: Hair follicle drug test

Well, in Alaska dosages are different than anywhere else in the world so your friend's mom is stupid and wrong. Also, that's why it pays to be a bald man.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Well, in Alaska dosages are different than anywhere else in the world so your friend's mom is stupid and wrong. Also, that's why it pays to be a bald man.
    They don't have to take it from your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Valec View Post
    They don't have to take it from your head.
    If you believe that, you must be from Alaska.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

You're fine. I've known people who went into drugs tests high and passed them.
    S I G N A P H O N E

You're worried about 100% legal drugs showing up on your drug test?

Suspishoush!

Either you are not telling us something or you are THAT paranoid and slightly retarded.

You are seriously worried about a couple of Tylenol you took 3 months ago? Correct me if I am wrong fellow Catacomber's and drug takers but the drug that stays in your system the longest is pot and that is one month.

Really? Tylenol from 3 months ago? Really?

/Points finger

LIAR!
    "Why is my face wet?"
    "No one knows, perhaps you urinated."
    "In my face?"

The odds of that amount of codeine showing up in your hair test is minimal. The cutoff for detection is above 300 Pg/Mg. So, you have nothing to worry about.
    "Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch TV, save for old age, obey the law. Repeat after me: I am free."

THC binds with fat cells and can remain in your body for a long time, as someone who has been smoking for about 38 years, it would take a year or more to clear my system. Luckily I have never been tested.
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

-"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

Alex Mars is my hero.

Also, "Tylenol 3 = 300mg Acetaminophen / 30 mg Codeine". Now as for the rest of whether or not it would show in your hair 3 months later, I doubt it.
    Last edited by Pyrrhus; 10-23-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Why would it matter if it showed up on a drug test? Codeine is legal with prescription.

They could potentially ask for his script, or the doctor who scribed it, but he got it from a friend. Thus "technically" is abusing prescription medicine I guess? Really have no idea about his companies drug policies, or the laws regarding drugs and the workplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Body hair goes back up to one year. And yes, they'll take it from elsewhere if none u top.

It just seems so bizarre that someone would care about a small dosage of prescription painkillers.

Yeah dray, as Aeinna and CoSh have pointed out, this is alot of stress over a couple of script painkillers from a few months ago. You sure you didn't really mean a couple hookers and an 8-ball?
    "Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch TV, save for old age, obey the law. Repeat after me: I am free."

I have to agree with CoSH. This is stuff you could google and find out on your own and it was so long ago. I also find it odd that a company does random hair drug testing. I'm not saying there aren't companies out there that don't do this but it just all seems fishy.

You could really just be overly paranoid but I still say suspicious.
    "Why is my face wet?"
    "In my face?"

This is why being on good terms with your regular physician is preferable. Shit like this happens, you go to him and say "Look, I took some codeine a while back because of some bad pain I was in. Can you write me a note stating you gave them to me for an ankle sprain or something?"

Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    You are seriously worried about a couple of Tylenol you took 3 months ago? Correct me if I am wrong fellow Catacomber's and drug takers but the drug that stays in your system the longest is pot and that is one month.
    As was pointed out, the drug doesn't need to be in your system to show up in your hair (just in your system while the hair was growing). Also, LSD can be detected for years with a spinal tap, but spinal taps are mostly illegal in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Graveworm View Post
    As was pointed out, the drug doesn't need to be in your system to show up in your hair (just in your system while the hair was growing). Also, LSD can be detected for years with a spinal tap, but spinal taps are mostly illegal in the US.
    Again, he needs to worry why? Look, if Dray was all, I had been taking this shit for over a week, I'd say maybe he could worry but it was a couple. Even more than that, unless he lied about how much he took, it won't show up enough to concern his company.

I'll add to your paranoia! After reading a bit on hair drug tests, you could almost say it sounds like someone ratted you out. You took this three months ago, hair drug tests go back 90 days, you were "randomly" chosen... Conspirahsy!
    "Why is my face wet?"
    "In my face?"

Well, the guy I got them from was randomly selected the week before, ironically.

+ Reply to Thread