+ Reply to Thread

Default Hacking GW2 accounts

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-19543035

The Chinese want your password.
    -Make America Nazi Free!

-Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

-"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

Default Re: Hacking GW2 accounts

I wish I knew more about the technical side of this. Can't they ban a range of IP's (Chinese) or something? Just flat out prevent them from using the U.S. account site or connecting to the U.S. servers?

I remember Diablo 3's international setting would go down and we would have no gold spam the entire time. I just couldn't help but wonder why they didn't just leave the shit down.

I wish I knew more about the technical side of this. Can't they ban a range of IP's (Chinese) or something? Just flat out prevent them from using the U.S. account site or connecting to the U.S. servers?

Quote Originally Posted by addie View Post
    I believe they can. I remember when D3 shut down international connections and segregated everyone because the patch schedule was different and so various regions were playing on different versions of the game for a few days... suddenly no gold spam, hack reports on the forums fell off the next day, and people I knew actually said the game was running faster for that week with less lag and better ping times.

lawls

Quote Originally Posted by addie View Post
    I believe they can. I remember when D3 shut down international connections and segregated everyone because the patch schedule was different and so various regions were playing on different versions of the game for a few days... suddenly no gold spam, hack reports on the forums fell off the next day, and people I knew actually said the game was running faster for that week with less lag and better ping times.