View Poll Results: How long do you anticipate playing Skyrim?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less Than 10 Hours

0 0%
  • More Than 10 Hours

1 3.85%
  • More Than 20 Hours

5 19.23%
  • More Than 30 Hours

0 0%
  • More Than 40 Hours

4 15.38%
  • More Than 100 Hours

5 19.23%
  • Uncountable, off and on until ES6

9 34.62%
  • Not my kind of game, skipping

2 7.69%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyrim!

Default Skyrim!

14 Days!

So what race is everyone going to play and what skills will you use the most? And will you actually try to do all the content or half, get bored and then do the main story?

I will be making a Woodelf, using the skills marksman, stealth, lockpicking, alchemy, illusion, resto and maybe daggers.

I want to see it all and that could take so long. I tend to wander off and get lost, especially when picking alchemy ingredients.

"Oh look, I can pick that flower and that one and that one, OO OVER THERE!"
    /2 hours later completely lost track of time and forgot what I was doing

In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

Default Re: Skyrim!

Totally torn, always start a Wood Elf thief first, and have since Daggerfall. With this one though, the Orcs and Argonians look so cool I might have to break with tradition.

I'll definitely being going up the dagger tree, since they finally made them worthwhile. I'll have other thief-like abilities, but I'm not sure what.

"The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Khajit thief like I did in oblivion.

I might play a nord warrior to match the setting, but the updated orcs look really tight, so I might have to play orc. I tend to play mage characters in Tes games, so I'll probably make a breton or dunmer mage at some point as well.

If you can use pole arms again then Nord Fighter type with restoration. If not then probably gonna play Bosmer archer. Sneak attacking is just too much fun. But the magic does look really good in this one....

Who am I kidding? I'm making all three arch types and probably more than one for each.
    S I G N A P H O N E

No telling how much I play this one. Alot though. Oblivion is the first and only Xbox 360 game that I acquired every single achievement in. I really enjoyed that game. I imagine it will be the same with Skyrim.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

The reptile race that breathes under water and has fighter stats IIRC.
    Weapon/shield, random killings, picking fights, pillaging and plundering the smaller towns and caves.
    Some extra skills to be self sufficient.

I'll play it that way until the game screws with me...

You can't break down this shitty door or kick in it's lock even though you're strong enough to cut a man in half and carrying several amazingly strong metal levers. You have to have lock pick skill X... I'll give in and get lockpicking probably. This person has a magic sword hidden up their ass and they'll give it to you if you go to the town of- SMACK DEAD no sword on the corpse or in the house. You fought twenty guys and killed them all, but the poor person you are supposed to rescue won't leave until you go through the story triggers.

Then I'll cheat for a good two days.
    Then I'll forget about it.

13 days...just about 2 weeks left. Also, fookin journalists got 360 review copies yesterday. One unboxing below.

"The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

I don't know anything about skyrim and I HATED elder scrolls 3 and 4 but this one looks pretty so I may steal it from gamestop.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxy Brown View Post
    I don't know anything about skyrim and I HATED elder scrolls 3 and 4 but this one looks pretty so I may steal it from gamestop.
    Wait what? This man needs a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Valec View Post
    Wait what? This man needs a ban.
    A title will suffice, it's one thing to not like ES games; but not hear about it? Yet you hang around on a gaming forum? Pffft.

Achievements for the Xbox!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/

So far, factions you can join, 7!
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

The Book of the Dragonborn
    by
    Prior Emelene Madrine
    Order of Talos
    Weynon Priory
    Year 360 of the third Era
    Twenty-First of the Reign of his Majesty Pelagius IV

Many people have heard the term "Dragonborn" - we are of course ruled by the "Dragonborn Emperors" - but the true meaning of the term is not commonly understood. For those of us in the Order of Talos, this is a subject near and dear to our hearts, and in this book I will attempt to illuminate the history and significance of those known as Dragonborn through the ages.

Most scholars agree that the term was first used in connection with the Covenant of Akatosh, when the blessed St. Allessia was given the Amulet of Kings and the Dragonfires in the Temple of the One were first lit. "Akatosh, looking with pity upon the plight of men, drew precious blood from his own heart, and blessed St. Allessia with this blood and made a Covenant that so as long as Allessia's generations were true to the dragon blood, Akatosh would endeavor to seal tight the Gates of Oblivion, and to deny the armies of daedra and undead their enemies, the Daedra loving Aylieds." Those blessed by Akatosh with "the dragon blood" became known more simply as Dragonborn.

The connection with the rulers of the empire was thus there from the beginning - only those of the dragon blood were able to wear the Amulet of Kings and light the Dragonfires. All the legitimate rules of the Empire have been Dragonborn - the Emperors and Empresses of the first Cyrodilic Empire founded by Allessia; Reman Cyrodiil and his heirs; and of course Tiber Septem and his heirs, down to our current Emperor, his Majesty Pelagius Septim IV.

Because of this connection with the Emperors, however, the other significance of the Dragonborn has been obscured and largely forgotten by all but scholars and those of us dedicated to the service of the blessed Talos, Who Was Tiber Septim. Very few realize that being Dragonborn is not a simple matter of heridity - being the blessing of Akatosh himself, it is beyond our understanding how and why it is bestowed. Those who become Emperor and light the Dragonfires are surely Dragonborn - the proof is in the wearing of the Amulet and the lighting of the Fires. But were they Dragonborn and thus able to do these things - or was the doing the sign of the blessing of Akatosh descending upon them? All that we can say is that it is both, and neither - a divine mystery.

The line of Septims have all been Dragonborn, of course, which is one reason the simplistic notion of it being hereditary has become so commonplace. But we know for certain that the early Cyrodilic rulers were not all related. There is also no

[Stupid guy closes the book in leaked footage]

After reading this excerpt and seeing the achievement list though, I'd hazard a speculation that your character in Skyrim will be responsible for the formation of a new Empire, which is pretty awesome.

After reading this excerpt and seeing the achievement list though, I'd hazard a speculation that your character in Skyrim will be responsible for the formation of a new Empire, which is pretty awesome.
    I wonder if you could make Skyrim and Cyrodil one country, thus making it the new Empire.

PC = land of pirates? Not this time, the Xbox360 version of Skyrim is out in the wild, while the PC version won't be warezed until after unlock on 11/11/11.

Who in their right mind would play an Elder Scrolls game on a console?

I don't know, but people do it. Thanks to consoles stagnating graphics the barrier to entry is really low these days. Norska scored a laptop that can run it a couple of weeks ago for < $350.

These people, these...things...must be purged from our society.

Canabalism and Lycanthropy confirmed in the base game (no DLC) through pirates of the Xbox360 version (I've seen screenshots). Woo Woo

A small part of me wonders if I should worry that you get excited when the Bethesda games let you be a cannibal.

Like when I play FO:NV and you are back seat playing, "TAKE THE PERK THAT LETS YOU EAT PEOPLE, ITS COOL".

Naw.... .. .
    Last edited by Aeinna; 11-02-2011 at 11:10 AM.

heh, someone posted this on the ES forums. It's hella accurate with respect to the story path in various RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    heh, someone posted this on the ES forums. It's hella accurate with respect to the story path in various RPGs.

I lol'd because it's true.

This link may contain spoilers for some people:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Races

No chance of changing from Bosmer now. Even though they look like aliens.