View Poll Results: How long do you anticipate playing Skyrim?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less Than 10 Hours

0 0%
  • More Than 10 Hours

1 3.85%
  • More Than 20 Hours

5 19.23%
  • More Than 30 Hours

0 0%
  • More Than 40 Hours

4 15.38%
  • More Than 100 Hours

5 19.23%
  • Uncountable, off and on until ES6

9 34.62%
  • Not my kind of game, skipping

2 7.69%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyrim!

Default Re: Skyrim!

"The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/1...finite-quests/

So, this is what they meant by "more stuff to do when you beat faction questlines".

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Howard
    In addition to these minor tasks, Howard says you’ll be able to do extra work for each of the game’s factions, like the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild. Once you complete the scripted quest lines for each group, you can go to their respective hubs and pick up randomly generated missions to steal gems or assassinate shopkeepers across Skyrim’s massive world.

So, yeah. I'll be playing this for a long...long...long, time. I can only imagine modders will improve the heck out of that aspect of the game too.

/edit: Also, new podcast: http://www.elderscrolls.com/communit...mating-skyrim/

/edit2: FOV console command.

1. Open the console (with the "~" key)
    2. Type "fov [Value]"
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Bastard. You're playing?

I made a female.. I always do =/

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    Bastard. You're playing?
    Indeed. And yes, that is a jacked Dark Elf.

Going to do Veekz as a vampire mage... and VKhaun as an Argonian fighter type.

HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Which to do first?

I got my copy a day early!

"Blue Moon is for fags" - DJive

lol i guess they didn't think about this

Quote Originally Posted by Ozoron View Post
    lol i guess they didn't think about this
    That's fucking hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Valec View Post
    That's fucking hilarious.
    Is anyone else as annoyed when someone quotes a post with a video in it and the video copies into the quote bubble?

Also; yea the bucket stuff is pretty damn hilarious.

That's quite possibily the most awesome bug ever.

Quote Originally Posted by NAH Grahm Cracker View Post
    Is anyone else as annoyed when someone quotes a post with a video in it and the video copies into the quote bubble?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobi View Post
    The thing that will be funny is when the game doesn't live up to the hype.
    8 hours in, and thus far it meets or exceeds my expectations. Especially with respect to how greatly optimized the engine is, which is something they hardly spoke about. I expected to have to run the game in medium settings since I'm a fair way below recommended; but I can run it in high with no slowdowns, and the clip range is further than any game I've ever played before.

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    8 hours in, and thus far it meets or exceeds my expectations. Especially with respect to how greatly optimized the engine is, which is something they hardly spoke about. I expected to have to run the game in medium settings since I'm a fair way below recommended; but I can run it in high with no slowdowns, and the clip range is further than any game I've ever played before.
    Yeah, Oblivion wasn't nearly as smooth when it was released. Skyrim is just a beautiful game, even though it probably doesn't have the best graphics out of all the games out there, it's designed so well.

I've played it for about four hours thus far and it is definitely fun. However I keep crashing whenever I go into the Bonechill Passage and it pisses me off because I want to explore it =/.

Ensley Guest

You play this game on PC? Aren't you the guy who lulz at people who spend more than $400 on a PC? Are you using 800x600 resolution? lol

That's quite possibily the most awesome bug ever.
    Technically, it seems like a flaw in the game mechanics rather than a software bug. Not disputing its indisputable awesomeness, however.
    Last edited by Graveworm; 11-11-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Are these all the places you can visit in skyrim? I want to go to the blackmarsh, but don't think I can leave the northern lands yet. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/File:TamrielMap.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Taolas View Post
    Are these all the places you can visit in skyrim? I want to go to the blackmarsh, but don't think I can leave the northern lands yet. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/File:TamrielMap.jpg
    No, that is a map of Tamriel. Skyrim takes place in Skyrim, just as Morrowind took place in Morrowind and Oblivion was in Cyrodiil. Your comment makes me assume you haven't played any of the other ES games. You should read up on the lore, because it is all connected. Oblivion is 200 years before what is happening in Skyrim. I think Morrowind was like 50 or 60(?) before Oblivion. You know why the Empire fell because of the events in Oblivion.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

I played Oblivion, but didn't finish it. Guess it's just confusing scattered infos. Thanks for clearing it up

Quote Originally Posted by Ensley View Post
    You play this game on PC? Aren't you the guy who lulz at people who spend more than $400 on a PC? Are you using 800x600 resolution? lol
    1440x900 (native laptop resolution) with everything on high, 8x AA, 16X Ansio. Consistent frames > 30fps.

Question. Game designers said in testing most people played third person.

How many of you play in third person?

For me, I play 100% in First person unless i climb to a mountain and want to check out the eye candy.

( I blame console )

Quote Originally Posted by DJive View Post
    Question. Game designers said in testing most people played third person.

How many of you play in third person?

For me, I play 100% in First person unless i climb to a mountain and want to check out the eye candy.

( I blame console )
    LOL, people play in third person?