View Poll Results: How long do you anticipate playing Skyrim?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less Than 10 Hours

0 0%
  • More Than 10 Hours

1 3.85%
  • More Than 20 Hours

5 19.23%
  • More Than 30 Hours

0 0%
  • More Than 40 Hours

4 15.38%
  • More Than 100 Hours

5 19.23%
  • Uncountable, off and on until ES6

9 34.62%
  • Not my kind of game, skipping

2 7.69%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Skyrim!

Default Re: Skyrim!

That is good to know that it is not too many quests. I have read about several now that can't be done because NPCs glitch out. A friend of mine said he has had some serious issues with assembling some fragments of something He didn't go into too many details to avoid spoilers but it sounded like he had to do a bunch of console commands to complete the quest.

So, I just got through beating the main quest line. Was very anti-climatic. Meh. I hoped for more.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    So, I just got through beating the main quest line. Was very anti-climatic. Meh. I hoped for more.
    I have a soft spot for the whale bone bridge, but I was also very disappointed in that zone. Actually talked to everyone then did no clip for about 20min completely convinced that there must be more to it I wasn't seeing, but the NPC who sends you back out actually followed me the whole time. It really is a quickie zone meant to rush you out and I was disappointed. Black Reach however was the single best moment in gaming I've had since I met the T-Rex in Tomb Raider.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    I have a soft spot for the whale bone bridge, but I was also very disappointed in that zone. Actually talked to everyone then did no clip for about 20min completely convinced that there must be more to it I wasn't seeing, but the NPC who sends you back out actually followed me the whole time. It really is a quickie zone meant to rush you out and I was disappointed. Black Reach however was the single best moment in gaming I've had since I met the T-Rex in Tomb Raider.
    Maybe I was too high level or something, but Black Reach was meh for me. I mean, it was a bunch of weak assed falmers and some shit loot that barely merited my exploring it.

Thats beginning to summarize Skyrim for me. There's so much to explore, but apparently they decided that was the only reward we needed, since once place you explore is much the same as the other. Sure, the architecture is different, the monsters look different, but they all take the same amount of effort to kill(none) and the loot is all pretty generic. I suspect this is the main reason I haven't finished the game yet. It's all just very.. unrewarding.

I didn't get anything from the T-Rex either.

I'm enjoying exploring the world and being a backstabbing bastard. It's all I wanted to say.

Ever since I got the pugilist enchant, I've been wanting to try out a brawler character... gauntlet damage perk, pugilist enchant, fire cloak spell.... Fear my fists o' flame bitch! Level up sneak and pickpocket, steal enemy weapons and force em into a naked fist fight of death. Alas, my mage has won my heart.

Oh, VK, a reply to your magic damage question/concern. It was getting a bit weak around level 40 or so, nothing serious. (Destruction only that is, the other schools do not suffer from this problem) and it wasn't all that bad, I never met a fight I couldn't win with some planning and potions. However, I did go and find a mod (Improved Destruction Magice 1.3) that upped the damage and, more importantly, allowed you to place 3 runes at once. Fucking awesome. I was disappointed when I got my first rune spell and could only place one at a time Silent casting + rune range perks made it enjoyable, but 3 at once? Yes please. It ups the damage via a few perk modifications (expert/mastery gives 10/15% dmg increase, the fire/frost/shock perks now give 20% each lvl and have 3 lvls for 60% increase, expert and mastery lvl spells were buffed a bit at the base level too) It upped the damage to a respectable level, but not overpoweringly so. It feels "just right" honestly.

I used the console and got me some psiijic robes/boots/gloves with some enchantments. I'm loving the look, couldn't stand the archmage robes. Great bonus, but it looked like ass. Too bad you can't disenchant them, would love to have put that bonus on my Psiijic Robes.

Last edited by Norska; 11-30-2011 at 02:49 PM.

My mage is level 52, and since I can kill ancient dragons in around 15 seconds, I'm not sure what anyone's complaint is. VK: I'm on the default difficulty, you bumping it up to master or something?
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    My mage is level 52, and since I can kill ancient dragons in around 15 seconds, I'm not sure what anyone's complaint is. VK: I'm on the default difficulty, you bumping it up to master or something?
    I'm level 30 and it's been a long time since anything took more than two dual wield power attacks. The only time I die is when I think "nah.. I don't need a potion right now" and then I get cinematic death.

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    No... it's just that I can kill ancient dragons in three swings and your thief could one shot them, right? In a game that constantly puts you in tiny tight spaces vs enemies that kamikaze charge you'd think magic would be on par.

I'm on upped difficulty, for what it's worth, expert not master. The game is really very easy on default difficulty, and you can cheese weapons + armor to make things insanely simple.

Areyou guys fighting a lot of melee enemies or something? Most archers/casters I've fought against never kamikaze charge, they stay back unless I close the gap or they run out of mana. Even most high lvl melee draugr will hit you with a shout or two before they close distance.

I do wish they had a hardcore mode though. PoE has reminded me just how much I love playing a game with the option of perma death. Something like if you die it wipes all your saves for that character.
    Last edited by Norska; 11-30-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Screw that noise. I can't count how many times I died falling off a mountain.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

lol, true, and I suppose I could just force myself to delete a character if I die in a.... legitimate manner, heh.

I'm a big advocate of upping difficulty in skyrim, it makes mini boss/boss fights much more difficult, and regular fights require some planning and attention. My conan character killed off so many bosses on normal before they even got a chance to really use their special abilities it was retarded.

Also, being hit with a disarm shout sucks donkey balls when you're being swarmed by 5 enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    No... it's just that I can kill ancient dragons in three swings and your thief could one shot them, right? In a game that constantly puts you in tiny tight spaces vs enemies that kamikaze charge you'd think magic would be on par.
    Ah, didn't know that cause I've no interest in abusing the crafting systems. So, no, mine couldn't do that. When I go to one of the few dungeons (I'm missing about 12) I haven't explored in the process of leveling up my mage I kill all the trash inside in 1-3 spells. The bosses take a little more, but shouldn't they? When the CK comes out I plan to mod out enchanting and smithing and put in perk trees for vampirism and lycanthropy.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Are you SERIOUS!? A mod for Vamp and Lycan? That would be soooo freaking sweet.

I played a mage up to level 60 or so, and when I got all the magic perks I wanted I put a few points into one-handed skill and was kind of upset when I found out I could kill stuff 10 times faster dual wielding bound swords than with destruction spells.

Destruction seems a ton weaker than melee. I also have -100% cost to cast destruction spells from enchants and had +80% one hand damage enchants. I could have had +160% one hand damage if I wanted to plus upgraded physical weapons and that would probably triple my damage.

I don't think destruction is weak on its own, but it is a joke in comparison to melee. Destruction needs slight buffs, and smithing and enchanting need big fucking nerfs.