+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default League of Legends (bring the hate)

Is anyone out there that is still playing consistently? Looking for some more people to premade with outside of my circle of friends. And no, HoN is not an option.

My summoner name is Agnomic (yes I have an affinity for names that are stupid difficult to pronounce).
    Last edited by Pyrrhus; 11-04-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Default Re: League of Legends (bring the hate)

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    HoN is not an option.
    No shit. You don't have the stones to play a real game.

More like I don't feel like buying it when I have all my time invested in LoL. Weak hate though.

And what's wrong with names that are difficult to pronounce? -.-

I rarely play, but consider myself 'playing' it still. I plan to get Graves next time I start it up and play him for a while. I'd been wanting a guy with a gun in that game for a long time. Maybe when a skin for him goes on sale, or they put out a new one I'll come back and play for a spree.

I play one game per day for 150 IP (against AI)

I think that's pretty consistent.

More like I don't feel like buying it when I have all my time invested in LoL. Weak hate though.
    HoN is free to play now. No biggie, though. Better game, worse playerbase. Lots more rage and mad kids makes it not as enjoyable most of the time.

See, I can't stand the way HoN looks. If I'm going to be playing a game I don't want to have my eyes bleeding.

i'm on right now

See, I can't stand the way HoN looks. If I'm going to be playing a game I don't want to have my eyes bleeding.
    God forbid you play a video game that isn't a cartoon.

No it's much easier to distinguish between things, and the difficulty in perception shouldn't be part of the "goodness" of a PvP game. Keep hatin'.

No it's much easier to distinguish between things, and the difficulty in perception shouldn't be part of the "goodness" of a PvP game. Keep hatin'.
    Must be a difference in perception. Personally, I find the models and graphics in HoN to be cleaner. I rarely lose track of where I am or what's going on. League uses a lot more blurry particles in its effects and flat textures on its models. Makes things smear together when a lot of abilities go off.

Big thing for me was the minimap, there's like no detail there. Same reason I hate all the "hero games" in SC2. As for LoL being blurry, I don't see that at all. Champions are much larger than minions, and receive a large red outline when they target you or you target them. Also, like I said I've invested all my time into learning LoL I'm not going to bother with something new in the same genre.

Big thing for me was the minimap, there's like no detail there. Same reason I hate all the "hero games" in SC2. As for LoL being blurry, I don't see that at all. Champions are much larger than minions, and receive a large red outline when they target you or you target them. Also, like I said I've invested all my time into learning LoL I'm not going to bother with something new in the same genre.
    LoL has a much cleaner UI and yes, it's much much easier to tell who is where and what is going on.

Honestly, HoN looks like someone threw it together in a week, and plays like it too.

You guys need to get over yourself. I've played most of the MOBA's out there and HoN is easily the worst. I also laugh when people say how much skill it takes. It doesn't. It's the same as every other MOBA. No new elements.

Put the HoN vs. LoL argument to rest. Nobody cares. Neither game is superior since they both suffer from the same thing at any given time. Noob teammates and overpowered heroes.

Put the HoN vs. LoL argument to rest. Nobody cares. Neither game is superior since they both suffer from the same thing at any given time. Noob teammates and overpowered heroes.
    This is the thing, that is all.

I'm on playing 3v3 all the time. Summoner name is Shmatar. Just got Olaf and have been trying to learn him. Besides that I play TF and Xerath mostly.

I havn't been playing lately since my internet is dying. Everytime I connect my desktop to the modem the DSL light goes off and I lose connection. So I'm stuck playing on my brothers sucky laptop.
    S I G N A P H O N E

Quote Originally Posted by Valec View Post
    LoL has a much cleaner UI and yes, it's much much easier to tell who is where and what is going on.

Honestly, HoN looks like someone threw it together in a week, and plays like it too.

You guys need to get over yourself. I've played most of the MOBA's out there and HoN is easily the worst. I also laugh when people say how much skill it takes. It doesn't. It's the same as every other MOBA. No new elements.

Congratulations. You're the most hostile person in the thread. If you don't want to discuss it, get the hell out.

HoN made a lot of improvements to the game's interface, and I still feel like they have a better aesthetic and an overall smoother feel, but that's my thoughts. I play both games and see merits in either. LoL definitely has a worse engine, though, given that it's a cobble of a few different programs and built on a different platform. I've spoken with Riot employees and they were a little shocked to find out the games I've built have custom-built engines. They've done a lot with it, and I have to commend them for that.

Now if only they could come up with an original hero kit, they'd be golden.

Game name is EroElohim, if you want to play on LoL.
    Last edited by Ero Elohim; 11-05-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ero Elohim View Post
    Congratulations. You're the most hostile person in the thread. If you don't want to discuss it, get the hell out.
    No. This isn't a thread about LoL Vs. HoN, so I make no excuses for my hostility on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Valec View Post
    No. This isn't a thread about LoL Vs. HoN, so I make no excuses for my hostility on the matter.
    League of Legends (bring the hate)

Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ero Elohim View Post
    League of Legends (bring the hate)

Okay.
    Sounds like I did my part.

League of legends is better because I play it. League is better because my friends play it. League is better because it's now the largest E sport. Popularity wins.
    S I G N A P H O N E

Quote Originally Posted by Saxiphone View Post
    Popularity wins.
    LoL is the WoW of MOBAs. Take that as you will.

The balance is getting really horrible on LoL. Lots of champions getting high base damages and free defenses, buying HP items and stomping the shit out of everyone else in the early game. The old champions that get screwed over with their area based ults never got addressed and the new champions always have a blink or an interrupt if not both. Plus every champ that comes out is fucking 6,300ip or ten bucksish riot points so I can't even call it a casual free game anymore. I have to shell out money ever time I go for a stint or I have to play the obligatory win-of-the-day.

Played Graves since he's free and it was a big 'meh'. He's just another of the standard formula. Dash move ranged AD champ with a burst and a CC. His only interesting quirk with buckshot they immediately hotfixed out and nerfed it to partial damage. What a waste.

Going to wait for the Mega Man style Ezzy skin because I have a love Mega Man, and just main him from now on. Stay way out of the terrible melee game and farm my ass off. Build mana early, survivability runes and masteries, TP/ignite, and flip between AP/AD builds to counter the other team.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 11-07-2011 at 08:17 PM.

Vayne is my favorite ranged carry at the moment, she just owns everything. Doesn't really matter if they build super tanky or hp, I pretty sure I blew up a singed with two procs of silver bullets(~6 attacks) with a tumble and condemn in there too, plus bloodrazor+infinity edge items.

The new LoL heroes are just silly. I saw two hero spotlights lately that just looked stupidly powerful.

The spotlights are always to make the champions look good so they can make more money/more ip spent. Shyvana gets a rousing meh and Graves is still amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobi View Post
    Shyvana gets a rousing meh...
    Look at the previouis 'transform' ults like Udyr and Nidalee. They make them stronger but take away hot buttons for big effects and on Nid you have to pick and choose skills because they lock you out of others for 5sec or so. Shyvana gets an ult AND a second form full of buffs AND doesn't lose any skills (They get better.). It doesn't matter if her numbers are 'meh' right now, the company is bad at making champions and they are steamrolling their own precedents faster than they are updating their old champions who set them.

Free defense is another good example. Defense for getting a certain offense, offense for getting a certain defense, or just passive +armor/mr. This completely removes the point of having it as a 'bonus' and turns it into a weakness that certain champs originally meant to be tough don't have it. The obvious fix is to add MR/Armor to old ones, which they have in a few cases, but that only continues the WoWification of ever climbing numbers which rise out of proportion to one another in relation to the game mechanics that haven't changed, and ruins balance in ways tweaks can't fix.

/rant.