+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 112
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,071

    Not Worthy! The Trump Presidency

    Trigger me timbers! I bet some of you libs are frothing at the mouth.

    So, what's everyone think of the first week of a Trump Presidency?
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    813

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Ha. I'm feeling that a Pence presidency will probably be a reality. Either Trump will snap cause people will constantly be protesting his every move, or he'll make a big policy/corruption slip up and the republican party will move to put Pence at the wheel.

    Generally his whole presidency will have little effect on me either way, maybe more business.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,028

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    I think how the "libtards" feel are pretty obvious. Personally, I'm worried about how his policies are going to effect the restaurant industry, especially in southern California.

    I more curious how y'all who voted for him feel about his actions in the past week.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,049

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Best week of a presidency since George Washington. It's been the only week of pure, unbridled America first, fuck your politically correct feelings we've had that I've known in my life time. If he keeps this up America will be back on track in no time. I hope he builds the wall with tax payer money, the Mexican President says "see I told you we wouldn't pay for it" and then Trump signs an executive order cutting any and all federal aid to Mexico in every form and says "See, I told ya that you'd be picking up the tab!" and gives that taco scarfing fuck the finger.

    I also hope he redirects every single Muslim refugee coming into our country to Canada and we get to see them overrun with rioting and burning and looting and utter chaos. Then I hope instead of offering any boots on the ground help he has people line up on the border and offer the choice between a pillow and an M16 to anyone with a Canadian passport and says "You made own bed now sleep in it or go clean that shit up".

    3 years in Norway completely burned me the fuck out on hippy retards that have no foresight and no theory of mind. Because people are either losers or brainwashed into being losers they want to sympathize with anyone that they deem isn't the popular white guy, regardless of whether this fellow loser wants to chop their head off for not worshiping the wrong God. I say it's past time people start walking their talk and getting to experience the consequences of their own bullshit in a way that DOESN'T cost those of us who had enough sense to know better in the first place.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    813

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    US aid to Mexico is around 400mil a year.

    Estimated cost of his wall, 15bill.

    It would take 40 years or so to 'Balance' that ledger.

    Considering if it even starts under the trump presidency, it would probably be axed by the first non-republican to take office. Also, good luck building it if we aren't going to use mexicans for labor. Then there's the fact that a vast majority of immigrants from anywhere come legally with work visas and then stay. But all that doesn't really matter, he represents your white nationalist ideals, therefore best president ever.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,379

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    US aid to Mexico is around 400mil a year.

    Estimated cost of his wall, 15bill.

    It would take 40 years or so to 'Balance' that ledger.
    Imports from Mexico are around 300 Billion a year. A 1.25ish% increase in tariffs would get you 15bil from Mexico within his presidency and I doubt he'd stop at +1.25%... Trump can do this with a swipe of his pen and likely will by end of business this week, if not Monday.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    Also, good luck building it if we aren't going to use mexicans for labor.
    This is the big lie of the political left though isn't it? They say the immigrants are coming here for the American dream, but then college educated liberals expect them to work making a pittance to do the hardest jobs. You can yell racism at the other side all you like but this wall is shaping up to put a lot of non-whites to work at real jobs that pay real wages and give real healthcare benefits.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    ...nationalist ideals, therefore best president ever.
    To many on the red team I'm sure that's true but I'm an independent so I'll argue it anyway... "nationalist" would be us making money off the rest of the world. For decades, DECADES, we've had a trade deficit around 50 billion per month, PER MONTH, with the rest of the world. The Donald could add to tariffs to pay for whatever the fuck he wants to do for his entire presidency, renegotiate trade deals to stimulate job growth in the U.S. without actually spending a penny of your tax dollars, and still end up a globalist when the consequences of his actions shift the balance so we still have a smaller deficit or make only a small profit.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 01-29-2017 at 08:38 AM.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    813

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    So my post was really just a jab at Silly's simplified look at how cutting the foreign aid would 'make Mexico pay'.

    Tariffs would make Mexican companies and factories pay, not "Mexico".

    As to the labor aspect it's all hearsay. We could talk about trumps business record with contractors and foreign workers but it's not him personally building the wall. We will see if the trump brand picks up some construction companies to bid on the contracts. Or a concrete company to supply. Like Cheney and Haliburton.

    As far as 'immigrants and the American dream' I work in the hotel industry and regularly foreigners are brought in to do the least favored and lowest paid jobs we have. Why? Because it is the most cost effective for the corporation because they don't have to pay certain benefits and they can charge the employees for housing since they own a few apartment complexes nearby. I'm quite familiar with how unskilled foreign labor is treated by Americans, specifically larger businesses.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,049

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    So my post was really just a jab at Silly's simplified look at how cutting the foreign aid would 'make Mexico pay'.

    Tariffs would make Mexican companies and factories pay, not "Mexico".

    As to the labor aspect it's all hearsay. We could talk about trumps business record with contractors and foreign workers but it's not him personally building the wall. We will see if the trump brand picks up some construction companies to bid on the contracts. Or a concrete company to supply. Like Cheney and Haliburton.

    As far as 'immigrants and the American dream' I work in the hotel industry and regularly foreigners are brought in to do the least favored and lowest paid jobs we have. Why? Because it is the most cost effective for the corporation because they don't have to pay certain benefits and they can charge the employees for housing since they own a few apartment complexes nearby. I'm quite familiar with how unskilled foreign labor is treated by Americans, specifically larger businesses.
    Your problem is you have a simplified interpretation of what foreign aid means. Yeah, America just plain dumps a shit ton of cash on foreign countries around the globe but we also purposefully scew ourselves on trade deals/etc around the globe for "humanitarian" reasons. The problem with this method is not only that it screws the Americans out of their hard earned benefits but it keeps the 3rd world communist worshipping idiots of places like China in limbo, still worshipping their god kings and never getting to the point of desperation enough to have their own French Revolution. People aren't learning to not play with snakes because we keep pulling the snakes teeth for them out of some aultristic motivation. Sometimes you gotta get bit to learn not to play with snakes.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,071

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    The thing that I find so objectionable about this week, is the sure panic and unadulterated hysteria from otherwise normal thinking adults (even if leftist).

    Trump transition team: "Let's reinstate NSEERS because ISIS is growing too fast, too quick, and in areas with no central government".
    People on my facebook: REEEEEEEEEEeee A MUSLIM REGISTRY THIS IS ANOTHER HOLOCAUST REEEEEEEEEE ILL REGISTER AS A MUSLIM (nevermind that it's only for people entering the country)

    Trump executive order: "90 Day ban on people from hot spot countries, until we can figure out a way to more thoroughly vet people from areas with no central government".
    People on my facebook: REEEEEEEEeeeee TRUMP IS KEEPING MUSLIMS OUT OF THE COUNTRY REEEEEEEEEEE (nevermind that the five biggest nations with the highest population of Muslims, are not prohibited from entering the US)

    Trump executive order: "Start Dakota access pipeline going again."
    People on my facebook: REEEEEEEEEeeee TRUMP HATES NATIVE AMERICANS BECAUSE THEY ARE BROWNISH RED AND THE ENVIRONMENT (nevermind that this stupid pipe line has been so ridiculously regulated, that the fucking thing is not even going on native lands and is going 115 feet BELOW the small area of water it is crossing AND there are already 4 existing pipelines running over said water)

    It's like I don't even have time to process, relate, or discuss any of his actual policy moves because I'm too busy trying to disentangle the stupid from what the media and my friends and family portray any of it to be.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,379

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    Tariffs would make Mexican companies and factories pay, not "Mexico".

    As to the labor aspect it's all hearsay. ... We will see if the trump brand picks up some construction companies to bid on the contracts. Or a concrete company to supply. Like Cheney and Haliburton.
    If Mexicans aren't Mexico then the lowest tier of workers at a contracted company are definitely not Trump or Cheney.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,028

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Trump executive order: "90 Day ban on people from hot spot countries, until we can figure out a way to more thoroughly vet people from areas with no central government".

    Didn't we find out that there has been about <1% of terror attacks from each of the seven countries banned? Or is that some crazy internet alternative fact that I read on the interwebz?


    Imports from Mexico are around 300 Billion a year. A 1.25ish% increase in tariffs would get you 15bil from Mexico within his presidency and I doubt he'd stop at +1.25%... Trump can do this with a swipe of his pen and likely will by end of business this week, if not Monday.
    Regardless of the fact that the wall is a waste of money, the American people are still gonna end up footing the bill by having to pay for the more expensive Mexican products.
    Last edited by Mute; 01-30-2017 at 12:22 AM.

  12. #12

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Trigger me timbers! I bet some of you libs are frothing at the mouth.

    So, what's everyone think of the first week of a Trump Presidency?
    Fantastic, he's doing what he said he'd do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    Didn't we find out that there has been about <1% of terror attacks from each of the seven countries banned? Or is that some crazy internet alternative fact that I read on the interwebz?

    Regardless of the fact that the wall is a waste of money, the American people are still gonna end up footing the bill by having to pay for the more expensive Mexican products.
    I love how you claim absolute knowledge on various topics when you actually have no idea whatsoever. It's why I generally don't argue with you.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,028

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    I love how you claim absolute knowledge on various topics when you actually have no idea whatsoever. It's why I generally don't argue with you.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,379

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    Regardless of the fact that the wall is a waste of money, the American people are still gonna end up footing the bill by having to pay for the more expensive Mexican products.
    You're copy/pasting this from the media. TBH I don't know. All I know is all the experts and media personalities who tell me this, have also been telling me that the current situation is fine while we bleed out. I know the word is overused but I consider this the "establishment" position that has been proven consistently ineffective regardless of if the red team or blue team has the con at any given time. I specifically wanted Trump for this reason and said so many times. I want to see what our nation can do when we're winning on trade, or even just breaking even.

    EDIT-- Actually, RON PAUL of all people said a trade deficit was fine. He lost me when he compared it to spending money for goods at the grocery store, since that analogy breaks at the point where I need a paycheck coming from somewhere... which is greater than or equal to what I spend... but it did give me pause because he's not what I'd call establishment.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    Didn't we find out that there has been about <1% of terror attacks from each of the seven countries banned? Or is that some crazy internet alternative fact that I read on the interwebz?
    No idea. I will say this, not to argue with you but to put my 2˘ in on the topic: I do know that the largest Muslim countries are not banned, so the position that it's all based in bigotry is, for the umpteenth time, a total non-starter and obvious misdirect.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 01-30-2017 at 03:54 AM.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,379

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    Fantastic, he's doing what he said he'd do.
    Are you following his contract with the voter thing? I worked Thursday through Sunday night (now posting from work) so I haven't had a chance to follow it, but Monday night I want to pull up the pdf I saved during his campaign and see how he's doing.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,028

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    You're copy/pasting this from the media. TBH I don't know. All I know is all the experts and media personalities who tell me this, have also been telling me that the current situation is fine while we bleed out. I know the word is overused but I consider this the "establishment" position that has been proven consistently ineffective regardless of if the red team or blue team has the con at any given time. I specifically wanted Trump for this reason and said so many times. I want to see what our nation can do when we're winning on trade, or even just breaking even.

    EDIT-- Actually, RON PAUL of all people said a trade deficit was fine. He lost me when he compared it to spending money for goods at the grocery store, since that analogy breaks at the point where I need a paycheck coming from somewhere... which is greater than or equal to what I spend... but it did give me pause because he's not what I'd call establishment.
    Not sure how that was a copy/paste from media. I'm not against increased importation taxes. In fact I wouldn't be shocked if it helped my local agricultural industry boom 4-8 years down the line. I just don't see how this lives up to his promise to make Mexico pay, because I'm fully aware of how many Mexican products I use every day living in a boarder state and I know prices will increase short term. And, again, I think 15billion on a wall is a huge waste of resources.



    No idea. I will say this, not to argue with you but to put my 2˘ in on the topic: I do know that the largest Muslim countries are not banned, so the position that it's all based in bigotry is, for the umpteenth time, a total non-starter and obvious misdirect.
    I agree, I don't think bigotry plays an important roll on the hold.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,071

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    Not sure how that was a copy/paste from media. I'm not against increased importation taxes. In fact I wouldn't be shocked if it helped my local agricultural industry boom 4-8 years down the line. I just don't see how this lives up to his promise to make Mexico pay, because I'm fully aware of how many Mexican products I use every day living in a boarder state and I know prices will increase short term. And, again, I think 15billion on a wall is a huge waste of resources.





    I agree, I don't think bigotry plays an important roll on the hold.
    Your post here is kind of the main point I was making earlier in the thread. We should be talking about whether the wall will be effective, instead of questioning if a wall is racist. We should be discussing what Trump plans to do during the 90 day ban and what he will do to help stabilize the countries banned, instead ranting and rioting about bigotry.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,028

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    whynotboth.jpg

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,071

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    whynotboth.jpg
    Because it's media misdirect, and people should be smart enough to see that.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    54

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Absolutely disgusted. That's my 2 cents, and I'm not contributing any more than that. Good day, sirs.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    977

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    It's pretty much what I expected. He was either going to do next to nothing or go completely overboard (which is precisely why I preferred him to Hillary). This is too much though. At this rate we'll have a Pence presidency before 4 years are out and I think that could do more than surface damage.

    I love that he's actually talking as if he'll go ahead with the wall thing - and the mayor of Berlin telling him not to build it is hilarious. If it really goes ahead I'll be staggered if it ends up being anything but a colossal waste of money.
    It's going to be a fine day tomorrow. We will have salad...

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,071

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post
    It's pretty much what I expected. He was either going to do next to nothing or go completely overboard (which is precisely why I preferred him to Hillary). This is too much though. At this rate we'll have a Pence presidency before 4 years are out and I think that could do more than surface damage.

    I love that he's actually talking as if he'll go ahead with the wall thing - and the mayor of Berlin telling him not to build it is hilarious. If it really goes ahead I'll be staggered if it ends up being anything but a colossal waste of money.
    Out of curiosity, why do you think he's gone overboard? His approval rating is growing, and most Americans agree with the temporary ban.

    The act for the wall was passed in 2006. Everything to build it is in place. Hell, I mean a lot of it is already built if I recall correctly. It's just a matter of finishing up and getting the man power and tech to guard it. There is very little doubt, in my mind at least, that the wall won't get finished.
    Last edited by Zavon; 01-31-2017 at 11:18 AM.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    200

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    Didn't we find out that there has been about <1% of terror attacks from each of the seven countries banned? Or is that some crazy internet alternative fact that I read on the interwebz?
    His executive order technically does not list any countries specifically. It refers to "countries referred to in section 217(a)(12) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12)". That law says:
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1187
    (D) Countries or areas of concern
    (i) In general
    Not later than 60 days after December 18, 2015, the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Director of National Intelligence, shall determine whether the requirement under subparagraph (A) shall apply to any other country or area.
    (ii) Criteria
    In making a determination under clause (i), the Secretary shall consider—
    (I) whether the presence of an alien in the country or area increases the likelihood that the alien is a credible threat to the national security of the United States;
    (II) whether a foreign terrorist organization has a significant presence in the country or area; and
    (III) whether the country or area is a safe haven for terrorists.
    (iii) Annual review
    The Secretary shall conduct a review, on an annual basis, of any determination made under clause (i).

    The list of Countries was compiled by the Secretary of Homeland Security under the Obama administration.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,028

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozoron View Post
    His executive order technically does not list any countries specifically. It refers to "countries referred to in section 217(a)(12) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12)". That law says:
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1187
    (D) Countries or areas of concern
    (i) In general
    Not later than 60 days after December 18, 2015, the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Director of National Intelligence, shall determine whether the requirement under subparagraph (A) shall apply to any other country or area.
    (ii) Criteria
    In making a determination under clause (i), the Secretary shall consider—
    (I) whether the presence of an alien in the country or area increases the likelihood that the alien is a credible threat to the national security of the United States;
    (II) whether a foreign terrorist organization has a significant presence in the country or area; and
    (III) whether the country or area is a safe haven for terrorists.
    (iii) Annual review
    The Secretary shall conduct a review, on an annual basis, of any determination made under clause (i).

    The list of Countries was compiled by the Secretary of Homeland Security under the Obama administration.
    Indeed.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,049

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozoron View Post
    His executive order technically does not list any countries specifically. It refers to "countries referred to in section 217(a)(12) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12)". That law says:
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1187
    (D) Countries or areas of concern
    (i) In general
    Not later than 60 days after December 18, 2015, the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Director of National Intelligence, shall determine whether the requirement under subparagraph (A) shall apply to any other country or area.
    (ii) Criteria
    In making a determination under clause (i), the Secretary shall consider—
    (I) whether the presence of an alien in the country or area increases the likelihood that the alien is a credible threat to the national security of the United States;
    (II) whether a foreign terrorist organization has a significant presence in the country or area; and
    (III) whether the country or area is a safe haven for terrorists.
    (iii) Annual review
    The Secretary shall conduct a review, on an annual basis, of any determination made under clause (i).

    The list of Countries was compiled by the Secretary of Homeland Security under the Obama administration.
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd? You're upset the The Donald referred his ban back to a list that one of your God King Obamas puppets compiled?
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts