+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 60
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pappy's Garage
    Posts
    237

    Default Random Skits - Will be more to come

    This one is short and the worse out of the two. Looking back at it, it's not very good at all.




    This one is alot better.




    Decent. Bloopers at end.




    Background music made this serious. Low Res but 60fps (of course not on Youtube).




    As the title says, there will be more.
    Last edited by Gimlimeister; 05-01-2010 at 09:28 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,049

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come



    lol I think I get the first one.

    What was the significance of the zombie being "him" in the 2nd one?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    I didn't laugh at either. Youtube lets anyone make movies. Maybe anyone shouldn't make movies.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    PA USA
    Posts
    303

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlimeister View Post
    As the title says, there will be more. One is being edited right now, and will be up tomarrow (4/28/10).
    You mean tomorrow? Aren't you taking SAT's this saturday?
    s.u.p.p.y.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Down Under Her Majesty's Skirt
    Posts
    1,248

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    I didn't laugh at either. Youtube lets anyone make movies. Maybe anyone shouldn't make movies.
    I blame the intrawebz.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pappy's Garage
    Posts
    237

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    I didn't laugh at either. Youtube lets anyone make movies. Maybe anyone shouldn't make movies.
    Where are your videos then?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    Were they meant to be amusing, or a case study of internet mediocrity?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,073

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    I made it exactly 14 seconds in before getting annoyed. Moving on...
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    813

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlimeister View Post
    Where are your videos then?
    Unmade because posting useless videos for people to comment and give their vote of "popularity" to has no value in the real world unless you are one of the people that hit the lottery of pop culture or are actually doing something with production value that you miiiiiiiight use in a portfolio or something, and even then youtube is a bad idea because your ideas are going to get STOLEN faster than a teen idol's virginity.

    Not that the question was directed at me, that's just my opinion of how "cool" youtube self-posting is.
    Last edited by Pyrrhus; 04-28-2010 at 12:34 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    499

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    I've posted my attempt at becoming a youtube celebrity a while back. It involved lighter fluid, a muffin, and my bare ass. It's not worth it dude.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,073

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    Ok, I felt kind of mean about what I said, so I decided to try to watch them again. I don't know what you were going for, but I can tell you this much: you made *me* feel embarrassed for you. So, that's something right?
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    PA USA
    Posts
    303

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    There's a difference twixt trying to become a youtube celebrity and just having fun making skits.
    s.u.p.p.y.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pappy's Garage
    Posts
    237

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    I agree with Warrsong. It isn't like we are trying to make some grand video. We are just messing around. It is better than sitting around, drinking and smoking, like everyone else my age. Embarrassment doesn't apply to me because I don't care what others think about me. Most of their judgement is flawed because they don't know who I am.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    499

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    Ok, so next time drink a lot, smoke a lot, and then make a video. It will be more entertaining for everyone, yourself included.

  15. #15
    Lacan Guest

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    Were they meant to be amusing, or a case study of internet mediocrity?
    Was your response meant to be amusing, or a case study in internet faggotry?
    Yeah I know, being harsh and "blunt" on the internet gets you cool points, but earnestly... couldn't you have worded that in such a way that when I read it aloud in my head I wouldn't hear the cock hitting your tonsils around the pause after "amusing?" Nevermind, I must of read it wrong, hold on one second...
    Nope, you definitely have a dick in your mouth, I'm gonna go ahead and ask you dislodge it from your throat before you continue you're creative contributions to our community. Thank you for your cooperation.

    @the asscunt I quoted, @zavon, @pyrrus and @Marou,
    Weather or not its mediocre, and irrelevant of whether he posted that for lulz, for constructive criticism, or your assumptions that he did it for internet prominence, wouldn't it also be justifiable in of itself that him and his buddy just did it for fun? And posting it on youtube is the easiest way to share it between him his friends and whoever he wants to share it with?

    Oh, but theres no sense in him and his friend having fun with a camera if the product isn't a masterpiece of cinema, culture, and dialogue, now is it? I mean, simply viewing something posted by a fellow member of your online community by virtue of them posting it, isn't enough, we have to insult them for the attempt, tell them to quit trying, and to not do what they enjoy doing because we didn't "enjoy" it. And for a while there people started getting confused why our OTF read more and more like your average day on 4chan...

    @the op, keep posting your skits, and keep making them, until you find something else you enjoy doing more, and keep doing it because FUCKEVERYONEELSE.
    @warsong, yeah you're absolutely right, but our more enlightened thinkers here can't take a step off of condescending peake long enough to humor anything of the nature the OP posted, whether or not hes a community member or not, noone here can simply say "Well the humor was lost on me, and it seemed a bit insincere and cliche, but keep trying and keep posting your new stuff!"

    Instead we have to insult him, and then lean on our mental crutch of "tough love" and "im just being honest." Never realizing the honesty stretches in both directions, and that it doesn't make us anyless of a dick for it. Why don't we just go ahead and change this to an anonymous picture board and complete our descent from tight-knit community of different people who don't necessarily have to be complete assholes to eachother, to every other piece of shit board on the internet.

    But hey, thats just my opinion.

    edit.
    I chuckled at the end of the first video, so obviously I'm of a mediocre mind. The only thing that was off was the sincerity of your glances around, and the "who are you?" Just didnt sound too sincere, and the sincerity of the person whos face is on screen is really important to incite moar lulz, at least in my opinion. Also I think the 12:02 reference would be more lulsome if you placed it later in the video like after the first few lines have passed and you're getting apprehensive and then you pull out your iphone(PRODUCT PLACEMENT) and you say the same line "That's odd, Noone calls around... noon 0'two...*cue shifty eyes* Because it really only made me smirk at the end of the video when I realized the pun on Scream.
    I actually was with Zavon on the second video, i got a few seconds in and got annoyed at the high pitched voice, and then my room-mate turned on an episode of house, and now Im too distracted to play it, but i'll watch it later and let you know what I think in a sentence longer and more informative then "lol you're mediocre" or "lol maybe you shouldnt make movies" or "lol your never gonna be famous!"
    Last edited by Lacan; 04-28-2010 at 07:43 PM.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    I guess this is the psychological result of the enforced mediocrity Gen Y got indoctrinated in during school. Where there are no losers in any competition, and everyone can do anything they want.

    Gimli will never write sketch comedy. I will never be a dancer, and most people will fail at doing most art, engineering, or sports related tasks regardless of how hard they try. You either have it, or you don't; learning it is only a small piece of whether or not you can actually do it. Not everyone has a talent; some people are just mediocre at everything. So be proud of what you have, but if you don't have it and you know it sucks, there is no reason to share it unless you love criticism.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,073

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    Well, I don't feel bad about my criticism (or lack thereof). He posted a silly little video for the lulz, and I didn't think it was funny. So, I just posted a silly little comment in response. To be fair, the first one wasn't all that bad-- even though I didn't get it.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  18. #18
    Lacan Guest

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    Marou, you need to get chronologically cultured. We exist in a time that some may choose to refer to as "Post-Modern."
    Where all the things you mentioned, really don't matter in the context you would think they do. Instead, they are replaced by "fun" in consequence of "nothing." I know, its ridiculous.
    But not as ridiculous as pretending to have the authority to suggest in some metaphysical aspect what someone should and should not do, because they may or may not be good at it, completely irrelevant of the "fun" level existing there.(No reductio ad hiterlum please, a sincere request!)
    You know Einstein was fucking terrible at Math, right? Good thing he didn't listen to every asshole in his life who told him to quit thinking about the "intellectual" things, and just be good at accepting or rejecting patents, because thats what he was particularly "good" at.

    Oh I know,
    "HE WOULD NEVER BE EQUATABLE TO EINSTEIN, COMPARING THE OPS ATTEMPTS AT SKETCH COMEDY TO EINSTEIN IS RIDICULOUS AND THAT JUST REPRESENTS HOW IGNORANT YOU ARE FOR MAKING SUCH A STUPID FUCKING ANALOGY, OBVIOUSLY ITS YOUR LIBERAL EDUCATION AND PRETENTIOUS NATURE THATS ABUNDANT IN YOUR GENERATION."
    I like to impersonate you while holding shift, that must also be typical of our generation, and I also make you more vulgar, its like a literary strawman .

    And I'm just sayin' that all the reasons you think are important for him to consider about his current endeavors are just fucking typical of your generation, when one simple consideration is the fun level he's achieving by doing it. But that's not important right, because he'll never be famous for it? Or considered adept in his endeavor?
    What if one person viewing it enjoys it? Is it worth it then? Nah, fuck your attempts and qualifying or quantifying what constitutes whether someone should persue one thing over another, because they may or may not be good at it. Just fuck that up its stupid ass. Your argument, I mean. And I think John Stuart Mill would agree with me.

    btw. Being an asshole may or may not equal criticism, that's a separate discussion i suppose. And again, my anger should only be directed at your post which I interpreted as an argument as to why he shouldn't be posting his skit's and/or doing them. I have nothing but appreciation and respect for you, Marou, and what you've done in the past, present, and near future for the catacombs, for our community, and I hope that doesn't get lost in my vulgar after-work gin and tonic induced ramblings. I reiterate the obvious that the following is only my opinion, and again reiterate no aversions towards you, or that I was swearing at you.
    <_< ... >_> ... <_< God-damn, I'm just gonna goto bed. I'll rejoin the discussion sober tomorrow morning. Good night,

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    1,113

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    Quote Originally Posted by Lacan View Post
    Short Wall of Text
    To summarize: t(-_-t)

  20. #20

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    Quote Originally Posted by Lacan View Post
    Blah Blah Blah, woo woo, QQ
    I'll admit this is usually all I see when I read your posts. Your arguments are generally too weak to be worthy of consideration or rebuttal, and it comes through very clearly that you have extraordinarily high regard for the sound of your own voice. Silly is one of my favorites to read because it goes like this, but arguing with him is useless because he's a brick wall of stubborn.

    Silly's average argument.

    SENSIBLE OBSERVATION

    SENSIBLE OBSERVATION

    SENSIBLE OBSERVATION

    BATSHIT CRAZY CONCLUSION

    Here is your average argument Lacan (Watch from 1 minute on)

    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...videoid=617645

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,452

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    I'll admit this is usually all I see when I read your posts. Your arguments are generally too weak to be worthy of consideration or rebuttal, and it comes through very clearly that you have extraordinarily high regard for the sound of your own voice. Silly is one of my favorites to read because it goes like this, but arguing with him is useless because he's a brick wall of stubborn.

    Silly's average argument.

    SENSIBLE OBSERVATION

    SENSIBLE OBSERVATION

    SENSIBLE OBSERVATION

    BATSHIT CRAZY CONCLUSION

    Here is your average argument Lacan (Watch from 1 minute on)

    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...videoid=617645
    Do me next, do me next!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,073

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    Sillywilly is one of my favorites. I don't care if he's insulting me or going on about black gay foreigners making up evolution to take our jobs, he is always without fail, entertaining.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    121

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    These guys are being overly critical, Gim. Don't pay them any attention. You made some videos with friends for laughs, and I'm sure you guys had fun. If these guys want to hate, then fuck them. You don't have to be a gifted actor or gifted comedic writers to make YouTube skits that can make you and your friends laugh.

    The first video actually made me chuckle more than once. I assume you are the blond kid? If so you have a naturally funny way about you.



    I just made this video. It's not a skit (everyone has already seen my unparalleled ability to make funny 30 second videos). I know a few of you are familiar with Ol Dirty Bastard.... I did a little tribute medley of his most recognizable works. I fucked up the timing on several parts somehow, but I don't feel like doing another take.




    Bring on the hate and/or praise.
    Last edited by Sir Pabst; 04-29-2010 at 12:57 AM.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,073

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    Nobody is being overly critical. What does that even mean? It's a public gaming forum, what kind of reception do you expect to get, when you post some weird video of a fat kid squealing about zombies with a ping pong paddle in his hand?

    I like your wu-tang video, that was fun to watch.
    Last edited by Zavon; 04-29-2010 at 01:15 AM.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    121

    Default Re: Random Skits - Will be more to come

    Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    It's a public gaming forum, what kind of reception do you expect to get, when you post some weird video of a fat kid squealing about zombies with a ping pong paddle in his hand?
    Good point.

    I was just saying that they were clearly just having fun and some people are being dicks and taking it too seriously..... talking about "Some people can write sketch comedy and some just can't." Whatever. There is no harm doing sketches with your friends.



    Thanks for the positive feedback btw.

Similar Threads

  1. Office Skits
    By NAH Grahm Cracker in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-17-2010, 09:04 PM
  2. Random Music Thread
    By Graveworm in forum General
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 05:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts