+ Reply to Thread

Default WoW: Cataclysm Paladin Changes

Blizzard released the details on the upcoming changes for Paladins:
    New Paladin Spells

Blinding Shield (level 81): Causes damage and blinds all nearby targets. This effect might end up only damaging those facing the paladinís shield, in a manner similar to Eadric the Pure's ability Radiance in Trial of the Champion. The Holy tree will have a talent to increase the damage and critical strike chance, while the Protection tree will have a talent to make this spell instant cast. 2-second base cast time. Requires a shield.

Healing Hands (level 83): Healing Hands is a new healing spell. The paladin radiates heals from him or herself, almost like a Healing Stream Totem. It has a short range, but a long enough duration that the paladin can cast other heals while Healing Hands remains active. 15-second cooldown. 6-second duration.

Guardian of Ancient Kings (level 85): Summons a temporary guardian that looks like a winged creature of light armed with a sword. The visual is similar to that of the Resurrection spell used by the paladin in Warcraft III. The guardian has a different effect depending on the talent spec of the paladin. For Holy paladins, the guardian heals the most wounded ally in the area. For Protection paladins, the guardian absorbs some incoming damage. For Retribution paladins, it damages an enemy, similar to the death knight Gargoyle or the Nibelung staff. 3-minute cooldown. 30-second duration (this might vary depending on which guardian appears).
    Read the rest of the changes on the WoW Cataclysm Forums.

Default Re: WoW: Cataclysm Paladin Changes

Paladins are so boring.

Amen to that. I leveled one to 80, and despite being able to do all three roles, it bored the living shit out of me.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Taoist View Post
    World of Warcraft is so boring.
    Fixed

Also leveled up a paladin, its such a powerful and easy class to play. It took so much skill and reflexes let alone knowledge of other classes to play my rogue well. My paladin was so easy and strong it was sick, I main healed Naxx my first day as level 80 and holy spec with crap gear we cleared it. Don't get me started on what I did in pvp with my ret spec it was almost exactly the same rotations against all classes and I fucking rapped. Still enjoyed my rogue alot even if it was harder to play well.

WoW: Cataclysm Paladin Changes :
    • We've decided that we are going to delete this class because it is completely Over powered in every aspect of the game. We honestly don't have the time or desire to worry about balance so we figured we will cave in to what people have wanted since day one and poof, gone.

Quote Originally Posted by DJive View Post
    WoW: Cataclysm Paladin Changes :
    • We've decided that we are going to delete this class because it is completely Over powered in every aspect of the game. We honestly don't have the time or desire to worry about balance so we figured we will cave in to what people have wanted since day one and poof, gone.
    If only... if only...

On a more positive note, my paladin is almost 80!
    Last edited by Pyrrhus; 04-19-2010 at 07:46 PM. Reason: One != On