+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 34 of 34

Thread: TSW - Preorder

  1. #26

    Default Re: TSW - Preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Mars View Post
    Do we actually know anything about WoD beyond the fact that it is about vampires?
    Yah, check the news, we posted some presentations and such.
    "Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch TV, save for old age, obey the law. Repeat after me: I am free."

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    412

    Default Re: TSW - Preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    I disagree. Ridiculous customization, a setting that isn't usually done, more than two factions, large scale PvP, and a class system that's not on rails sounds like exactly what's needed to break away from the line.
    Kinda Dominus, kinda not.
    789
    456
    123

    789+321 963+147 869+241 145+965 159+951 754+356 167+943 831+279
    456+654 478+632 623+487 174+936 753+357 152+958 729+381 268+842
    123+987 896+214 421+689 396+714 758+352 746+364 183+927 426+684
    741+369 632+476 985+125 312+798 956+154 128+982 796+394 127+983
    258+852 487+623 325+785 132+978 352+758 349+761 138+792 143+967

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,452

    Default Re: TSW - Preorder

    I have a question. WTF when visiting the EA website is there a big advertisement for TSW at the top of the page? It defaulted to the Norwegian EA website but seriously, does EA own Funcom now?

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,308

    Default Re: TSW - Preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    I have a question. WTF when visiting the EA website is there a big advertisement for TSW at the top of the page? It defaulted to the Norwegian EA website but seriously, does EA own Funcom now?
    You know EA doesn't only publish games for studios they own, right? I'd guess it's probably an attempt to push Origin further onto people.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,452

    Default Re: TSW - Preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Valec View Post
    You know EA doesn't only publish games for studios they own, right? I'd guess it's probably an attempt to push Origin further onto people.
    Ahhhh TSW is going to be on Origins. *Whew*. Bullet dodged. As long as EA doesn't have anything to do with the development process lol.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,308

    Default Re: TSW - Preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    Ahhhh TSW is going to be on Origins. *Whew*. Bullet dodged. As long as EA doesn't have anything to do with the development process lol.
    I think so. I figured they were originally only going to put games created by EA-owned studios on Origin but it appears they really think they can contend with Steam.

    You just have to wonder how long they'll keep it up, or if they'll do it indefinitely just because they've created the platform already.

  7. #32

    Default Re: TSW - Preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Valec View Post
    I think so. I figured they were originally only going to put games created by EA-owned studios on Origin but it appears they really think they can contend with Steam.

    You just have to wonder how long they'll keep it up, or if they'll do it indefinitely just because they've created the platform already.
    That's the whole reason it'll never catch on. EA has a long history of yanking the support for things. Nobody wants to buy into a platform that could disappear on a corporate whim, it defeats the whole purpose of having your games in a digital locker instead of in hard-copy. So, on top of being functionally inferior to Steam, having less momentum, and being more intrusive; you don't even know it'll be around in 3 years.

    At the end of the day, I trust Gabe Newell won't fuck me over way more than EA's ever shifting board of directors composed largely of investment bankers.

    GoG caught on because the lack of DRM is a hedge against the future availability of the service. No corporate offering can compete with steam's private offering unless they go the same route.
    "Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch TV, save for old age, obey the law. Repeat after me: I am free."

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,452

    Default Re: TSW - Preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Valec View Post
    I think so. I figured they were originally only going to put games created by EA-owned studios on Origin but it appears they really think they can contend with Steam.

    You just have to wonder how long they'll keep it up, or if they'll do it indefinitely just because they've created the platform already.
    They'll can it eventually. EA is probably the most text book defintion of American corporate greed mixed in with stupidity right now. They're a bunch of rich kids running around looking at how other people make money, then throw some cash on a whim at a hack ass version of whatever money maker they observed only to have it fall flat on it's face. Then when they have a good idea like Warhammer or SWtOR they'll rush them out the door before they are ready in an attemp to try and recoup the losses they had on their last whim and will end up crashing what could have been a great financial endeavor.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    in your heart
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: TSW - Preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Have you watched this? Look at how many times they go down, or die.



    You can tell from watching the gameplay that they really have tried something novel. No healers or tanks, in and of itself is something special. I don't think this game will be the second coming of Christ (or is it the third?) but hopefully it will be sucessful enough to get the wheel moving...
    After watching this video, i have to say that this game is pretty awesome.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts