+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: The Trump Presidency

"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post

Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post

Just curious, why do you see this as an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Just curious, why do you see this as an issue?
    My opinion based on what I believe that graph means is that Trump is being unsucessfull of being the 'greatest jobs president ever created by god', or actually making America strong again in terms of positive trade for us. This is with a majority rule by his political party affiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    My opinion based on what I believe that graph means is that Trump is being unsucessfull of being the 'greatest jobs president ever created by god', or actually making America strong again in terms of positive trade for us. This is with a majority rule by his political party affiliation.
    The unemployment rate is lower than since before Obama took office in 2008. In fact its lower than, since before 2007: https://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutpu...me=LN_cpsbref3

So, as far as jobs he is doing pretty well.

Balance of Trade will certainly never be positive for the US. We import everything from bananas to sheep hair. Or wealth is so vast that it cannot be any other way. Weening off of certain imports (like oil for example), will take time. I'm not making excuses for the man, he could very well fail-- I don't understand how decades old trade infrastructure and practices is going to be overcome in 5 months. It's possible I'm missing something though, economics is definitely not a strong area for me.

The unemployment rate is lower than since before Obama took office in 2008. In fact its lower than, since before 2007: https://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutpu...me=LN_cpsbref3

So, as far as jobs he is doing pretty well.

Balance of Trade will certainly never be positive for the US. We import everything from bananas to sheep hair. Or wealth is so vast that it cannot be any other way. Weening off of certain imports (like oil for example), will take time. I'm not making excuses for the man, he could very well fail-- I don't understand how decades old trade infrastructure and practices is going to be overcome in 5 months. It's possible I'm missing something though, economics is definitely not a strong area for me.
    Yea, just throwing my own baseless opinions out there. It just seems to me that even with the majority the good 'ol govt. has not really accomplished anything noteworthy in the last couple months.

I am of the opinion that the more strict Visa (J1/H2B) policies have curbed unemployment by forcing American Biz to hire local rather than abroad. Unfortunately this isn't really an option for the Company I work for since we've already basically exhausted the 'disposable/seasonal' workforce of the area and still need more. We are getting J1's (Poland/Romania/etc) but we certainly have a lot less Jamaican's than I think we usually do. It's a tough sell for the nearby urban populations to travel upwards of 40miles to get paid 10-15$/hr or server pay + tips.

Yea, just throwing my own baseless opinions out there. It just seems to me that even with the majority the good 'ol govt. has not really accomplished anything noteworthy in the last couple months.

I am of the opinion that the more strict Visa (J1/H2B) policies have curbed unemployment by forcing American Biz to hire local rather than abroad. Unfortunately this isn't really an option for the Company I work for since we've already basically exhausted the 'disposable/seasonal' workforce of the area and still need more. We are getting J1's (Poland/Romania/etc) but we certainly have a lot less Jamaican's than I think we usually do. It's a tough sell for the nearby urban populations to travel upwards of 40miles to get paid 10-15$/hr or server pay + tips.
    Do you think that kind of policy is really going to hurt your company down the road?

He's accomplished over 30 of his campaign promises so far. Which in my opinion ain't bad for a guy receiving the kind of establishment push-back he is. At this point he should start having some senators and congress vermin killed. I'm not joking. I would fully support a coup to eliminate the legislature at this point.

"The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Ancient forum member, posting on a new account because I couldn't be bothered to find my old username and get my password reset. I'm probably not going to come back...

-VKhaun: Then fuck off with your shallow rant that assumes you're correct.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 06-28-2017 at 12:19 PM.

Do you think that kind of policy is really going to hurt your company down the road?
    Hurt them?

No.

Lower our level of service?

Yes.

Was just a personal example of how I was viewing it. We'll chug along through the summer, the GM of the resort is seeming to try and return old standards that were cut when current ownership took control of management and cut about 1/3 of 'middle management' positions. Which is also -just beginning- to give them an idea of why there were so many 'middle managers' because they filled in a lot of gaps in departments while knowing about many aspects of the hotel to ensure that level of service. I'll be out of this mess soon enough though.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondDraft View Post
    Ancient forum member, posting on a new account because I couldn't be bothered to find my old username and get my password reset. I'm probably not going to come back...

-VKhaun: Then fuck off with your shallow rant that assumes you're correct.
    Welcome back! What was the old name?
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    Welcome back! What was the old name?
    I didn't even get to read said shallow rant because Vuhkawnda nuked it. By the description Zavon gave me it sounded like Media Matters/ShareBlue vomit, but based on preliminary investigation it is/was probably Paingod.

If you're just going to vomit a bunch of propaganda out and declare your intention to *not* defend any of it, then I'm inclined to agree with VK. Don't poop on the floor unless you plan to stick around and smell it for awhile; it's rude.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    I didn't even get to read said shallow rant because Vuhkawnda nuked it. By the description Zavon gave me it sounded like Media Matters/ShareBlue vomit, but based on preliminary investigation it is/was probably Paingod.

If you're just going to vomit a bunch of propaganda out and declare your intention to *not* defend any of it, then I'm inclined to agree with VK. Don't poop on the floor unless you plan to stick around and smell it for awhile; it's rude.
    The thing that surprises me is I don't remember Paingod (if that's who that is) being such a bitch. I've argued up and down these boards with liberal leaning posters like Phear, Mute, Ziel, Alex, VK (who isn't really a liberal) and they all stuck to their guns and held their own. I don't have a monopoly on truth; just a perspective that I feel is correct. Coming here to post a one off and leaving is about the biggest bitch move I've seen in a while. It tells me that your beliefs don't hold up to scrutiny. It tells me that you are a coward. It tells me that you need an echochamber, because you are weak.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...obal-trade-war

Encouraging news... hope it's true. We'll see.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

I dare you guys to watch this and try not to get a huge boner. YBYL (you boner you lose):

Awesome video! I hope Trump succeeds.

When I was a kid here in Brazil having a "Made in America" label was a sign of a superior quality product only rivaled by "Made in Germany". We don't see "Made in America" anymore....I hope that changes.

Although protectionism has it's economic drawbacks (Brazil is very protectionist,I know what I am talking about*) I don't think the US will reach a level that will made more bad than good, it's hopefully more a balancing out on this uncontrolled free trade globalist crap that mainly empower the ideological enemies of the US

The two risks I see ahead of Trump is:

1) Starting a foolish war (Nkorea or Iran for example)

2) Wall Street collapses that the elites will blame on him

If he can avoid those two it's possible he has the greatest presidency in recent US history (for the common american that is, most of the elites will hate his guts)

* Brazil protectionism at the 80's = We could not import computers or cars (not even components) everything had to be manufactured here, so imagine nowadays paying 10x more for a "dumb" old Nokia phone while in the western world everybody was using Iphones 7s, so it can be taken too far...

TRUMP YES!

The madman fucking done it! He's banned Trans people from the military. GOD BLESS HIM.

Quote Originally Posted by zavon View Post
    trump yes!

The madman fucking done it! He's banned trans people from the military. God bless him.
    trump! Trump! Trump! Trump! Trump!
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon