+ Reply to Thread

Default Re: Guild Wars 2 Expansion: Heart of Thorns

Is there a rundown of the new weapons available to each class, and the weapons available to the new class anywhere? I'm googling around but there's not one jumping out at me yet.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

No, they were purposely vague across the board.

The only new class-weapon combos they mentioned in the announcement were allowing necros to use the greatsword and rangers to use a staff. The video also showed what seemed to be an engineer wielding a hammer and a mesmer with a shield.

No word on the revenant weapons yet, though Rytlock appears in the video with a 1-h sword.

People were also very excited about the announcement of new legendaries and of a new way to craft them, though I can't believe it will be any less grindy.

I liked GW2. Regardless of how grindy it became, it felt good to move around and the combat was somewhat interesting. PvP seemed like a clusterfuck but that's okay I mostly approach games as either PvE or PvP. MMORPG's are always like that for me. The point was I could log on to GW2 and play an MMORPG whenever I felt like it. Not even sure why I'm talking about it in past tense right now.

The only reason I left was no class really fit me just right that I tried, and I tried all of the weapons for all of them. Revenant doesn't look like my thing, but I am very interested to see what the new weapons are for existing classes and what the animations / ability sets look like.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Oh, I still like and play it but almost exclusively in world vs world and because I have a fair few good friends I've made there.

I'll get HoT the moment it comes out, I'm sure, but that's something else they were vague about: the release date...

I figure I'll mention the announcement came with a 75% off GW2 deal which still seems to be running, even though it was only for the weekend.

Edit: ...and it's over.
    Last edited by Ziel; 01-27-2015 at 03:48 AM.
    It's going to be a fine day tomorrow. We will have salad...