+ Reply to Thread

Default There are some thoughts you need to keep to yourself

This is the city. There are a lot of idiots in the city, and this story is about one of them.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ainst-Blizzard

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...nap-story.html
    -Make America Nazi Free!

-Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

-"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

Default Re: There are some thoughts you need to keep to yourself

I hope he doesn't really go to jail for five years for threats.

I guess it needs to be illegal and reasonably punishable to discourage it enough so law enforcement has a managable number of serious threats to investigate but if that investigation that lead to his arrest didn't turn up evidence of him actually planning to take action (plane tickets, seeking support, other electronic messages confirming he's serious sent to other parties) then I have a problem with someone going to jail for five years for just talking shit. He's not guilty of anything more until proven so beyond a reasonable doubt.

Five years probably doesn't mean five years in this instance though. I'm not familiar with how parole and all that works but I'd expect he could get out of prison-prison really fast.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Default Re: There are some thoughts you need to keep to yourself

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    I hope he doesn't really go to jail for five years for threats.

I guess it needs to be illegal and reasonably punishable to discourage it enough so law enforcement has a managable number of serious threats to investigate but if that investigation that lead to his arrest didn't turn up evidence of him actually planning to take action (plane tickets, seeking support, other electronic messages confirming he's serious sent to other parties) then I have a problem with someone going to jail for five years for just talking shit. He's not guilty of anything more until proven so beyond a reasonable doubt.

Five years probably doesn't mean five years in this instance though. I'm not familiar with how parole and all that works but I'd expect he could get out of prison-prison really fast.
    Yeah I'm not a big fan of people being punished for words. It really irks me when some asshole intentionally harasses someone verbally just to cause them emotional distress (like tries to get them to commit suicide or something) but in the end it's just words. It should be allowed that they get the shit beat out of them and then they won't run their mouth anymore without taxpayers putting up the cash for them to have 3 hots and a cot.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon