+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 120
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,103

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd? You're upset the The Donald referred his ban back to a list that one of your God King Obamas puppets compiled?
    Nah, I think he just meant that it wasn't about % of attacks like Mute indicated was important, but rather because Obama labeled these areas as a safe haven for terrorists, and has a significant presence of terrorists in the country.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    203

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Nah, I think he just meant that it wasn't about % of attacks like Mute indicated was important, but rather because Obama labeled these areas as a safe haven for terrorists, and has a significant presence of terrorists in the country.
    Yeah thats what i was trying to point out. I have idiot friends on facebook trying to say that Trump only banned countries he doesnt have business in, when in reality trump and his affiliates had nothing to do with choosing the 7 countries.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,056

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozoron View Post
    Yeah thats what i was trying to point out. I have idiot friends on facebook trying to say that Trump only banned countries he doesnt have business in, when in reality trump and his affiliates had nothing to do with choosing the 7 countries.
    Yeah but how is that a criticism of Trumps actions? Kinda hard for a liberal/democrat to argue he's being unfair to those countries if Obama had more to do with their selection than he did and you obviously used the religious discrimination card if he didn't ban all Muslims or all Muslim countries.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    203

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    Yeah but how is that a criticism of Trumps actions? Kinda hard for a liberal/democrat to argue he's being unfair to those countries if Obama had more to do with their selection than he did and you obviously used the religious discrimination card if he didn't ban all Muslims or all Muslim countries.
    Silly, i'm not arguing with you. I was making it clear mute's point wasn't valid.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,028

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Not exactly sure how that make's my point invalid

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,103

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    Not exactly sure how that make's my point invalid
    The reason you don't understand, is because you don't understand the executive order in its entirety. The executive order is a broad directive meant to establish new guidelines for better securing America against ALL terrorists. Within the order, in its entirety, there are directives for Homeland Security, the director of national intelligence, and the secretary of state to look at all countries and establish whether or not there are threats. Then, the order seeks to temporarily prohibit immigration from countries that have been previously identified as threats (by the Obama administration) until we can create a more robust vetting system (which they is also tasked in the order). There are other portions of the EO that we don't need to get in to; but the reason your point is invalid is because the order has nothing to do with individual attacks or likelihood of attack. It was drafted to curb terrorism and increase security from any and all countries across the globe, not just those seven that the media keeps focusing on.

    In other words, the fact that those 7 countries are being temporarily banned is incidental to the purpose of the executive order. Your point isn't necessarily wrong, it's just irrelevant.
    Last edited by Zavon; 02-02-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  7. #32
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,028

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post

    In other words, the fact that those 7 countries are being temporarily banned is incidental to the purpose of the executive order. Your point isn't necessarily wrong, it's just irrelevant.
    So my point is not invalid, just irrelevant.

    Which was why I was confused why Ozoron posted that the hold was based on Obama's actions. I'm aware of what Trumps executive order is referencing. That seemed pretty irrelevant to my point; further from the fact that we put a hold on ALL natives from 7 countries, regardless of status, with little reason and no guidance on policy to uphold. Sure, Obama did put a hold on the same 7 countries in 2011; however it was triggered by real evidence of threat and followed by an action plan and review.

    Jesus, y'all are so blood thirsty to attack "libtards."

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,103

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    So my point is not invalid, just irrelevant.

    Which was why I was confused why Ozoron posted that the hold was based on Obama's actions. I'm aware of what Trumps executive order is referencing. That seemed pretty irrelevant to my point; further from the fact that we put a hold on ALL natives from 7 countries, regardless of status, with little reason and no guidance on policy to uphold. Sure, Obama did put a hold on the same 7 countries in 2011; however it was triggered by real evidence of threat and followed by an action plan and review.

    Jesus, y'all are so blood thirsty to attack "libtards."
    I'd say your point is invalid as well as irrelevant, insomuch as invalid is used to describe something without sound reasoning. But really, that is just an argument of definitions. With regards to the accuracy of your statistics, though, I'd love to see how that number was calculated. I just did a cursory look of all terrorists attacks carried out in the year 2016, and a massive amount of them were done by ISIS, and furthermore, in or by someone from one of those 7 countries. There were quite a bit of situations where the attacker's origin was completely unknown--which I think highlights the original issue at the start of this thread on the necessity for developing a system to track and vet people from areas with no central government.

    I don't really want to attack you. I mostly just wanted to vent about the tards filling up my facebook feed. I might disagree with you, and maybe even insult you but I don't *really* think you are a tard or a libtard <3.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  9. #34
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,028

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    I'd say your point is invalid as well as irrelevant, insomuch as invalid is used to describe something without sound reasoning. But really, that is just an argument of definitions. With regards to the accuracy of your statistics, though, I'd love to see how that number was calculated. I just did a cursory look of all terrorists attacks carried out in the year 2016, and a massive amount of them were done by ISIS, and furthermore, in or by someone from one of those 7 countries. There were quite a bit of situations where the attacker's origin was completely unknown--which I think highlights the original issue at the start of this thread on the necessity for developing a system to track and vet people from areas with no central government.

    I don't really want to attack you. I mostly just wanted to vent about the tards filling up my facebook feed. I might disagree with you, and maybe even insult you but I don't *really* think you are a tard or a libtard <3.
    Honestly why I added the <1%, pretty sure every brought up statistic so far has been a complete 0 since the hold. Had to have been only confirmed incidents, no doubt. I feel like people are scrambling so hard to make sense of what exactly this administration is trying to do, that they are pushing out questionable content.


    Don't blame you on the venting. Shit is getting tiring.

    You douchecake <3

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,408

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    Honestly why I added the <1%, pretty sure every brought up statistic so far has been a complete 0 since the hold. Had to have been only confirmed incidents, no doubt. I feel like people are scrambling so hard to make sense of what exactly this administration is trying to do, that they are pushing out questionable content.
    I saw that you said that, but I don't see where that goes.

    The Obama administration picked the countries based on what the intelligence agencies told them, right? I'm not sure I believe anyone could convince me that the statistic was accurate, but even if they did it's hard to go from that stat to a statement about any one person.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,408

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.d2831cd4565a

    So Sessions just brought back private prisons.

    I thought the issue before was about conflict of interest though, not the stuff mentioned in the article. The potential for kickbacks and incentives -official or under the table- to send people to prison makes my skin crawl.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,056

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.d2831cd4565a

    So Sessions just brought back private prisons.

    I thought the issue before was about conflict of interest though, not the stuff mentioned in the article. The potential for kickbacks and incentives -official or under the table- to send people to prison makes my skin crawl.
    Yeah I am not a fan of private prisons.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,103

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.d2831cd4565a

    So Sessions just brought back private prisons.

    I thought the issue before was about conflict of interest though, not the stuff mentioned in the article. The potential for kickbacks and incentives -official or under the table- to send people to prison makes my skin crawl.
    I absolutely am disgusted by private prisons. This might be the first major thing the Trump administration has done that I disagree with.

    That being said, if they are gearing up to use private prisons to house illegals, then I am not so vehemently against it. Like you stated, the primary reason I hate them so much is the potential for kickbacks and incentives to place *citizens* behind bars. Conversely, that same drawback works in our favor when it comes to illegals, that is to say, there is an incentive to capture as many of the fuckers and jail them as you can.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    822

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    I absolutely am disgusted by private prisons. This might be the first major thing the Trump administration has done that I disagree with.

    That being said, if they are gearing up to use private prisons to house illegals, then I am not so vehemently against it. Like you stated, the primary reason I hate them so much is the potential for kickbacks and incentives to place *citizens* behind bars. Conversely, that same drawback works in our favor when it comes to illegals, that is to say, there is an incentive to capture as many of the fuckers and jail them as you can.
    Now sessions wants to.crack down on states with open marijuana legislation. Probably a refer madness tactic to round up all the marijuana smoking Mexicans. Nothing like killing a billion dollar industry in CO alone to deport some brownies.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,103

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  16. #41

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    heh, I just read that a minute ago and came here to post it, but you beat me to the punch.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    822

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    I'm all for states rights, but it the whole bathroom issue is lost on me.

  18. #43

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    I'm all for states rights, but it the whole bathroom issue is lost on me.
    That bathroom, and more broadly, locker room shit Obama tried to force down everyone's throat is bullshit. Factually nobody gives a fuck, if someone "passes" they can use the restroom of whatever they pass as. If they don't tough shit. Something like that should have never been legislated. Bathrooms and bedrooms should be outside the reach of federal legislation, and even arguably state legislation. Instead you end up not only with Obama's dumbass mandate but dumbass legislation in response to his dumb mandate. None of these things need exist, and in fact didn't before Obama injected government into bathrooms. That politicians love to manufacture fake wedge issues out of complete bullshit non-issues in order to avoid talking about anything of substance is one of the reasons I hate them.

    Donald Trump to Governors: We’re Giving Power Back to the States
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...r-back-states/
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,056

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    That bathroom, and more broadly, locker room shit Obama tried to force down everyone's throat is bullshit. Factually nobody gives a fuck, if someone "passes" they can use the restroom of whatever they pass as. If they don't tough shit. Something like that should have never been legislated. Bathrooms and bedrooms should be outside the reach of federal legislation, and even arguably state legislation. Instead you end up not only with Obama's dumbass mandate but dumbass legislation in response to his dumb mandate. None of these things need exist, and in fact didn't before Obama injected government into bathrooms. That politicians love to manufacture fake wedge issues out of complete bullshit non-issues in order to avoid talking about anything of substance is one of the reasons I hate them.

    Donald Trump to Governors: We’re Giving Power Back to the States
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...r-back-states/
    Preach brotha, preach!

    ALSO:

    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

  20. #45

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    Fuck, I just love that the salt hasn't ended. Flashback. I knew I saved this webm for a reason.

    http://webm.land/media/0uRl.webm
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,408

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...el-in-keystone

    I'm interested in where this goes. I get that some parts of what he did aren't retroactive, but I wonder if we'll ever find out exactly where that line is where they stopped importing. If they stop at all.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,103

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  23. #48

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump



    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  24. #49

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,056

    Default Re: 1 Week of Trump

    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts