+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFXIV Part 2

Hybrid View

Default FFXIV Part 2

In the mood for a good PvE game and playing this again for awhile to check out the xpac that came out a year ago in light of them announcing the next xpac due June 2017 which includes Red Mage. Anyone played this in the recent past?

One thing I had definitely forgotten was the fantastic level of detail in the characters, the environment, and the interaction between the two. It's snowing (weather system), character's breath creates ice crystals, your clothes sway in the wind. You sit down? Clothing pools around your character instead of clipping into the floor. It rains? You get wet and your clothing drips.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Default Re: FFXIV Part 2

How much are the xpacs?

I've been playing the Division and in that game the heavier the snowfall the more snow accumulates on your clothing such as your shoulders and your hat.
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

-"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Mars View Post
    How much are the xpacs?

I've been playing the Division and in that game the heavier the snowfall the more snow accumulates on your clothing such as your shoulders and your hat.
    Xpack is on sale right now for $9.99 on steam, or the bundle of xpac + original directly from the website for $29.99.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Taolas, come out and plaaaay.

So, we had an in-game wedding, it was pretty fancy. Our FC people attended.

And we got this mount, which is a 2 seater and can fly.

I'm really digging the Astrologian. Probably my favorite class now. Like the ninja though as well.

Good shit. I'm currently paying for a PS Now account so I can cut corners and play PS3 exclusives on the old PC. So unless FFXIV became F2P, I'll pass for now.

Is that hilarious dapper zombie / detective quest line still going?

Quote Originally Posted by Taolas View Post
    Good shit. I'm currently paying for a PS Now account so I can cut corners and play PS3 exclusives on the old PC. So unless FFXIV became F2P, I'll pass for now.

Is that hilarious dapper zombie / detective quest line still going?
    I sent you a 7 day free playtime invite back so you can check it out if you get an itch, I sent one to VK as well, cause why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    I sent you a 7 day free playtime invite back so you can check it out if you get an itch, I sent one to VK as well, cause why not?
    Probably wasted... once again having account problems with Square-Enix.

I keep a notepad file for them because of the issues I've had in the past and nothing is working. I think the last time we played I was on account #3, which I'm 100% sure I documented correctly, literally copy/pasting to the launcher to log in, but now says account/pass are incorrect, and logging in on the site doesn't show me as having the game at all.

What did you use to send me an invite? My character in-game?
    Last edited by VKhaun; 02-08-2017 at 02:52 PM.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    Probably wasted... once again having account problems with Square-Enix.

I keep a notepad file for them because of the issues I've had in the past and nothing is working. I think the last time we played I was on account #3, which I'm 100% sure I documented correctly, literally copy/pasting to the launcher to log in, but now says account/pass are incorrect, and logging in on the site doesn't show me as having the game at all.

What did you use to send me an invite? My character in-game?
    To your character in game which would (or will) end up going to the email on the account that character existed under (VKhaun Vex). You were like level 15 or 30 with almost all jobs. Most balanced alt-itis I've ever seen.

No, still a monthly sub. It usually goes on sale once a month or so, so you can get Heavensward for 9 dollars. Yes, Hildibrand is still on going, they just added new quests for it I think. We haven't done them yet because there is SO MUCH. Its taken a month and a half just to get caught up in main story.

I wish you'd come back and play with us! The 50 to 60 content is very nice. They added a new type of dungeon you can solo/go in with whatever comp you want and it has 200 floors. The new classes are great too. We both love Astrologian.
    "Why is my face wet?"
    "No one knows, perhaps you urinated."
    "In my face?"

Nope... all I have on my e-mail for the account that doesn't exist are notices that an estate in our guild was being removed due to inactivity back in December.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Just got the invitation to return at 2:00AM this morning.

Clicked the link -> "Enter your e-mail and PW!" -> Forgotten password link ->

Always worry my account was hijacked, or I'm being stupid and using a site for the wrong country or some such... but when I get the invitation and use the PW recovery the invitation linked... Hard to imagine how this is a problem on my end.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 02-14-2017 at 07:08 AM.

Just got the invitation to return at 2:00AM this morning.

Clicked the link -> "Enter your e-mail and PW!" -> Forgotten password link ->

Always worry my account was hijacked, or I'm being stupid and using a site for the wrong country or some such... but when I get the invitation and use the PW recovery the invitation linked... Hard to imagine how this is a problem on my end.
    Only thing I can think is maybe it's case sensitive and your email is all lowercase.

/edit: Yep, that worked. I just generated you a reset request.

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    Only thing I can think is maybe it's case sensitive and your email is all lowercase.

/edit: Yep, that worked. I just generated you a reset request.
    ON WHAT PLANET ARE E-MAIL ADDRESSES CASE SENSITIVE

o.o

ON WHAT PLANET ARE E-MAIL ADDRESSES CASE SENSITIVE

o.o
    On a planet where sometimes web developers don't remember to cast things like that to lowercase before they validate them against saved data.

Same problem one step forward.

Bought the game for the third time (last time I was a free player) and it says user/ID password not correct on the launcher. I can log into my NA Square Enix account on the site, but the game gives me the middle finger. Tried the obvious stuff. Tried case sensitive. Which I mention separately because it was not obvious anymore as of 2010 and the game does not tell you the ID or e-mail are case sensitive. *shakes fist*

Best I could figure was that it wants a "one time password" input which I had been leaving blank since I'd never set up an authenticator. Figured I'd have to go set one up... but then I tried resetting my PW to make sure I had the right e-mail / ID before moving to that step, and it asked me for a "new one-time PW". It accepted a new input that I made up on the spot. Which makes no sense at all... but it's a Square Enix account so I'm used to that... Then still wouldn't let me log in with the correct user ID for the correct e-mail with the password and the one-time which I had just set.

Seriously, fuck you Square Enix.

I'll leave it installed and try the authenticator app thing next time.

Taolas, change your mind and come play with us! We gots a house and its all purdy. This time we aren't going to let the sub lapse. One of us is going to do a year sub. You'd really love Palace of The Dead and all the new stuff.

"Why is my face wet?"
    "No one knows, perhaps you urinated."
    "In my face?"

Why is fishing in this game entertaining? All day yesterday.

Yaaay more Square Enix account bullshit!

So apparently my free account was not through STEAM so screw me I can't put heavansward on it. I have to make a separate "service account" in the mogstation and register both STEAM codes there. Mogstation, by the way, auto corrects to molestation. Which is hillarious and appropriate.

It's still under the umbrella of the one I sign in with, but my characters are clearly associated with the previous one and there is no option I can find to swap them. I have a feeling I'm going to be stuck again, between "Unable to make new character on that world/server/whatever" and "Unable to use heavansward stuff on old character".

We'll see. Maybe they'll just be cool this time and it'll all work flawlessly.

EDIT-- separate subscriptions too... @#)%&U)(^

EDIT-- NOPE, had to pick my account to login to on the server selection thingie.

New character is Scraek.

Archer -> Thaumaturge -> Black mage.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 03-14-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Yaaay more Square Enix account bullshit!

So apparently my free account was not through STEAM so screw me I can't put heavansward on it. I have to make a separate "service account" in the mogstation and register both STEAM codes there. Mogstation, by the way, auto corrects to molestation. Which is hillarious and appropriate.

It's still under the umbrella of the one I sign in with, but my characters are clearly associated with the previous one and there is no option I can find to swap them. I have a feeling I'm going to be stuck again, between "Unable to make new character on that world/server/whatever" and "Unable to use heavansward stuff on old character".

We'll see. Maybe they'll just be cool this time and it'll all work flawlessly.

EDIT-- separate subscriptions too... @#)%&U)(^

EDIT-- NOPE, had to pick my account to login to on the server selection thingie.

New character is Scraek.

Archer -> Thaumaturge -> Black mage.
    At least you're set up now and you're not stuck with a steam linked account, although it has it's benefits. I'm kinda annoyed cause I can't give my personal house to the free company and instead gotta do a bunch of shenanigans (when we hit company rank 6)

I got Marauder to 26 for Mercy Stroke for paladin, and I've got the prerequisites for paladin and black mage done. Probably clear out my armoury chest and just play gladiator and thaumaturge right into those jobs and onward to 60. I'll google the Astrologian quest and do it as soon as I get to minimum level so I'll have a healer class option without leveling any more crap.

If I need to I'll go back later and do Conjurer, Arcanist and/or Archer to 34 for their last cross class skills, but I'm not sure I'll be that far or care that much before cross class goes out the window. The other classes, Red mage and Samurai don't immediately interest me. If I add anything else it'll be bard but not any time soon.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 03-17-2017 at 08:43 PM.

Wow... so I actually looked at how to use cross class skills today. I can cross class to a lot more than what it says on the wiki for the advanced jobs. Leveling Gladiator to catch up to Thaumaturge was very easy before work, using a self heal for doing hunt log early and the Archer's DoT to make short work of mobs for leve's set at +4.

Silly and Zavon should play FFXIV with us, it would be tons of fun.

FFXIV Free Trial now lasts forever, you just can't pass level 30 or do several other things (send tells to people not on friends list, trade money, etc) without converting to a real account.

Interweb went down earlier when I disappeared.

Still fucking shit up though. Shiva, Midgardsomir and Neibe...something are all down. The people from the Party Finder have been really good so far.

The gear rewards from the quests are surprisingly bad... but I got a sweet matching sword and shield that look good with the armor I liked.

I'm waiting for the invite Aeinna sent me to hit my mail box, then I'll fart around with you guys.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."