+ Reply to Thread

Default ESO adding housing next year

ESO will be adding housing in February 2017 and will have it on the public test server in January. Housing will be purchased with in game gold, although there will also be Crown shop options as well. Houses will be sold furnished and unfurnished and will be available in racial based styles. Housing is one of my favourite MMO things since old UO so I'll be heading back to ESO to check it out.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...cing-homestead
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

-"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

Default Re: ESO adding housing next year

Downloading this tonight to try it out actually. Was looking for an MMO PvE shooter but noticed there are still 14,000+ people online in the middle of the day according to STEAM and a combat system with active blocking, dodging and interrupting. I'm at 93%, but it's like 70 frigging gigs... what server/faction are you on?

Right now I"m thinking redguard sword/shield/medium armor, but IDK what class to make it, or if class even matters since it sounds like you can only have a limited number of equipped active/passives at any given time which may not include any from your "class"(?). Might make a pure assassin to learn the ropes, just because it seems like that path is really straightforward.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

I believe they collapsed the servers into two, North American and European.

I still need to patch up the game and sort out my mods before I get into the game.

-"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

I really like this game. I can't put my finger on it, but it doesn't have that "why bother" MMO deadness feeling. I see other people around and it doesn't seem to punish us for interacting. Fights aren't too short or too long. Combat system is simple but keeps me busy and paying attention.

Doing a Stamina > HP Templar w/ one hand and shield in medium armor. Finally feel like I can play with sword/shield and not have to be a tank or self-gimped. Converting my basic magic spear attack and magic spear toss to stamina abilities happened pretty quickly as well. Refreshing to see a hotbar of just six buttons, R for ultimate and combat controls.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

My biggest complaint is the lack of a proper global auction house, I can never find anywhere to buy healing potions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Mars View Post
    My biggest complaint is the lack of a proper global auction house, I can never find anywhere to buy healing potions.
    Wow... really? I got that impression early on reading about the guild stores but I thought for sure that couldn't be the only market...

That blows.

Incidentally I've always liked Alchemy in games so that's what I"m doing here as well. Haven't done any yet, haven't needed to, but I've got stacks and stacks of stuff I've picked up stored in the bank for later.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    Wow... really? I got that impression early on reading about the guild stores but I thought for sure that couldn't be the only market...

That blows.

Incidentally I've always liked Alchemy in games so that's what I"m doing here as well. Haven't done any yet, haven't needed to, but I've got stacks and stacks of stuff I've picked up stored in the bank for later.
    Sounds like it's at least made significant strides since I played it in beta. It was in a pretty embarrassing state in pre-launch open beta, couldn't even do quests with other people.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    Sounds like it's at least made significant strides since I played it in beta. It was in a pretty embarrassing state in pre-launch open beta, couldn't even do quests with other people.
    I've never even actually grouped with anyone. A quest ended with killing a boss, which someone else had already spawned and was fighting. I took over tanking it for their pet, got XP, got my own instance of loot on the body, and got quest credit.

And the whole thing appears to auto-scale with level now. My quest log confused me at first because I was trying to go by level from lowest to highest when I had taken a bunch of them, but when I went from 8 to 9... everything in my log said it was lv9... and I see higher level people around me fighting the same enemies, though they do seem to have an easier time of it.

My only complaint so far is that it's all pretty easy. The block and interrupt mechanics lead to stuns. Striking stunned enemies with heavy attacks never misses and causes knockdown. Heavy attacks that connect restore a ton of stamina for doing more blocking and interrupting... So even fighting multiple opponents, I can just keep doing the basic combat mechanics to have several of them CC'd and never run out of stamina. My class comes with a near instant cast self heal so I'm not even messing with potions unless I fight four enemies and need to recover from the initial burst of them all hitting me.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 12-11-2016 at 01:23 AM.

When I was last playing you could find guild vendors in various locations but the trick was to find one that (a) sold potions and (b) was still actively being stocked with product.

When the game came out people would vanish off your screen, my buddy and I kept having to use workarounds to regain sight of each other, but that problem was finally fixed.

Alex or VK, can you actually duo/group regular quests now? Cause it was completely fucked in the beta (biggest deal breaker) and I can't find a single video of people doing it online which is odd.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

I had been doing quests in a group back when we were playing post launch. I'm going to start a new character this weekend and relearn the game.