View Poll Results: What is your plan for Swtor?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beta'd Will play Swtor

6 27.27%
  • Beta'd Won't play Swtor

5 22.73%
  • Didn't Beta will play

1 4.55%
  • Didn't Beta won't play

10 45.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Swtor projections

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    There is so much here to counter that I am overwhelmed. Instead of beating a dead horse against the stupid just like wow vs just like every mmo in the history of mmo's, argument I will just state the following: I fully expect to only play for 3 months. I love that you think that is somehow a problem. I don't purchase a game to supplant my lacking social life or to somehow fulfill me. I played Skyrim for a couple of weeks and it was amazing-- it was the exact kind of experience I expected from it. Once I am done playing through the stories of SWTOR I will give that game up as well. It's worth it to me.
    There really isn't that much to counter it. You're just a Star Wars fan.

Played it in Beta, didn't like it as it felt like a f2p korean mmo with a more in depth story.

Definitely won't be buying.

789+321 963+147 869+241 145+965 159+951 754+356 167+943 831+279
    456+654 478+632 623+487 174+936 753+357 152+958 729+381 268+842
    123+987 896+214 421+689 396+714 758+352 746+364 183+927 426+684
    741+369 632+476 985+125 312+798 956+154 128+982 796+394 127+983
    258+852 487+623 325+785 132+978 352+758 349+761 138+792 143+967

Unless there is some form of World PvP that is balls to the wall awesome, I do not see myself playing SWTOR past 90 days myself. I had that understanding before purchasing it. Gaming friends in DAoC and WoW is what kept me playing both for so long. There is only one person I game with regularly that is buying SWTOR. If it keeps me entertained for 90 days, the $90 spent will be worth it.

Is this fucking game open to those of us who pre-ordered yet or not? I don't give a rat shit about their tiered email invites lol. If I buy your shit without trying it first my "faith" should mean I get into the head start, not get a reduced to 2 early days because of some * shit.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

You should have it now mang. I just got mine.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

You should have it now mang. I just got mine.
    Yup I'm in. Been playing for awhile now.

Fucking love it.

1. It looks really nice. The graphics are good (maybe not great, but without a doubt good) but most importantly the terrain and structures are interesting. It doesn't look like WoW at all. If anything, maybe Rift or EQ2.
    2. The combat so far is pretty fun. Yeah it's standard MMO fair, but it if you don't like that then don't play a fucking MMO. Sure I would like to see some more twitch/aim in an MMO but I think that's more technology related (ping and server load and what not) than anything else. The moves are interesting, have some nifty animations.
    3. The quests are very well done. I'm actually paying attention to the quest lines, I didn't even do that shit in LotRO.
    4. If you think the voice overs are a gimmick that don't add to the game then go fuck a duck smuck. It completely recreates the story/questing experience.
    5. The choices you're given in dialogue got on my fucking nerves in Mass Effect so I have no idea why but I enjoy them in this game. Yes I realize you can't be on the light side and just up and choose to rebel on the spot and object rape a jedi chick with your saber, so sorry kids but that would be dumb. However the choices in dialogue do make me feel like I'm allowed to express myself. Maybe I'm a kiss do gooder who always jumps at the chance to die for someone else like Luke Skywalker, maybe I'm the mores synical type who likes to remind you how much you're asking of me like Han Solo. I think people are missing the point of such dialogue, every choice isn't and shouldn't be a turn towards the light or dark side. It's about opening up a few personality quirks for you to play upon.
    6. Little animations and such are really adding to the game for me. 2 things in particular, the facial expressions and movements of the NPCs during their dialogue are much better than expected, especially when compared ot that puppet show shit in the Elder Scroll series. The other thing I notice that was cool is when I over ran a mob that I attacked and I parried it's blow, I didn't just do the typical stooge animation of holding my sword/shield up in front of me and parry a rear attack lol. My jedi actually did the over the head and behind the back type parry that they do in the movies. (Which brings me to another little cooly, many of the moves/attacks my jedi are doing are familiar from the movies as well).
    Last edited by Sillywilly; 12-16-2011 at 05:35 PM.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Sounds good. But it's still fucking Star Wars.

Thanks for that review Silly. I was starting to wonder if I wasn't crazy for thinking it was a well made game. It seems like, those tiny details you mentioned, to bringing the story alive are almost not even registered to some folks. Like they just skipped past it all to go grind mobs or something? I can still be amazed by games.

Anyways, what server are you all on? I started a character on Ebon Hawk, but not sure what class I want to be/side.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

Thanks for that review Silly. I was starting to wonder if I wasn't crazy for thinking it was a well made game. It seems like, those tiny details you mentioned, to bringing the story alive are almost not even registered to some folks. Like they just skipped past it all to go grind mobs or something? I can still be amazed by games.

Anyways, what server are you all on? I started a character on Ebon Hawk, but not sure what class I want to be/side.
    I'm light side on Lord Androass? Or something like that. It's the super RP-PvsE server on the east coast. I'm assuming PvsE in this game means it has open world PvsP and what not in a frontier like zone like DAoC and not a carebear server like Gaheris.

http://taugrim.com/2011/12/14/popula...n-pvp-servers/

heh, and yeah...everyone wants to be a sith/dark jedi. Still, that's a big skew, good thing they plan to have no world pvp outside isolated ganking, eh?
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

It's well-made. The game was in production for six years, it better be. World of Warcraft is well-made, too. Neither of them are very much fun anymore, though.

Before people come in here claiming I'm trolling because it's stupid to say a game can be well-made but not enjoyable, I present the inverse: Shadowbane. Game was a festering asshole of bugs, glitches, and technical ineptitude. However, it was also extremely fun despite all of that.
    Last edited by Ero Elohim; 12-16-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    http://taugrim.com/2011/12/14/popula...n-pvp-servers/

heh, and yeah...everyone wants to be a sith/dark jedi. Still, that's a big skew, good thing they plan to have no world pvp outside isolated ganking, eh?
    There is a pvp frontier world called Illum. Though, I dont know much about it-- I do recall hearing that it has pvp objectives ala DAOC.

I rolled a RP-PVE server for that reason. I can go to warzones whenever I feel like it, and when I want to PVP I can go to Illum and fight in the pvp zone.

Silly,

I decided to reroll an Imperial Agent on Sanctum of the Exalted. Your server has a 10 minute queue and my former server has a 20 minute queue. The populations for these servers are staggering.

Hit me up there if you decide to not deal with that!

My character's name is Nihssun.
    Last edited by Zavon; 12-16-2011 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    I'm light side on Lord Androass? Or something like that. It's the super RP-PvsE server on the east coast. I'm assuming PvsE in this game means it has open world PvsP and what not in a frontier like zone like DAoC and not a carebear server like Gaheris.
    Lots of people from Landroval went to that server, Silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Andile™ View Post
    Lots of people from Landroval went to that server, Silly.
    Sounds good, the Landroval crew is probably the best MMO community I've been a part of.

So how does PvsP work Zavon? How will PvsP work on the RP-PvsE servers? Is it only instanced scenarios like Warhammer? Is there a frontier type zone on the PvsE servers at all?

Is this list/description still accurate? He mentions Warzones and Open World PvP areas for the RP-PvsE servers.

http://www.swtorhub.com/server-rulesets-detailed
    Last edited by Sillywilly; 12-17-2011 at 02:25 AM.

Yeah the warzones are: Like battlegrounds in WoW. There are three of them, you can queue for them any time you want after level 10.

Openworld pvp: Is the planet Illum. It's a constant battlezone and if you land there will be flagged for pvp. It's like a frontier in daoc.

Yeah the warzones are: Like battlegrounds in WoW. There are three of them, you can queue for them any time you want after level 10.

Openworld pvp: Is the planet Illum. It's a constant battlezone and if you land there will be flagged for pvp. It's like a frontier in daoc.
    Sexy. After a full day of christmas shopping with the family it's time to force leap some bitches.

There is also a free for all pvp zone on Tatooine.

I am finding the imperial class stories more interesting than the republic ones; you get intrigue, betrayal, and deceit in an imperial storyline, lots of fun. I am having fun with my BH, she is the dangerous looking killer with a secret heart of gold, she always takes the light side path and helps people out when she has a chance. Now I just have to learn how to manage heat build up.
    -Make America Nazi Free!

-Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

-"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    Sexy. After a full day of christmas shopping with the family it's time to force leap some bitches.
    Just be careful of the guys with the high ground.

Ok, I'm on the Lord Adraas server. Name is Zahkeed.

Just as an FYI w/ the queue times and such, it's because Bioware left the population limits at beta levels to try and force people to spread out before they open it to everyone else. They don't want to have empty servers at release, such as a few other MMO's that have released recently.

And I've ended up (after 4 server changes) on Saber of Exar Kun or some shit (a PvP server) w/ a few friends, as Empire.

Well, I trolled people in general chat with Silly today, that wanted gay relationships in the game. Feels like Christmas.

Well, I trolled people in general chat with Silly today, that wanted gay relationships in the game. Feels like Christmas.
    You did a mighty fine job if I may so say.

Screenshots?

Don't have any, but at least 4 people put me on ignore.