+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Firefall

Default Firefall

I know several of you played it for beta. What are your thoughts?

I just got through watching the Yogscast, and I have to say it looks like a heck of a lot of fun.

"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

Default Re: Firefall

Very excited for this, on the condition that it's got a strong PvE focus. I don't think it could compete against Planetside 2 for my attention if it's mainly PvP.
    It's going to be a fine day tomorrow. We will have salad...

It looks very interesting. Did they say it's f2p?

Yep. Its supposed to be free, but with micro transactions.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

It has potential, however currently there is zero real content for the game. Your choices are literally to do some matchmaking PVP(which the matchmaker is not so good at the moment to say the least) or go place a thumper somewhere to mine for resources while hoards of enemies come at you. Oh and craft. That's it.

Of course, once they start adding some real content, Firefall is probably going to be a pretty sexy game. It's no Huxley, though.

Thanks for the 411 V. I guess it'll be one to keep an eye on.

Yeah, I have a feeling it's going to pull a Global Agenda. Global Agenda was fun, but there was very little to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobi View Post
    Yeah, I have a feeling it's going to pull a Global Agenda. Global Agenda was fun, but there was very little to do.
    I don't. My understanding is the devs are going to be putting some major focus on the PvE in the future. I was just commenting on the current state of the game. The game originally only had PVP during the early beta, and over the past 6-8 months they have created the actual world and populated it. There just isn't much of anything in the way of quests so currently any progression will require grinding thumpers/pvp matches.

The game has some decent potential and it sounds like the developers are really putting a lot of effort into making a solid game, so i'd say give it some time and check it out when it goes live(they are skipping the open beta phase, but apparently they hand out invites like hotcakes) if you don't get into the closed at some point.

edit: have we always had these "SkimWord" links appearing when we reference products or is this new?

^
    This.

Also the models look like Phantasy Star went to Borderlands and got high on crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Valec View Post
    I don't. My understanding is the devs are going to be putting some major focus on the PvE in the future.
    Hi-Rez said that too, look where GA is now .

Hi-Rez said that too, look where GA is now .
    I'm sure you're right except you're comparing a game that had no potential from the get-go to.. well, a game that has potential.

clark101 Guest

I just couldn’t leave your website before saying that I really like this article. there’s a good chance to receive a perfect concept in your mind. the quality information you offer to your visitors . Even it took some time to me read all the opinions but I truly enjoyed and also got impressed by these posts.It turned out to be very useful to me and I am sure to all the posters who post their comments here..Youre so awesome, man! I cant believe I missed this blog for so long. Its just great stuff all round. Your design, man…too amazing! I cant wait to read what youve got next. I love everything that youre saying and want more, more, MORE! Keep this up, man! Its just too good.

Quote Originally Posted by clark101 View Post
    I just couldn’t leave your website before saying that I really like this article. there’s a good chance to receive a perfect concept in your mind. the quality information you offer to your visitors . Even it took some time to me read all the opinions but I truly enjoyed and also got impressed by these posts.It turned out to be very useful to me and I am sure to all the posters who post their comments here..Youre so awesome, man! I cant believe I missed this blog for so long. Its just great stuff all round. Your design, man…too amazing! I cant wait to read what youve got next. I love everything that youre saying and want more, more, MORE! Keep this up, man! Its just too good.
    Buh.

Hibba, hub buh buh.
    "Why is my face wet?"
    "No one knows, perhaps you urinated."
    "In my face?"

+ Reply to Thread