+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defiance Hacking: Trion is alleged to be stupid and it might be true.

Default Defiance Hacking: Trion is alleged to be stupid and it might be true.

It seems that the programmers for Defiance, apparently having no experience with online or multiplayer PC games, have put such things as weapon damage and vehicle speed in the client rather than on the server. This has resulted in reports of widespread hacking and cheating in PvP and Arkfalls. One shot kill hacks and the old favourite, radar hacks, are said to be in play. There is a ten page thread about this on the official forums without any dev or official response.

You can find mention of this on Lexinators Defiance Guide if you scroll down a bit, but I will post the two videos he features.

-Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

-"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

Default Re: Defiance Hacking: Trion is alleged to be stupid and it might be true.

I'm aware of this in Defiance, but it's a co-op vs AI game to me. I have no interest in the PvP, so hacking is only a very minor annoyance. I have never encountered a hacker so far mysef, but I play at odd times.

Default Re: Defiance Hacking: Trion is alleged to be stupid and it might be true.

There is always some sort of shenanigans in any game, but putting the weapons client side seems extra stupid.
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

-"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Mars View Post
    There is always some sort of shenanigans in any game, but putting the weapons client side seems extra stupid.
    That's about as freaking dumb a thing as a developer can do PvsP wise. I know SWtOR put crit chance and crit percentage calculations client side and people were using a hack to get a crit every time and do max crit damage. People were getting 2 shot out of nowhere every time their opponent got in trouble and couldn't figure it out and it didn't take long before this came to light.

I don't think people realize just how rampant cheating actually is in online games.

+ Reply to Thread