+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    some weird video of a fat kid squealing about zombies with a ping pong paddle in his hand?
    Some say that's funny, others say that's annoying.

This thread has quickly turned into a nice guy competition. Somebody should get a poll going: Are you a nice guy? |Yes|No|
    s.u.p.p.y.

Since when was youtube some sophisticated medium for entertainment anyway? At least 3/4 of the content on youtube is absolutely ridiculous, and if it wasn't what would people do during their boring office jobs? Criticizing someone for a lack of talent is warranted when that person is actually compensated, and encouraged to be in front of a camera, that reaches televisions all over the country. Anyone can and will post videos of anything they so desire, regardless of it's value, that's the point of YOUtube. Luckily I don't think youtube will run out of tubes anytime soon, and people are encouraged to continue to make videos.

Lacan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    I'll admit this is usually all I see when I read your posts. Your arguments are generally too weak to be worthy of consideration or rebuttal, and it comes through very clearly that you have extraordinarily high regard for the sound of your own voice. Silly is one of my favorites to read because it goes like this, but arguing with him is useless because he's a brick wall of stubborn.

Silly's average argument.

SENSIBLE OBSERVATION

SENSIBLE OBSERVATION

SENSIBLE OBSERVATION

BATSHIT CRAZY CONCLUSION

Here is your average argument Lacan (Watch from 1 minute on)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...videoid=617645
    Well if we're calling it how we see it,

But yeah that's fine Marou. I know you don't care, so you don't have to tell me why it is that any shred of e-respect I had, now diminished, mattered nothing to you in the first place, because I'm well aware that it doesn't, now, having said that, I modestly implore you to remove the cock from mangoel's mouth, and shove it up your own ass.

"This thread has quickly turned into a nice guy competition. "
    Nah, its not about a "nice guy" competition, its about people being complete and utter fucking dickheads to fellow community members completely unprovoked. Not saying I wasn't guilty of that when I first started posting on catacombs when i was 13 years old, approximately... 8 years ago... give or take, but it seems the asshole level has reached immaculate new levels in the past 4 years and is now composed of indifference aswell, and all of this may be well and good, but it concerns me how behavior like this is conducive to a growing community as opposed to what daoc.catacombs.com turned into over the course of the last year, which was all the mods, and a handful of their favorites... sitting around picking on everyone they disagreed with, never really appreciating that they had someone there to disagree with in the first place. And then they banned some of them, the smarter ones left, then we get a fresh start and a new opportunity... JUST to become another piece of shit board.

blah blah, woo woo, qq.
    Marou, jovially, fuck you.

This is Lacan, from the community of former greatness known as The Catacombs, and I fear this may be my last transmission. We'll know by the end of the day.

edit. And just incase I get banned for disrespect towards a mod. I just wanna say I don't want to be a part of a community where someone can take their gloves off and be a complete and utter dick to more than one person in the same thread, and then hide behind a shield of blue, and a banstick when someone is just as much a dickhead right back. Its just stupid, and its that kind of bullshit that caused catacombs fall from greatness in the first place. In my shallow, misguided, unjustifiable, and completely worthless opinion. Time for work, good day everyone.
    Last edited by Lacan; 04-29-2010 at 08:24 AM.

^
    Lacan calm down mang. The sky isn't falling, no one hates you, and negative criticism about the video was *not* directed at you in any way shape or form. I get it. You hate to see someone who is struggling over their art get ridiculed, it strikes close to home for you. Really man, it's not that serious.

Also, I know for a fact aren't getting banned, because Marou doesn't even read your posts.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Nobody is being overly critical. What does that even mean? It's a public gaming forum, what kind of reception do you expect to get, when you post some weird video of a fat kid squealing about zombies with a ping pong paddle in his hand?
    All I have to say to the bolded words is, fuck you Zavon. I'm tired of people saying this to me, jokingly or not. I am way stronger than anyone here thinks I look. Let's make a new thread on strength, you know, in real life, not spec'ing points in DAOC.

This one is "meh", as quoted by Warrsong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlimeister View Post
    All I have to say to the bolded words is, fuck you Zavon. I'm tired of people saying this to me, jokingly or not. I am way stronger than anyone here thinks I look. Let's make a new thread on strength, you know, in real life, not spec'ing points in DAOC.
    Alright, fair enough. You aren't really that fat.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    I'll admit this is usually all I see when I read your posts. Your arguments are generally too weak to be worthy of consideration or rebuttal, and it comes through very clearly that you have extraordinarily high regard for the sound of your own voice. Silly is one of my favorites to read because it goes like this, but arguing with him is useless because he's a brick wall of stubborn.

Silly's average argument.

SENSIBLE OBSERVATION

SENSIBLE OBSERVATION

SENSIBLE OBSERVATION

BATSHIT CRAZY CONCLUSION

Here is your average argument Lacan (Watch from 1 minute on)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...videoid=617645
    Is that what the hippies call it now when the facts shit all over their puny ideologies?

Lacan its ok bro. There's two kinds of "mediocre" in the world. The mediocre with the ballz to post their "mediocreness", and the mediocre with no ballz who are jealous that there are actually mediocres out there with the ballz to post it.
    Last edited by Sillywilly; 04-29-2010 at 11:26 AM.

Weather or not its mediocre, and irrelevant of whether he posted that for lulz, for constructive criticism, or your assumptions that he did it for internet prominence, wouldn't it also be justifiable in of itself that him and his buddy just did it for fun? And posting it on youtube is the easiest way to share it between him his friends and whoever he wants to share it with?

Oh, but theres no sense in him and his friend having fun with a camera if the product isn't a masterpiece of cinema, culture, and dialogue, now is it? I mean, simply viewing something posted by a fellow member of your online community by virtue of them posting it, isn't enough, we have to insult them for the attempt, tell them to quit trying, and to not do what they enjoy doing because we didn't "enjoy" it. And for a while there people started getting confused why our OTF read more and more like your average day on 4chan...
    My response stemmed directly from the fact that he retaliated about well if mine is so bad, where are yours?(basically a QQ).

As such, I responded about why Youtube is stupid, and how I consider it to be a complete waste of time. I don't surf youtube for anything except music(videos) and potential TV clips. I would never watch the stupid borderline retarded posts that people put up(There are exceptions, but they usually are recommended to me by friends so I know it's my cup of tea). As such, he posted the videos to the forum, asking for comment/criticism(not directly but by sheer fact of posting them). If he didn't have the thick skin to "take the heat" from those of us that do find them stupid, then that's his own problem. There are going to be people out there that dislike any type of "art"(I use this term VERRRY loosely).

To me the fact that he posted to youtube and to the site stems directly for his desire to be "popular" in his videos. If he didn't he would've certainly been happy to show it to friends and family that could say "Oh, that's nice jimmy. You're so creative." Because certainly they are quite imaginative in their use of paddles and etc as make shift props, but do I want to reward him for it? No. I don't want to reward anyone posting stupid videos on youtube, and to think that just because he is a member of the community we all need to provide positive criticism is a fallacy.

So for me I look at possible motivations for his posting of the video, especially to youtube, the content, and then the need to post it here. I haven't commented on other of the members "youtube" expeditions because I never found anything worthwhile to say. You may argue that what I said wasn't worthwhile but go back to the first sentence of this post.

In conclusion to steal from Marou:
    You either have it, or you don't; learning it is only a small piece of whether or not you can actually do it. Not everyone has a talent; some people are just mediocre at everything. So be proud of what you have, but if you don't have it and you know it sucks, there is no reason to share it unless you love criticism.
    I am a firm believer in the theory of teaching and focusing to natural aptitudes, and there are tons of implications that brings in my overriding philosophy on life.

Edit: Silly your love for creating Dichotomies is noted but not always useful.
    Last edited by Pyrrhus; 04-29-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Speaking of youtube, by far my favorite person who puts up videos on there is Mystery Guitar Man.

His videos are really unique and awesomesauce(IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Lacan View Post
    "This thread has quickly turned into a nice guy competition. "
    Nah, its not about a "nice guy" competition, its about people being complete and utter fucking dickheads to fellow community members completely unprovoked. Not saying I wasn't guilty of that when I first started posting on catacombs when i was 13 years old, approximately... 8 years ago... give or take, but it seems the asshole level has reached immaculate new levels in the past 4 years and is now composed of indifference aswell, and all of this may be well and good, but it concerns me how behavior like this is conducive to a growing community as opposed to what daoc.catacombs.com turned into over the course of the last year, which was all the mods, and a handful of their favorites... sitting around picking on everyone they disagreed with, never really appreciating that they had someone there to disagree with in the first place. And then they banned some of them, the smarter ones left, then we get a fresh start and a new opportunity... JUST to become another piece of shit board.

blah blah, woo woo, qq.
    Marou, jovially, fuck you.

This is Lacan, from the community of former greatness known as The Catacombs, and I fear this may be my last transmission. We'll know by the end of the day.

edit. And just incase I get banned for disrespect towards a mod. I just wanna say I don't want to be a part of a community where someone can take their gloves off and be a complete and utter dick to more than one person in the same thread, and then hide behind a shield of blue, and a banstick when someone is just as much a dickhead right back. Its just stupid, and its that kind of bullshit that caused catacombs fall from greatness in the first place. In my shallow, misguided, unjustifiable, and completely worthless opinion. Time for work, good day everyone.

Such hatred, such venom! I laughed. Don't get your panties in such a bunch Snowflake... You're special no matter what any of us meanies say.

This story seems somehow appropriate to the situation at hand, so I thought I'd relate it.

I have a friend, who is a rapper. He's not really that good at it, but he takes it very seriously. He is a hipster. All of his circle of friends are hipsters. They all have an "art". Some are rappers, others are poets, a few artists, a couple are filmmakers, more than a few writers-- and they all are shit at what they do. But, for some odd reason they've all become each others "fans". They attend each others art galleries, readings, movies, and concerts. They all praise one another for a job well done, even though its clear that none of them are really good. They've totally diluted and alienated themselves to good stuff in fear of it becoming how apparently awful they all really are. Seriously. The rapper friend, won't even listen to other music than old stuff or "their" music. It amazes me how self-diluted people can get.

Could any one of them be the next great thing in their respective art if they simply ignored criticism? Not bloody likely. There was only one Einstein.

Just sayin'.

Edit: Gigli, mad props for continuing to post your videos anyways.
    Last edited by Zavon; 04-29-2010 at 01:59 PM.

Here is a recap of the thread for those that don't want to read the whole thing:

Gigli: Here are my skits.

Myself, Zavon, Mangeol: They aren't funny.

Snowflake: You are all horrible chronologically culturally challenged homosexuals, jovially fuck you all, you make the internet a horrible place. BAN ME FUCKER THIS BOARD SUCKS ANYWAYS BUT I POST HERE.

This is why I'll never post the vids of my MMA fights, and never the fight I lost.

That said you're first video made me want to punch you in the face for some reason, second one was better. Keep at it I guess, for motivation have a look at how bad some of the best comics first stand up was, of course the best comics worked to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Taoist View Post
    This is why I'll never post the vids of my MMA fights, and never the fight I lost.

That said you're first video made me want to punch you in the face for some reason, second one was better. Keep at it I guess, for motivation have a look at how bad some of the best comics first stand up was, of course the best comics worked to improve.

ROFL.

Come on Tao, I'm a huge MMA fan, please post them. I promise not to judge you.

Actually I would not care I'm 4-1 and really don't have the inclination or time to do it anymore, my stand-up is solid because of a boxing background. The one I lost was submission, the guy set it up well. If I wanted to get better it would take alot more time and effort on my part, just not willing to do what it takes.

Really the problem is I don't want to be on the web with a video fighting it could be linked into my job. I don't even tell people at work about it, image and all. Why I don't do facebook twitter or any of that crap.

Actually I would not care I'm 4-1 and really don't have the inclination or time to do it anymore, my stand-up is solid because of a boxing background. The one I lost was submission, the guy set it up well. If I wanted to get better it would take alot more time and effort on my part, just not willing to do what it takes.

Really the problem is I don't want to be on the web with a video fighting it could be linked into my job. I don't even tell people at work about it, image and all. Why I don't do facebook twitter or any of that crap.
    lol did you learn this boxing by taking lessons between working full time and going to school full time and sleeping 4-5 hours a night? Or did you learn this on the streets when you were a gang banger?

Translation:

"I'm a horribly disfigured fat virgin living in my moms basement".

The best part is that the uploader is a "Foghatfan4life"

Esfires, I laughed hardcore. That picture is brilliant for this thread.

My take on all this? Fuck what others say, do what you want. But if you do it in front of other people, expect to get shit on for it. It doesn't matter. Just be man enough to take it. The same goes for your looks. You post a picture of yourself, or a video of yourself, online and people will insult you. Get over it.

And in regards to Edison, I've always loved this quote. Edison was asked by a New York Times reporter "How does it feel to have failed 700 times?" in regards to his attempt to make a working filament for the light bulb. He replied "I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

If you've got dedication to something, you will succeed at it. Dedication is by far the most important quality a human can possess imo. But Zavon also brings up a good point, it cannot be blind dedication. So if you want to make successful youtube videos that people will enjoy, work your ass off at it and figure out what will make others laugh or remember you for. But hey, just grow some thicker skin or you will never achieve 2 girls 1 cup fame.

My dad was a pro-boxer for one fight got his ass kicked because the step up in skill from semi-pro to pro is massive and decided he was a lover not a fighter. He showed me how to box growing up so I would not get my ass kicked by the niggers as you love to call them. He was also a WWII vet (had me when he was already in his 60s) my pops was far from a saint but he was a man from an era a socialist entitlement pussy like you can't and never will understand. So I was raised by on old New Yorker WWII vet in one of the many bad areas in and around Detroit. I did not live with my mom again until later. Not everyone on the internet grew up with a silver spoon you whiny entitlement middle class baby. That little window into my upbringing should tell you something about me, but it wont and you will ignore it. You don't see me shedding tears over my childhood and where I grew up, I was taught to be a man early in life I did not understand when I was young but now I'm thankful for my pops and wish he was still around so I could tell him. I could have easily ended up like you silly, now calm down I see you are worked up, its bad form to troll across threads the other one is still active keep your typical old as the internet insults there champ.

On topic I think most people would rather get in a fist fight then talk publicly, stepping into a ring I think is easier then posting vids like this. It took balls even if if needs work.

Love the vid

p.s. The majority of the people doing your local MMA have normal full time lives and jobs they are not super humans. Just people that enjoy the sport and the competition anyone can do it with a little training and time to get in shape, there is very likely a few gyms close to everyone here. Check it out the people are cool and of all ages.
    Last edited by Taoist; 04-29-2010 at 05:17 PM.

My dad was a pro-boxer for one fight got his ass kicked because the step up in skill from semi-pro to pro is massive and decided he was a lover not a fighter. He showed me how to box growing up so I would not get my ass kicked by the niggers as you love to call them. He was also a WWII vet (had me when he was already in his 60s) my pops was far from a saint but he was a man from an era a socialist entitlement pussy like you can't and never will understand. So I was raised by on old New Yorker WWII vet in one of the many bad areas in and around Detroit. I did not live with my mom again until later. Not everyone on the internet grew up with a silver spoon you whiny entitlement middle class baby. That little window into my upbringing should tell you something about me, but it wont and you will ignore it. You don't see me shedding tears over my childhood and where I grew up, I was taught to be a man early in life I did not understand when I was young but now I'm thankful for my pops and wish he was still around so I could tell him. I could have easily ended up like you silly, now calm down I see you are worked up, its bad form to troll across threads the other one is still active keep your typical old as the internet insults there champ.

On topic I think most people would rather get in a fist fight then talk publicly, stepping into a ring I think is easier then posting vids like this. It took balls even if if needs work.

Love the vid

p.s. The majority of the people doing your local MMA have normal full time lives and jobs they are not super humans. Just people that enjoy the sport and the competition anyone can do it with a little training and time to get in shape, there is very likely a few gyms close to everyone here. Check it out the people are cool and of all ages.
    Man your fucking bullshit just keeps getting better and better. I remember your dad we read about him in history class, he was the one that got stranded out in hostile territory and was thought KIA and walked back to camp after making a necklace of 20 enemy ears that he killed. Your dad was in his 60s when he had you? Yeah right. I bet he trained with you teaching you how to box to then huh. He'd have only been what, in his 70s when you were 10?

Actually that sounds about right though, the other aspergers engineer I was talking about grew up in a home with parents that were old as hell and to tired to do any real parenting.

I paid for my own college dumbass lol. Every penny. I've worked since I was 14 at various breaks in school and have had some kind of job at all times since then. There was nothing middle class about where I grew up. Nice try though lol.

I'm not sure where you get that people getting paid for their work is socialist lol.

Keep sharing your fantasies with us though Mr. spoiled white engineer with aspergers.
    Last edited by Sillywilly; 04-29-2010 at 06:05 PM.

This is a new low for you Sillywilly, yes he was in his 70's still on his feet and working for living he passed when I was 13. If you think someone need to be in the prime of their life to teach their son how to box and take them to gyms you are even a bigger idiot never done a sport in your life moron then I expected. Also I watched him beat two guys trying to steal his car near to death when I was 9, of course you will likely think that just a story that someone in their late 60's is always a frail grandpa. So I felt like adding so you can be even more of a D-bag and say it can't be true. Anyway I don't know what he did in the war he never talked about it, he was an Airborn Ranger and have a few bullet wounds scars thats all I know.

Sign of the times when a statement of work hard avoid people that complain and whine and things will work out is met with such resistance.

Now you have me responding to your bullshit in this thread, sorry about the hijack Gim.
    Last edited by Taoist; 04-29-2010 at 07:26 PM.

Now you have me responding to your bullshit in this thread, sorry about the hijack Gim.
    No problem.

yes he was in his 70's still on his feet and working for living he passed when I was 13. If you think someone need to be in the prime of their life to teach their son how to box and take them to gyms you are even a bigger idiot never done a sport in your life moron then I expected.
    I believe you. No actually, I do. I have an angry wwII vet 85 year old Grandpa that is in great shape. He can do as many pullups as I can - and I almost set a school record! (28/31)
    s.u.p.p.y.