+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 55
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,452

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    It's not the numbers, her entire kit is awful. She has no cc(not even soft cc) and no other major utility to speak of. That's why she gets a rousing meh. The only thing she has going for her currently is her incredibly fast jungle clearing time, lets her keep the other jungle down by clearing their camps.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,320

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoobi View Post
    It's not the numbers, her entire kit is awful. She has no cc(not even soft cc) and no other major utility to speak of. That's why she gets a rousing meh. The only thing she has going for her currently is her incredibly fast jungle clearing time, lets her keep the other jungle down by clearing their camps.
    She does in fact have CC, unless you don't consider her using her ulti to separate a champion from their team so yours can roflstomp them CC. I do. I haven't been overly impressed with Shyvana though. Haven't used her but haven't seen too many people do too good with her either.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    1,074

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/masteries-season-two

    Lifesteal and Spellvamp are now in the mastery trees. I feel like this opens up a whole shitload of jungling possibilities.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,452

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    It doesn't really. 3% lifesteal/spellvamp is nothing.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    1,074

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    It's enough to keep you sustained a bit more for the first few levels on suboptimal jungle champs.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,452

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    It really isn't though, even if you could deal 100 damage a second at lvl 1 that's still only 3 hp back per second, as it stands though it's not enough to keep you sustained. It's the same reason you don't start vamp scepter on ad tops or ranged ad bots because you can't sustain.

  7. #32
    Ensley Guest

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    I would bet 1 billion deku nuts that no one who says LoL is actually a good game has ever had a PSR on HoN above 1800 - and that is not even a good PSR. It's just another case of nubs defending their nubness. Some people believe PvE raiding in WoW takes skill. None of them have ever been 2k+ in arena. Same shit, different toilet.

    If you can rationalize to yourself that LoL is a good game, yay for you. Go on about how you like the graphics/classes/UI more while telling yourself you could cut it in HoN if you really tried.
    Last edited by Ensley; 11-12-2011 at 03:28 AM.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,320

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ensley View Post
    I would bet 1 billion deku nuts that no one who says LoL is actually a good game has ever had a PSR on HoN above 1800 - and that is not even a good PSR. It's just another case of nubs defending their nubness. Some people believe PvE raiding in WoW takes skill. None of them have ever been 2k+ in arena. Same shit, different toilet.

    If you can rationalize to yourself that LoL is a good game, yay for you. Go on about how you like the graphics/classes/UI more while telling yourself you could cut it in HoN if you really tried.
    I find your elitism LOL worthy.

    See what I did there? Get it?

    HoN requires literally the exact same amount of skill to play. You've been barking up this stupid tree too long.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    1,074

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    Quote Originally Posted by Valec View Post
    I find your elitism LOL worthy.

    See what I did there? Get it?

    HoN requires literally the exact same amount of skill to play. You've been barking up this stupid tree too long.
    I LoLd while you LoLd about the joke about LoL. Ya dawg.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,452

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    My PSR was 1850 when I played HoN about a year ago. I find LOL more enjoyable. That is all.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,058

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoobi View Post
    My PSR was 1850 when I played HoN about a year ago. I find LOL more enjoyable. That is all.
    I realize you were responding directly to Ensley, but PSR doesn't mean shit. Anyone can pad their PSR by playing stacked public games (i.e. a group of friends vs. 5 randoms). MMR is a much better measure of actual skill, since you can't handpick your opponents in matchmaking. Case in point, I was at 1700 PSR and still climbing fast when they implemented matchmaking, but I start to struggle around 1650 MMR.

    EDIT: To clarify, I'm not saying your opinion is invalid. I'm just saying that Ensley is retarded. (BREAKING NEWS!)
    Last edited by Graveworm; 11-12-2011 at 02:48 PM.

  12. #37
    Ensley Guest

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    1. 99% of people won't even play if you don't auto-balance and have 5 locks on 1 side, they'll just leave during countdown. Even 3 locks will make people quit most of the time.
    2. Having "friends" does not mean they are even remotely competent. In fact, from my experience, most people who join with a friend or two are often worse than random individuals.
    3. Admitting you didn't get past 1700 before MM just proves you had no "friends" to "pub-stomp" with and weren't good on your own.
    4. MMR is 10x worse than PSR ever was and only serves a purpose in WoW arena.
    5. The only decent system that measures any amount of real skill is TSR, but I haven't played in 6 months so I'm not sure if that mod even works anymore, so not only did everything you say prove you have no friends and are terrible, but it also proves you are truly ignorant for saying MMR means anything.
    6. You should never post on this forum again.
    7. You are ugly.
    8. I just wanted to finish on an even number.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    1,074

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)


  14. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,058

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ensley View Post
    3. Admitting you didn't get past 1700 before MM just proves you had no "friends" to "pub-stomp" with and weren't good on your own.
    Did you miss the part where I said my rating was still climbing rapidly? We were winning 85% of our games, but we stopped playing. We were a group of three, small enough to get past most peoples stomp radar, and we could avoid playing anything worse than a mediocre 2-lock by hosting our own games. Oh, and I almost forgot how we would also put a PSR ceiling on our game right above our best player to make sure we only got people worse than us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ensley View Post
    5. The only decent system that measures any amount of real skill is TSR, but I haven't played in 6 months so I'm not sure if that mod even works anymore, so not only did everything you say prove you have no friends and are terrible, but it also proves you are truly ignorant for saying MMR means anything.
    This is an argument used by bads that can't win a game because they don't know how to function in a team. The only thing that matters is getting the win. MMR measures wins.
    Last edited by Graveworm; 11-13-2011 at 08:45 PM.

  15. #40

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    Quote Originally Posted by Graveworm View Post
    This is an argument used by bads that can't win a game because they don't know how to function in a team. The only thing that matters is getting the win. MMR measures wins.
    QFT

    So many LoL games behind me where people played like idiots but got good scores anyway, then acted superior because of it. Sooooo many jungles that gank one guy in one lane over and over for 80g a pop while my lane is getting it's ass kicked by a bad match up... then it's my lane's fault when we lose. Soooooooo sooooooooooooo many mids that spend the whole game in the middle lane and then blame the sides who fed the other team's mid. Then they find it absurd that you argue with them because they have tons of gold from farming so they're doing better than you in every fight, and have a fantastic score.

    I can EASILY see Ensley doing that shit all night long.
    Like a 5year old throwing chess pieces at old men in the park and claiming victory.


    If you fuck your team over, or even just ignore your team, to get score you cause losses you fail at playing the game. Wins should be the #1 factor in any ranking system. I don't care if people get 'carried' by good players giving bad players wins because if they can be carried they're not causing losses. One guy getting a win he didn't deserve by playing conservatively and being neutral, is a higher skill point than two guys going for uber pwnage and blaming the rest of their team when they have no gold and got their shit pushed in with no help. They don't belong in the same skill bracket as the person who got carried but can play conservatively and not mess anyone else up.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 11-13-2011 at 10:32 PM.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    QFT

    So many LoL games behind me where people played like idiots but got good scores anyway, then acted superior because of it. Sooooo many jungles that gank one guy in one lane over and over for 80g a pop while my lane is getting it's ass kicked by a bad match up... then it's my lane's fault when we lose. Soooooooo sooooooooooooo many mids that spend the whole game in the middle lane and then blame the sides who fed the other team's mid. Then they find it absurd that you argue with them because they have tons of gold from farming so they're doing better than you in every fight, and have a fantastic score.

    I can EASILY see Ensley doing that shit all night long.
    Like a 5year old throwing chess pieces at old men in the park and claiming victory.


    If you fuck your team over, or even just ignore your team, to get score you cause losses you fail at playing the game. Wins should be the #1 factor in any ranking system. I don't care if people get 'carried' by good players giving bad players wins because if they can be carried they're not causing losses. One guy getting a win he didn't deserve by playing conservatively and being neutral, is a higher skill point than two guys going for uber pwnage and blaming the rest of their team when they have no gold and got their shit pushed in with no help. They don't belong in the same skill bracket as the person who got carried but can play conservatively and not mess anyone else up.
    QFT. This is the reason I hate playing carries.
    S I G N A P H O N E

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I move around a lot.
    Posts
    1,370

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    I love playing carries when no one else is a carry.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    1,074

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    I love supporting my friend when he's the carry, or vice versa. Super farmed Bot lane for the win.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I move around a lot.
    Posts
    1,370

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    My sentiments exactly. I love playing support; my HoN ward stats are easily above 2 per game.

    I prefer ganking and carrying, but most of the time randoms aren't interested in playing support so I have to fill that role myself.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I move around a lot.
    Posts
    1,370

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    Just bought Garen. New favorite hero by a huge margin.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,320

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    Garen rapes. Spin to win.

  22. #47

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    Thing with Garen's kit is he doesn't really need items like other champs do. Boots and a little HP and his strategy of winning when trading shots plus regeneration is golden, it's just about counter play at that point. A lot of people think they're real pro with one item path they do over and over, and when it doesn't work they rage out like someone else is OP/Gay/Stupid, but Garen is subject to counter play like everyone else even with a self contained strategy.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,452

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    I laugh when I see garens in ranked, so easy to counter.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    1,074

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    I've played with so many bads recently, 0/10 his and 0/13 tryns. I hate when peope just start getting into ranked.

  25. #50

    Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

    Yeah I'm terrible and I have the courtesy not to fuck up other people's ranked games.

Similar Threads

  1. League of Legends thread.
    By VKhaun in forum Other Games
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 10-21-2013, 12:27 PM
  2. Replies: 128
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 12:39 PM
  3. League of Legends
    By VKhaun in forum Other Games
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 12:26 AM
  4. S4 League (gunz style, less twitch)
    By Taolas in forum General MMO Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 09:26 PM
  5. Bring back the chat!!!
    By Ensley in forum General
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 10:15 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts