+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I wants it

Default I wants it

"The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Default Re: I wants it

Looks good for shooters but bad for MMOs and any game with lots of options/powers/spells and any game where you text chat with other players.
    -Make America Nazi Free!

-Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

-"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

Opposite reaction as Alex. Convolution of the controls of a shooter/action game is totally unappealing, but total immersion in MMO's or games like Skryim would be epic. Headset and macro's to replace chat. Not hard to see other options besides the gun like Wii sticks. Probably wouldn't work with 'LOTS AND LOTS' of options, but clever macros + movement could make 'lots' of options/powers/spells viable I think. WoW? Probably not. GW2? Maybe. Skyrim? Totally.

I would IMMEDIATELY return to EVE online if I had this and it was of good quality, with the ability to see my ship's bridge and control stuff with consoles.

I would DEFINITELY get off my fat ass and go for a jog in Skyrim if it worked well and felt sturdy to jog on. Would be awesome to stop and fight bandits, thwart an assassination attempt, or pick a crafting material I was looking for in the area, then go back to jogging.

Best of all, if I wanted to go and sword fight someone I wouldn't have to wait for a break in at my apartment!

I'm sold. I will need one of these as soon as they are available.

Overseeing a mass of self-replicating organic matter.

Best of all, if I wanted to go and sword fight someone I wouldn't have to wait for a break in at my apartment!
    Got me, I lol'd.

I would love to have one of these.

I think the best kind of game for this would be Deus Ex or its sequels, that is the kind of game where I want immersion. I wonder how the system deals with climbing.
    -Make America Nazi Free!

-"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

Quote Originally Posted by Draconian View Post
    Got me, I lol'd.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Mars View Post
    I think the best kind of game for this would be Deus Ex or its sequels, that is the kind of game where I want immersion. I wonder how the system deals with climbing.
    Hmm... probably have to 'walk forward' since that's what the game's controls have you do. Might be awkward 'walking' everywhere. Like you wanted to 'sprint' in an existing game it probably wouldn't matter how fast you actually ran. You'd have to just be walking and hit a key? This could be yucky.

The pedestal would have to be pretty sturdy to stand up to continued walking/jogging/jumping.

They had a rig like this in shopping malls about 20 years ago, but you didn't walk, you were on a moving path and could only look around and shoot at targets all around and above you. Pretty cool for the time, though.
    -Make America Nazi Free!

Can you imagine playing something like Silent Hill in this?

789+321 963+147 869+241 145+965 159+951 754+356 167+943 831+279
    456+654 478+632 623+487 174+936 753+357 152+958 729+381 268+842
    123+987 896+214 421+689 396+714 758+352 746+364 183+927 426+684
    741+369 632+476 985+125 312+798 956+154 128+982 796+394 127+983
    258+852 487+623 325+785 132+978 352+758 349+761 138+792 143+967

So one of my good friends from high school is the VP of product for Oculus. He's been keeping me up to date on all the cool new shit surrounding the Rift and there's a bunch of really awesome ideas.

11. Default Re: I wants it

Edit-Doah, I ASSumed it was about Oculus Rift...but the Omni is neat too...

I've been watching this since shortly after the Kickstarter, can't hardly wait for the commercial release, I think this product will change the face of gaming. But it is still at least a year away from release...my plan was to skip the (relatively) low res Dev Kit 1 and get the Dev Kit 2, but now it seems like they may not release DK2 until right before commercial release, don't know if I can wait a whole year or more, I might break down and order DK1, it takes months to get Dev Kit and by that time the VorpX driver will probably be released, and I would be able to play a lot of the games I already have (albeit low res and not built with VR in mind).
    Last edited by Random Havoc; 06-17-2013 at 12:29 PM.
    To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow, creeps in this petty pace from day to day, To the last syllable of recorded time;
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."