+ Reply to Thread

Default Earning Your Sword: A Tour of Blizzard HQ

Ars Technica went on a tour of the Blizzard HQ. Some interesting things form the tour: Art is everywhere, they have an onsite library full of book and games, and after 5 years of service you get a sword, after 10 you get a shield.
    Ars Technica has been invited to Blizzard's campus before, but the early birth of my son scuttled our last trip. But for the second invitation, nothing could keep us away. You've already read the coverage of StarCraft 2 from the meeting, but we were also given a tour of the Blizzard campus in Irivine, California. If you're ever put in the position to see where some of the best-loved PC games in the world are made, you take it.
    Read the full story and see all the pics at ArsTechnica.com

Default Re: Earning Your Sword: A Tour of Blizzard HQ

Do they get mounts at 20?

Good question. I don't think Blizzard has been around 20 years yet though.

Since 1991! We get to find out pretty damn soon if they do.

Blizzard's actions in relation to Star Craft II (3 full priced games) and Diablo III (WoW Elements) point towards definite influence by the jackass Activision-Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick (1, 2). It'll be interesting to see whether he runs Blizzard into the ground, or if they are creative enough to pull off successes off when innovation is frowned upon and everything must have the capability to produce infinite regularly timed sequels and/or expansions.

Whoa, I hadn't heard about that-- They are charging three full priced games for fucking SCII?

If so, count me out of that one. I've never been more than a slight casual fan of SC anyways.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire