+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FFXIV Part 2

Default Re: FFXIV Part 2

"The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Boring night at work thinking about FFXIV and Star Citizen on lunch. I'm doing it right with Star Citizen, committing to one size of ships and learning to fly and get good with them. Cutlass, Freelancer, Terrapin.

I'm doing it wrong with FFXIV going back to trying to play everything. I actually leveled marauder to 30 and unlocked warrior. I have Paladin (my 2nd choice) at 54 and will probably hit 60 finishing the MSQ, and I am very happy with Dark Knight (my 1st choice) with no reason for a third tank... I'm sitting there last night trying to unlock three more jobs and seriously considering unlocking monk, plus intending to play both astrologian and machinist on top of the ones I'm unlocking. With Dragoon in the back of my mind from last time, I am trying to play everything except arcanist.

Going to do paladin, dark knight, black mage and white mage. I like the themes best and my semi-OCD brain is very happy with the dark/light symmetry filling out all the roles.

While messing around with Pugilist in PotD Aeinna told me that PotD enemies always count you as properly positioned for flank/rear attacks making my old favorite, Dragoon, really attractive. I only didn't do Dragoon again because of queue times, but then I hardly ever queue for anything. I might make it my project to unlock Dragoon in short play sessions on my work days, just to make it my exclusive PotD class and not worry about gear or anything for it.

/blog off.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

I wanted to get Paladin to 60 so bad, so I made it my mission, went in at floor 51 and solo'd all the way to 135, no fucking deaths and then hit not 1, not 2, not even 3 but 5 luring traps. FUCK YOU FF14!

I hit 60 tho and am doing my 1 to 101 achiver with paladin now.

Do you like basghetti?

I knew, ever since that day, the reason you had approached me, tender and soft, that my body is to your taste. To your hunger stricken eyes, how does my body seem? If you are to eat me, do it in one blow, so that the meat does not get hard. - Menchi, The Emergency Ration

Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    I wanted to get Paladin to 60 so bad, so I made it my mission, went in at floor 51 and solo'd all the way to 135, no fucking deaths and then hit not 1, not 2, not even 3 but 5 luring traps. FUCK YOU FF14!

I hit 60 tho and am doing my 1 to 101 achiver with paladin now.
    It will be a title well earned.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

I made it to 50 for BLM, and am slogging through the MSQ. Holy fuck do I hate the MSQ. Two vanilla "end" dungeons are awesome though. Plus, I gots me a magitek mount
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    I made it to 50 for BLM, and am slogging through the MSQ. Holy fuck do I hate the MSQ. Two vanilla "end" dungeons are awesome though. Plus, I gots me a magitek mount
    When you get close to Shiva you'll have an instanced fight up north in the snowy area by dragonssomething. You'll be told to kill a mage guy. It will spawn a bunch of adds and either you will die or your team will get rekt and you'll fail because they died. The trick is to kill the guy slow. The adds spawn based on his health going down. Just shoot him with ice or scathe and stop to kill adds as they appear.

When a dragon comes out and the friendly NPC's yell at you to kill a thing, you also have to run to the back of the area and kill a magic thingie. It's shiny and obvious, but it's also way in the back behind a big dragon.

I will mother fucking be number 16 on the solo Paladin rankings.
    Last edited by Aeinna; 04-08-2017 at 02:55 AM.

Do you like basghetti?

I knew, ever since that day, the reason you had approached me, tender and soft, that my body is to your taste. To your hunger stricken eyes, how does my body seem? If you are to eat me, do it in one blow, so that the meat does not get hard. - Menchi, The Emergency Ration

I will mother fucking be number 16 on the solo Paladin rankings.

Gratz!

Get it right!

Do you like basghetti?

M's DRK:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...olo_party=solo

BWHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Next up, black mage and then warrior.
    Last edited by Aeinna; 04-09-2017 at 02:15 PM.

Do you like basghetti?

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    M's DRK:

God I love this picture. This is amazing.

"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

What is the PotD score based on, that people are ranked above you while being 10 floors down?

Kills, treasure collected, completion time, damage taken, damage done, etc.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

I think my score would have been higher had I not stopped caring about treasures. There came a point where my only goal was to get to the next floor and by 140, it took upwards of 10 minutes to kill the bosses and I was going to the boss floor with 15 minutes left. I could do better now I know what to expect and I may go back with paladin and try again.

Do you like basghetti?

I think my score would have been higher had I not stopped caring about treasures. There came a point where my only goal was to get to the next floor and by 140, it took upwards of 10 minutes to kill the bosses and I was going to the boss floor with 15 minutes left. I could do better now I know what to expect and I may go back with paladin and try again.
    I never even realized there was a time limit. Yuck.

I think I was vaguely aware of a time limit on dungeons but it's so long as to be meaningless. 90min right? I think I just tuned out that part of the UI.

60 minutes in PoTD. If it didn't have a time limit, it would be so easy, which I think defeats the purpose. Just got to floor 41 on warrior, worst run i've ever had. I have hardly no pomanders, I keep getting levels with 7 rooms and 6 guys in each room. But level 60 warrior is stupid OP. At one point I had 3 guys on me and they couldn't take 10% of my health.

Do you like basghetti?

Just had a super cool group for The Aery. Ran right through it pretty much non-stop. Somehow every single pair of boss loot rolled a DRG item(lv55) and the DRG in the group (lv60) passed on it all. I walked away with the head, chest and legs from the lv55 DRG set. Dunno if I'll ever use them, but it was a weird coincidence after telling everyone my DRG was just for PotD.

Unfortunately I'm not lv55.3 out in the middle of nowhere, and the NPC's bumped the quest requirement to 56. Tonight I'll probably queue for Dailies and then leveling roulette's until I hit 56 to continue on.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 04-13-2017 at 11:41 AM.

Do you like basghetti?

Really looking forward to playing my DRK and SCH through this content. RDM looks interesting as well.

Ok, Samurai is way more interesting than I initially gave it credit for. Happy there are no animation locks.