+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EA Wins Worst Company of the Year

Default EA Wins Worst Company of the Year

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/congr...-for-2012.html

Excerpt: "After more than 250,000 votes, Consumerist readers ultimately decided that the type of greed exhibited by EA, which is supposed to be making the world a more fun place, is worse than Bank of America's avarice, which some would argue is the entire point of operating a bank.

To those who might sneer at something as "non-essential" as a video game company winning the Worst Company In America vote: It's that exact kind of attitude that allows people to ignore the complaints as companies like EA to nickel and dime consumers to death."

I laughed.
    "Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch TV, save for old age, obey the law. Repeat after me: I am free."

Default Re: EA Wins Worst Company of the Year

Hahahahhahahahahahahaahahah....................... ...

I just checked EAs wiki page and see they have settled for over 30 million dollars in suits against their company for not paying workers overtime/etc.

Fucking corporate crooks.
    Last edited by Sillywilly; 04-06-2012 at 03:48 AM.

Huge price drop in all EA games wonder whats going on.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_kk_2?...qid=1334526837

Quote Originally Posted by Ozoron View Post
    Huge price drop in all EA games wonder whats going on.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_kk_2?...qid=1334526837
    Interesting.

I don't now about that but I'm betting TOR isn't doing nearly as well as they had hoped. A friend of mine (from high school so not all that close) has been trying to get me to join his empire guild since release. He recently rerolled republic though as he said his server fell apart due to lack of population. (and his guild was 45 people strong last I saw). I catch myself logging on and wanting to play but for some reason I just can't get into leveling a new toon or doing the warzone grind on my lvl 50.

Also BioWare just gave out a huge round of free months to people. First for getting to level 50, then to legacy 7 and then they lowered it yet again I think.

I dunno if you'd do that if your game is doing good or if your game is doing bad but it was a surprise either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post

I dunno if you'd do that if your game is doing good or if your game is doing bad but it was a surprise either way.
    The latter, while I enjoyed the time I spent playing it, like wow back in its hayday, it just isn't that good of a game at its core. The leveling process is fun, just wish most mmo'rs(i.e. the wow generation) weren't so focused on endgame so they could have focused on making more planets and stretched out the leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobi View Post
    The latter, while I enjoyed the time I spent playing it, like wow back in its hayday, it just isn't that good of a game at its core. The leveling process is fun, just wish most mmo'rs(i.e. the wow generation) weren't so focused on endgame so they could have focused on making more planets and stretched out the leveling.
    100% agree with that. I was totally captivated by the leveling process in this game. I got to level 50 at the beginning of Voss though and was like WTF. It took so little time/effort to get there. Why these people are designing games this way I have no idea because their endgame is entirely undeveloped and/or boring as shit.

So apparently EA's origin client can gain administrative rights on your computer and access webpages with out you knowing.
    http://i.imgur.com/nUqs2.jpg

Can't agree more. EA is definitely the worst company.

+ Reply to Thread