+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 80
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    228

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Apparently bioware is banning people for going into a high level zone as a low level character and looting chests/crafting materials. They didn't use any type of exploit to get to the high level zones.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,452

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    If that e-mail is real, I lol'd. Goes to show how much of a joke this game is.

  3. #28

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    Zavon exactly why do they allow you to roll a toon of either faction on the same server? Have you heard any logical explanation for this?
    The reason that I heard is that since most pvp is instanced then there is no reason to not allow it. It is not like in DAoC where you can rp farm each other. Players can not control who they fight against so there was no need to put a control for this. As for open world pvp, I don't believe there is much to be gained by it at the moment so it wasn't an issue. It seems that open world pvp is not based around killing others, and more on completing objectives.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,281

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoobi View Post
    If that e-mail is real, I lol'd. Goes to show how much of a joke this game is.
    Kinda seems hard to believe but I dunno. Lately MMO companies are being stupid because they're just hiring CSRs out of 2nd rate "gaming" schools and giving them loaded ban guns. There's been alot of shady activity across the world of MMO CSRing lately, I think the most famous being the whole cyber sex in a hidden place fiasco that went on in AoC. LotROs CSRs are INfamously known for being inconsistent and suspected of letting personal bias get in the way of their disciplinary action. (there's been quite a few instances of certain CSRs being accused of banning names selectively, such as forcing a name change of someone called Bill Clinton, but not making George Bush change his, etc). I myself had one instance where I had to contact a head GM to get the name Sixsixsix changed even though . There's been a dwarf running around dressed up like the "travel gnome" who's named "Travelocity" forever yet people with less obvious violations have had their names changed. Hell in Warhammer I had a CSR move me because /stuck wasn't putting me in an appropriate place and this retard was acting like a complete crack head sending me tells like "whoosh kablam here you am, find a safe spot for ya, cause I'm your brah!". (no shit, happened to me in the first month lol). It was funny as hell at the time but his entire behavior was completely inappropriate. (honestly the guy had to be drunk or high or both).

    Professionalism is in serious lacking in the industry right now. Both in the quality of games released and customer service. That is one thing I have never been able to fault WoW for. The CSRs there were always top knotch. Unfortunately the gaming industry has been flooded with the Urkel types who have aspergers and just want to spend the rest of their life posting on forums from their work cubicle while wearing flip flops and jogging pants to work. If the people that are responsible for being the face of these companies take official pictures for the website or appear at gaming events looking like some road kill a dog drug out of a ditch. You know what, if you're a chick and you're the spokesman for an MMO that sold over 1 million copies, you might want to consider just a little make up, maybe roll your hair, wear some pants that don't look like they were worn for 2 weeks straight, etc when you visit an official even like E3.

    Quote Originally Posted by cecilus View Post
    The reason that I heard is that since most pvp is instanced then there is no reason to not allow it. It is not like in DAoC where you can rp farm each other. Players can not control who they fight against so there was no need to put a control for this. As for open world pvp, I don't believe there is much to be gained by it at the moment so it wasn't an issue. It seems that open world pvp is not based around killing others, and more on completing objectives.
    Yeah I can see how instanced battlegrounds could be less of a problem. My only concern is how in Warhammer people would jump ship if Order was having a rough night. They'd go play their destro on the other server if things were tough that night for them. My concern with having characters on both factions is that if say Empire is having a rough night and these people bail out, not only will they be reducing Empires population in que but they'll be playing the other side on that same damn server making it even worse. People jumping ship in Warhammer was a very noticeable problem, little shits always trying to play toons on the side/server that was owning that night.

    WTF they are thinking not implementing some kind of competent RvsR though? If it's in the works then ok, but that's stupid to let people establish themselves on both factions on the same server if they plan to have some serious faction vs faction later on.

    PvsE alone isn't going to cut it for the long haul. The only PvsE MMO that has been released since the EQ/DAoC days is WoW and that's ONLY if you want to spend hours raiding over and over. EQ/WoW have the sheer content for PvsE and DAoC had a slow leveling process and the whole grind with a group thing going for it's PvsE. (if you were in to that.)

    The combinations of the best gear being bought from merchants and PvsP not effecting PvsE and vice versa won't cut it. The MMO genre itself will crash and burn after WoW if they don't find a way to make PvsP and PvsE people feel connected. (in the way that relics and crafting sorta did in the earlier days of DAoC).
    Last edited by Sillywilly; 12-31-2011 at 08:01 PM.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

  5. #30

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR



    The best SWTOR review.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,281

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Damn I watched some of their other videos and they rip those games a new one lol.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

  7. #32

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    My friend is making me pick up SWTOR and that review had me worried, but then I watched some more of theirs and... it's not really a review... they rip every game. I'll wait for Yahtzee to do one. He's a cynic but gaming deserves it, and he gives an actual review.

  8. #33

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    My friend is making me pick up SWTOR and that review had me worried, but then I watched some more of theirs and... it's not really a review... they rip every game. I'll wait for Yahtzee to do one. He's a cynic but gaming deserves it, and he gives an actual review.
    Huh? Yahtzee rips every game except Silent Hill and Portal. Most of his reviews don't even make sense (His latest one on Zelda starts off complaining that "every Zelda is the same game" and then complains about how much Skyward Sword breaks the "rules" of earlier Zelda games.) They're just entertainment.

    If you're the type of MMO player who has a bit of imagination, likes exploring, and actually read quest text and did any sort of light roleplaying (such as imagining how your character would respond or have even some amount of backstory) in other games, you'll probably hate SWTOR. If you focus entirely on the game and don't attempt to stray outside the lines, treating it as the "keep all hands inside the car" theme park ride it is, you'll probably like it.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,149

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Yeah it's not really a review for those who didn't pick up on the insanity. I've already watched it and several of their other reviews like 20+ times, it gets funnier every time.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

  10. #35

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Yeah it's not really a review for those who didn't pick up on the insanity. I've already watched it and several of their other reviews like 20+ times, it gets funnier every time.
    This, I laughed at several of the videos. Assassins Creed: Brotherhood "PARADOX, a bitch you can't slap!".
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  11. #36

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    This, I laughed at several of the videos. Assassins Creed: Brotherhood "PARADOX, a bitch you can't slap!".
    I particularly liked the Battlefield 3 one. "Explore the boat because we don't have anything better to do. Why is this even in the game and IT'S HISSSS FAUUUULT!"

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I move around a lot.
    Posts
    1,370

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Just got back to the states from vacation and as soon as my connection lands in dc I'm going to play 18 hours of swtor. It was literally all I could think about, even while plowing. I need to know what my black bounty hunter with the suspiciously black voice is going to do next.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,149

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Ok, the pvp in this game has officially frustrated me. It's not the game, it's the players. They are so god damned stupid, so unaware of objectives, that you almost can't win to save a dick. Anyone else have to group with these god damn morons?
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    1,113

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    I used to group with other people like you.

    Then I took an arrow in the knee.

    And I didn't buy this game.

    so nope, not having those issues!

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I move around a lot.
    Posts
    1,370

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Zavon I wish I could say I feel for you but I have 24 RL friends playing this game so I'm literally never grouped with randoms.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,281

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxy Brown View Post
    Zavon I wish I could say I feel for you but I have 24 RL friends playing this game so I'm literally never grouped with randoms.
    Be thankful.

    The Warhammer crew made it over into SWtOR. They're healing casters that are out of range of the enemy and have 75 % of their health while their tank or dps that is trying to shut down the opposing healer is at 40% and dropping.

    You've got 3 objectives kind of like Nordwatch in warhammer. the outer 2 give medium bonus the one in the middle gives the most reward. We take one outer, the enemy takes the other. A couple of our guys manages to create a stir at the enemies outer and pulls all their people in that direction. The morons on our team run right by the middle objective that is guarded by a whopping 1 bounty hunter and head to the enemies outer instead of zerging down the middle and getting maximum points.

    5 people will respawn, ride the speeder to the drop off. 2 will go where there is absolutely no need for reinforcements, 1 will stand there dumbfounded, the other 2 will go suicide on the first large group of enemies they can find.

    The problem with the people in SWtOR battlegrounds is the same as in Warhammer. You've got a bunch of Asspie screw up loners who never participated in anything competitive in their life and have no understanding of tactics and especially changing tactics on the fly. They have no idea of team work, no idea how to support others, etc. They are all individual sport atheletes. They have no idea how to get the assist.

    I did some warzones on my lvl 22 heal hybrid commando last night because I got frustrated on my jedi sent. The same random group combination of numb nutz where there when I logged back in and we ended up winning 4-5 times in a row before I had to log. Not because I did anything spectacular as an individual but because I was constantly looking for the assist. Instead of finding one enemy and dumping all my goodies at him I ran around looking to make several small difference in the chaos I saw. I threw out a heal here and there to put an ally back in the positive. I ran around AoE punting and using my freeze grenade to keep enemies from getting close enough to interrupt a player that was trying to cap an objective. I used my interrupts on their healers instead of chasing one guy around trying to interrupt his 4 second channeled DD.

    I didn't get shit for kills (except what my group mates picked up), I was ranked top 4 each time for healing but it was still worth it because we went from "son of a bitch we needed 2 more seconds" to having 2 seconds of breathing room after capping an objective to defending one. The same was true the other day when Zavon brought out his commando and we rolled through a few together. The people were still idiots but Zavon was running around interrupting and throwing out that scale tipper heal now and then and it gave the entire squad a little more breathing room. And the commando is not that powerful it's just that no one does anything but try to be a serial killer so one person with a mind to play babysitter can really make a difference. In fact I'm considering rolling a counselor for that very reason, I want to play a jedi but I don't mind a hybrid role at all especially if it allows me to tip the scales like a WP or RP did in Warhammer.

    Honestly it was just like in Warhammer. When I got tired of losing in a battleground/warzone I'd just grab my rune priest or warrior priest and we'd starting pwning face. The truth about the current state of MMO PvsP is that one attentive healer/hybrid is worth 20% worth of idiotic reinforcements.
    Last edited by Sillywilly; 01-02-2012 at 06:15 AM.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,320

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    The truth about the current state of MMO PvsP is that one attentive healer/hybrid is worth 20% worth of idiotic reinforcements.
    You say this like it's a bad thing. I'm sorry, what i'm hearing is one skilled player playing support can make more of a difference over a scenario than 5 numbnuts who run out, die, rinse and repeat. Derp?

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,281

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Valec View Post
    You say this like it's a bad thing. I'm sorry, what i'm hearing is one skilled player playing support can make more of a difference over a scenario than 5 numbnuts who run out, die, rinse and repeat. Derp?
    What I mean is the standards are so low in an MMO that an unskilled recreationer who doesn't give a shit enough to research builds/etc can come into a scenario as 1 in 15 or more on a team and be the deciding factor just by having a "helpy mac helpster" attitude alone.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

  19. #44

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    What I mean is the standards are so low in an MMO that an unskilled recreationer who doesn't give a shit enough to research builds/etc can come into a scenario as 1 in 15 or more on a team and be the deciding factor just by having a "helpy mac helpster" attitude alone.
    This is why I always end up playing CC and/or healing classes in games I am serious about PvP'ing in.

    Aeinna and I would join you guys for awhile just to get some co-op gaming in; but minimal $120 is far too expensive for how much "innovation" SWTOR brings to the table in PvP and end-game. $60 + $15/m is looking like a pretty crusty payment model when the average bandwidth + support costs per active player are under $0.25/m. If it's buy to play (no fees), or you're giving me free content xpacs like Eve and not really charging me for the game itself, I can justify it, else...meh; it better be pretty damn revolutionary in a variety of ways.

    Back in the day the $9.99-12.99 a month we were charged was actually going mostly towards US based support and (at the time) expensive bandwidth. Nowadays it's more expensive, bandwidth costs nothing, support is overseas, yet they still expect us to pay for Xpacs...

    The paid expansion + sub model is also what keeps me permanently away from WoW. Every once in awhile I get a wild hair up my butt that's willing to settle for all of the flaws of this gen of MMO in exchange for a several weeks of co-op gaming with Aeinna. However, when the costs are rediculous to re-enter, it turns into "lets just pick up Saint's Row the Third..." or "lets get VIP DDO subs for a month..." or "lets restart Eve for a month...", maybe even "lets try <insert F2P MMO here> for a month".

    As it stands today it'd cost me $150 (WOTLKx1+2xCataclysm+15x2) to play WoW for 5-6 weeks with Aeinna, or $150 (60x2 + 15x2) for 5-6 weeks of SWTOR. Neither are attractive value propositions.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    228

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoobi View Post
    If that e-mail is real, I lol'd. Goes to show how much of a joke this game is.
    Oh, it's real alright here take another look
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=120099

    Also there forums are a gold mine for this shit.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I move around a lot.
    Posts
    1,370

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    I'm afraid to ask my high level friends to run me through heroics now.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,058

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxy Brown View Post
    I'm afraid to ask my high level friends to run me through heroics now.
    Well, you can either 1) live in fear of Bioware and ruin your gaming experience, probably causing you to leave the game sooner rather than later or 2) play as you think is normal and if they ban you for a retarded reason, move on to another game. I'm definitely going to take the later approach.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,149

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    This is why I always end up playing CC and/or healing classes in games I am serious about PvP'ing in.

    Aeinna and I would join you guys for awhile just to get some co-op gaming in; but minimal $120 is far too expensive for how much "innovation" SWTOR brings to the table in PvP and end-game. $60 + $15/m is looking like a pretty crusty payment model when the average bandwidth + support costs per active player are under $0.25/m. If it's buy to play (no fees), or you're giving me free content xpacs like Eve and not really charging me for the game itself, I can justify it, else...meh; it better be pretty damn revolutionary in a variety of ways.

    Back in the day the $9.99-12.99 a month we were charged was actually going mostly towards US based support and (at the time) expensive bandwidth. Nowadays it's more expensive, bandwidth costs nothing, support is overseas, yet they still expect us to pay for Xpacs...

    The paid expansion + sub model is also what keeps me permanently away from WoW. Every once in awhile I get a wild hair up my butt that's willing to settle for all of the flaws of this gen of MMO in exchange for a several weeks of co-op gaming with Aeinna. However, when the costs are rediculous to re-enter, it turns into "lets just pick up Saint's Row the Third..." or "lets get VIP DDO subs for a month..." or "lets restart Eve for a month...", maybe even "lets try <insert F2P MMO here> for a month".

    As it stands today it'd cost me $150 (WOTLKx1+2xCataclysm+15x2) to play WoW for 5-6 weeks with Aeinna, or $150 (60x2 + 15x2) for 5-6 weeks of SWTOR. Neither are attractive value propositions.
    I totally have to agree with this sentiment. When I play my heal spec'd operative, my teams become amazing. I can't believe more people haven't caught on to the power of the Operative/Scoundrel. It's a fucking HEALER, with HOTS, that can: stealth, hide behind cover, has a shit ton of CC, and can vanish when losing the fight. Never mind the good DPS in melee range.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    228

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    oh god lol even i'm having trouble believing this one. people getting banned for buying low selling high on the auction house? LOLOL

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,452

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Cmon now, these have got to be fake. Its really hard to believe that they're banning people for shit like that. If not, I've lost all hope that this game will ever truly be successful in the long run.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts