+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 80
  1. #51

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoobi View Post
    Cmon now, these have got to be fake. Its really hard to believe that they're banning people for shit like that. If not, I've lost all hope that this game will ever truly be successful in the long run.
    Apparently, if you try to become an AH mogul by mass buying/reselling, you do indeed get banned. The only fake ban hoax I know of is someone getting banned for using the /dance command.

  2. #52

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Seems they are actually putting some effort into PvP. I guess we'll get firsthand accounts of how it works out?

    Fellow PvPers, thank you for taking on the challenge of player vs player combat in The Old Republic!

    In the first week after launch there were over a million Warzone matches played, with nearly half of all players participating in Warzones. Bad news for Republic players, though - the Empire currently leads overall, having won 53% of all Alderaan Civil War and Voidstar matches (across all servers). Huttball has been played the most, accounting for 39% of all matches – and yes, we’ll be adding a new same faction vs. same faction enabled Warzone in the future.

    We are all really excited at the tremendous volume of participation we’ve seen in PvP thus far. Your interest and demand dictates what we’ll be delivering in the near future. I wanted to give you some insight into where we are with PvP development and where we are going.

    First and foremost here is what we are addressing as a top priority:
    Level 50 Bracket Warzones: Level 50 players will have a bracket of their own, playing in separate Warzone matches to lower level players. This is something we have wanted to do for some time and now that there is an increasing number of level 50 players we will be implementing the feature in January.

    Open World PvP on Ilum: The planet of Ilum currently allows for open world PvP even on a PvE server, but the mechanics and incentives of the planet are not in as intended yet. We’re working on longer term goals for the planet and for other PvP areas, but expect to see some interim adjustments in January - such as more respawn points to focus conflicts, restricting Companion Characters from the area, and revisions to rewards. Ilum will also become a major source of Valor. Valor buffs will increase and decrease based on the objectives your faction owns. These buffs increase the amount of Valor you receive per player kill. However they do not give anything in and of themselves, so players will still need to defeat other players for significant Valor rewards. Additionally, daily and weekly missions will require player kills to complete. Player kills for quests and Valor credit will have diminishing returns per player killed. So, the more players that are fighting other players, the better it is for everyone.

    Combat Gameplay: You’ll see several optimizations come online in January, and we are going to continue to tune this as time goes on.

    We also have other exciting features coming in the near future including Ranked Warzone Matches, PvP Stat Tracking, Open World PvP Loot Drops, more Warzone medals for different objectives, Guard Optimizations and Target Optimizations.

    Additionally we’re looking at ways to enable team vs. team, more level brackets and the ability to choose which Warzone you want to play in.

    This is not a complete list of everything we’re working on that’s PvP related, but we have to keep some surprises for later! Thanks again for all your feedback and please keep it coming. We read as much as we can then cross reference with metrics to take action on features and tuning the game to ensure an enjoyable and competitive PvP community.

    Gabe Amatangelo Principal Lead PvP, Operations & Flashpoints Designer
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I move around a lot.
    Posts
    1,370

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoobi View Post
    Cmon now, these have got to be fake. Its really hard to believe that they're banning people for shit like that. If not, I've lost all hope that this game will ever truly be successful in the long run.
    Umm... I think banning AH humpers is awesome. I hate people who do that, all it does is drive prices up faster. The trade lawyer in me is screaming bloody but the gamer in me is overjoyed.

  4. #54

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxy Brown View Post
    Umm... I think banning AH humpers is awesome. I hate people who do that, all it does is drive prices up faster. The trade lawyer in me is screaming bloody but the gamer in me is overjoyed.
    If you're going to ban people who play the AH, you may as well just give everything a set price and completely destroy the practice. For example, a Level 10 Lightsaber would always go up for a hypothetical 300c no matter what - more than the vendor price, but you don't let players set their own prices. This just smacks of "Well, we hate AH Moguls, but WoW set up their AH this way so we did too. We never thought about the design implications."

  5. #55

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Ero Elohim View Post
    If you're going to ban people who play the AH, you may as well just give everything a set price and completely destroy the practice. For example, a Level 10 Lightsaber would always go up for a hypothetical 300c no matter what - more than the vendor price, but you don't let players set their own prices. This just smacks of "Well, we hate AH Moguls, but WoW set up their AH this way so we did too. We never thought about the design implications."
    My thoughts also.

    I'll admit it started as bias from reading M's and Ero's posts about it being a true clone of WoW, but everything I've read agrees with that assertion and when I was reading about the bans I was thinking along the same lines. They wanted to run a WoW experiment so they made WoW over again and couldn't even be bothered to come up with an original IP or an original thought to draw in players so they licensed Star Wars.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,281

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxy Brown View Post
    Umm... I think banning AH humpers is awesome. I hate people who do that, all it does is drive prices up faster. The trade lawyer in me is screaming bloody but the gamer in me is overjoyed.
    Don't make me fall in man love with you bitch.

    I agree, FUCK resellers in MMOs and FUCK resellers on ebay.

    All reselling does in an MMO is drive the prices up to where only a well established lvl 50 who's buying for an alt can afford to buy stuff. A new player is not going to be able to afford 5000 credits for 1 blue ass lvl 15 ear piece. But due to gold selling and just plain getting rich at endgame which is typical for an MMO the more established players will actually pay that price if that's all they can find on the AH. (as they do in LotRO, etc).

    While this may jack up the price for the crafters this means new players can't get established in the game and new players are essential to keeping the servers up on an MMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ero Elohim View Post
    If you're going to ban people who play the AH, you may as well just give everything a set price and completely destroy the practice. For example, a Level 10 Lightsaber would always go up for a hypothetical 300c no matter what - more than the vendor price, but you don't let players set their own prices. This just smacks of "Well, we hate AH Moguls, but WoW set up their AH this way so we did too. We never thought about the design implications."
    Man you are one obsessed, butt-hurt mu'fucker.

    I'm taking bets on the source of his anal agony:

    1. He's a broke little bitch and pissed off because he couldn't afford to jump into a new MMO with his WoWtard friends.
    2. His aspergers means he's blindly loyal to WoW and is pissed because people are jumping ship.
    3. He's a shitty coder/etc that got turned down for a job by BW.

    Your asshole is way too inflamed for you to just not like the game because it's a supposed WoW clone.
    Last edited by Sillywilly; 01-05-2012 at 04:07 AM.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

  7. #57

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly
    While this may jack up the price for the crafters this means new players can't get established in the game and new players are essential to keeping the servers up on an MMO.
    DAoC had some great money sinks, like upgrading and repairing keeps; and it still had mad inflation. I think unless a game gets Eve levels of serious about their economy it's just what happens. Most MMO's a few months after launch have an economy about on par with Wiemar Germany. A large part of the design problem is that in most all theme park MMO's a level cap mob drops literally 2-300X the currency as a level 1 mob. That combined with no real money sinks and it's unavoidable.

    One thing Eve did that every MMO studio should consider is introduce Plex. A real cash buyable item that's tradable on the market for in game currency; that is equilavent to one month of paid game time. It cut the nuts right off illicit RMT and tells gold farmers to find greener pastures. F2P MMO's that allow all their cash shop items to be auctioned have seen the same benefit.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  8. #58

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    Man you are one obsessed, butt-hurt mu'fucker.

    I'm taking bets on the source of his anal agony:

    1. He's a broke little bitch and pissed off because he couldn't afford to jump into a new MMO with his WoWtard friends.
    2. His aspergers means he's blindly loyal to WoW and is pissed because people are jumping ship.
    3. He's a shitty coder/etc that got turned down for a job by BW.

    Your asshole is way too inflamed for you to just not like the game because it's a supposed WoW clone.
    That question was answered already. Stop being a pissy little fanboy.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I move around a lot.
    Posts
    1,370

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Ero Elohim View Post
    If you're going to ban people who play the AH, you may as well just give everything a set price and completely destroy the practice. For example, a Level 10 Lightsaber would always go up for a hypothetical 300c no matter what - more than the vendor price, but you don't let players set their own prices. This just smacks of "Well, we hate AH Moguls, but WoW set up their AH this way so we did too. We never thought about the design implications."
    Except there's no bidding in SWtoR. There are only 'buyouts' with listed prices, so the "AH" is really DAoC housing without having to own a house.

    I'd be completely fine with people playing the AH if there was a cap for how much a specific item could cost. Sure you can be a mogul, but your quest for e-money is not going to screw over your realm mates. Everybody wins in that situation. The guy who undercut the cap price makes his money faster, the mogul makes his money, and the final buyer gets his gear at a reasonable price. They could even implement such a cap in a way that makes sense in the universe and wouldn't anger players.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    1,074

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    I love these SWTOR threads, they make me LoL.

  11. #61

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxy Brown View Post
    Except there's no bidding in SWtoR. There are only 'buyouts' with listed prices, so the "AH" is really DAoC housing without having to own a house.

    I'd be completely fine with people playing the AH if there was a cap for how much a specific item could cost. Sure you can be a mogul, but your quest for e-money is not going to screw over your realm mates. Everybody wins in that situation. The guy who undercut the cap price makes his money faster, the mogul makes his money, and the final buyer gets his gear at a reasonable price. They could even implement such a cap in a way that makes sense in the universe and wouldn't anger players.
    The thing Auction Houses were put in to address were very high prices on rare gear due to the need to sell them through spamming trade channels, "WTS KICKASS SWORD +2 3PP". In this respect they were very successful. Unfortunately WoW introduced the idea of BoP/BoE gear, and even with auction houses in place created artificial scarcity, thus jacking prices up again. I don't know why BoE/BoP is attractive to designers. I suppose if it wasn't, eventually raid and pvp gear would be some of the cheaper stuff because the scarcity would go down the longer people were at cap...but so?

    Use history perks or achievements as pre-requisites to equip epics instead of making everything BoP/BoE. Sure, it'd take 10 minutes extra work on every set of gear, but it'd make for a much more healthy game economy. Especially if gear actually degraded at a reasonable rate (maybe 2x as fast as it did in DAoC).

    If you took away the ability to set prices in an Auction House but still let people trade stuff, you'd just end up with endless trade spam and half the shit being vendored by people too lazy to deal with all of it who didn't want to feed trade brokers. People who wanted to play the market would buy items with incorrectly low caps and trade spam to sell those highly demanded goods. The end resulting would be more scarcity, higher prices, and 500x more trade chat spam.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  12. #62

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    The thing Auction Houses were put in to address were very high prices on rare gear due to the need to sell them through spamming trade channels, "WTS KICKASS SWORD +2 3PP". In this respect they were very successful. Unfortunately WoW introduced the idea of BoP/BoE gear, and even with auction houses in place created artificial scarcity, thus jacking prices up again. I don't know why BoE/BoP is attractive to designers. I suppose if it wasn't, eventually raid and pvp gear would be some of the cheaper stuff because the scarcity would go down the longer people were at cap...but so?
    Mostly because it creates an exit in the economy. DAOC had the idea of item quality, so that no items could last forever. WoW replaced that with infinite use items, but they had to be locked to a character and could only be sold afterward, making them "one-time use" in effect. EVE Online still has the best system I've ever seen: no standard use ships or equipment are rare, just possibly costly, and everything can be destroyed. But that's what you get when you employ real economists in your company instead of just copying what World of Warcraft evolved from Everquest.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Down Under Her Majesty's Skirt
    Posts
    1,248

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    I don't know why BoE/BoP is attractive to designers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ero Elohim View Post
    Mostly because it creates an exit in the economy. DAOC had the idea of item quality, so that no items could last forever. WoW replaced that with infinite use items, but they had to be locked to a character and could only be sold afterward, making them "one-time use" in effect. EVE Online still has the best system I've ever seen: no standard use ships or equipment are rare, just possibly costly, and everything can be destroyed. But that's what you get when you employ real economists in your company instead of just copying what World of Warcraft evolved from Everquest.
    WRONG~

    It's so you take your tank into a 9h raid and some damage caster rolls on the uber heavy shield that just dropped. Fucking asspie*!


    * Did I do it right?

  14. #64

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Andile™ View Post
    What he said.

  15. #65

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Andile™ View Post
    WRONG~

    It's so you take your tank into a 9h raid and some damage caster rolls on the uber heavy shield that just dropped. Fucking asspie*!


    * Did I do it right?

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,281

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Did one of those assholes just say "my speed hacks are old and aren't working"?
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I move around a lot.
    Posts
    1,370

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    I used to hack DAoC to pieces. I actually never got caught for speedhacking, despite doing it blatantly on my Inf all the way up to RR9. I also had a teleport hack, and one of my friends came up with a way to inject custom textures and objects into the game, so we could make an air bridge from one keep to another, or drop a series of egg shaped objects on top of one another, jumping and scaling keep walls that way. It was sort of like the tent bug, but the objects were invisible to everyone but us. All they saw were floating characters and a couple of those loot bags stacked on top of each other.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,320

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxy Brown View Post
    I used to hack DAoC to pieces. I actually never got caught for speedhacking, despite doing it blatantly on my Inf all the way up to RR9. I also had a teleport hack, and one of my friends came up with a way to inject custom textures and objects into the game, so we could make an air bridge from one keep to another, or drop a series of egg shaped objects on top of one another, jumping and scaling keep walls that way. It was sort of like the tent bug, but the objects were invisible to everyone but us. All they saw were floating characters and a couple of those loot bags stacked on top of each other.
    Nice to know you're one of those cuntbags.

  19. #69

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    In another thread he said he was against freedom, too.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I move around a lot.
    Posts
    1,370

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Valec View Post
    Nice to know you're one of those cuntbags.
    Aside from Osh I was THE cuntbag. After Mordred died, and more so after classic shut down, I really just stopped giving a fuck. I found a way to geometry glitch you way through closed keep doors and reach the lord from within the inner keep walls without attracting any guard aggro on the way up. The funny thing is, they clearly knew at least I was doing this because they released a hotfix that put invisible walls perpendicularly inside the keep walls so you couldn't walk inside of them anymore, but neither me nor anyone else I ever heard of got banned for doing it.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,281

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxy Brown View Post
    Aside from Osh I was THE cuntbag. After Mordred died, and more so after classic shut down, I really just stopped giving a fuck. I found a way to geometry glitch you way through closed keep doors and reach the lord from within the inner keep walls without attracting any guard aggro on the way up. The funny thing is, they clearly knew at least I was doing this because they released a hotfix that put invisible walls perpendicularly inside the keep walls so you couldn't walk inside of them anymore, but neither me nor anyone else I ever heard of got banned for doing it.
    There's probably at least 5 well known hacks for Warhammer that I'd bet are still going on right now. Hell Mythic didn't even try to fix window dragging from DAoC to Warhammer.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Down Under Her Majesty's Skirt
    Posts
    1,248

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR


  23. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I move around a lot.
    Posts
    1,370

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR


  24. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,281

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    UUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH............. ........

    FuCkInG MyThIC.

    It's like Warhammer all over again. I played several days of head start and the 1st few days of launch with zero problems in Warhammer. No lag, no stuttering, no ability delay, no out of range issues, no graphics glitches, yada yada. First patch after launch made it worse, 2nd patch made it worse, etc until I couldn't stand playing the game. I had to take a two month break or so at one point because of frustration.

    Star Wars launch was flawless. The only bug I had was the occasional instance of my UI locking up and not being clickable which could easily be fixed by a Ctrl + U.

    Now abilities don't grey out on cool down half the time. My UI still freezes up. The game stutters at weird random times. My camera snaps into weird angles out of no where. For some odd reason the game is registering one click as a double click sometimes which can be bitch because a click can do one thing sometimes when a ctrl or alt or shift + click has a completely different function. So the game registers a ctrl+click and THEN a nother normal right click afterwards to annoying effect. :-/ Suddenly people are out of range even though you're toe to toe, they're going into some kind of weird invisible speeder bike animation and zooming around the hut ball arena lol.

    Common man don't make the mother fucking game worse with a patch. How the fuck do you break more than you fix?

    It's fun to blame Mythic because it seems exactly like the same old shit from Warhammer but I wonder how much Mythic is actually involved in the patching/coding process right now?
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I move around a lot.
    Posts
    1,370

    Default Re: Fucking Mythich helping Bioware in SWtOR

    that's wut u get for clicking like a baddy.

    Is what Age would say if he were here.

    But yeah, I'm now juggling SWtoR PvP and DAoC. I decided to roll up a mauler and now me Age and Bogle are all live DAoCing together again for the first time since Mordred. We just capped out Thid and are going to spend some serious time in Molvik if anyone has mids there and an active sub.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts