+ Reply to Thread

Default Advances in game physics

I really liked Age of Conan, not sure if I'll enjoy this one based off of this footage.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

Default Re: Advances in game physics

Surely, surely that cannot be real?
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

This is how you start off in Rust, naked as a jaybird with your dick hanging out.

This is that kinda shit I'm talking about. You can't get up and down hoods in a game but some developer has time to design dick and balls for this game? Game developers are just dumb.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    This is that kinda shit I'm talking about. You can't get up and down hoods in a game but some developer has time to design dick and balls for this game? Game developers are just dumb.
    As opposed to boobs?
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    This is how you start off in Rust, naked as a jaybird with your dick hanging out.
    And it adds nothing at all to the game. In fact, it makes it annoying to play when loot drops because once people have a stronghold they will leap out of it naked to avoid losing anything.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    As opposed to boobs?
    Double standards? Yes, please.

And it adds nothing at all to the game. In fact, it makes it annoying to play when loot drops because once people have a stronghold they will leap out of it naked to avoid losing anything.
    Yeah exactly. I mean how much time was actually devoted to this feature and why? For realism? 10% of the population or more will play the game with no pants on the entire time just because this is there. And you will still be bumping into a bunch of ridiculous names as well. Yeah my neighbor runs around in a pink chainmaille shirt and no pants fighting wolly mammoths but because I have a dick and balls I find the game really immersive.

As I recall the only game that gave us hoods up and down was DAoC.
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

-"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

Yeah exactly. I mean how much time was actually devoted to this feature and why? For realism? 10% of the population or more will play the game with no pants on the entire time just because this is there. And you will still be bumping into a bunch of ridiculous names as well. Yeah my neighbor runs around in a pink chainmaille shirt and no pants fighting wolly mammoths but because I have a dick and balls I find the game really immersive.
    Yup.

RUST players divide the people they see into "Geared" and "Nakeds" because that's literally all there is aside from the occasional geared player who omits pants just to be crude. The whole time (two months?) I played RUST I was pretty much the only person wearing low or mid tier clothing that I ever encountered even after they buffed bone armor. Which was sad because full burlap gear was basically a ninja outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Mars View Post
    FFXIV lets you put up and down the visor on some types of plate-mail, but yeah - DAoC is the only game I;ve seen with a /hood command.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Mars View Post
    Yeah as far as I've played I think it's the only one with an actual /hood option but LotRO got around it by adding hoods as cosmetic head gear that you could equip and dye to make it look like a piece of whatever hoodless cloak you are wearing. The people in SWtOR have been bitching about getting some kind of /hood or cosmetic hood up/down option for years and have gotten it yet to my knowledge.

The /hood option was just one of those things I could pull off the top of my head that developers actually implemented for the players instead of doing something aspergers-ish like this dick and balls shit which is just an outlet for people like Francis, sorry "Fwancis" to radiate their 12 year old mentality.

The gaming industry is going to turn into complete shit if they don't stop hiring people of the xbox live mentality and start hiring some serious professional adults like the original Mythic team that put their own money/resources into making DAoC and many of the other developers that didn't feel the need to include dick 'n balls and autism spectrum lulz into their games.

You speak as if Asperger and MMOs went together. ;-|

Yup.

RUST players divide the people they see into "Geared" and "Nakeds" because that's literally all there is aside from the occasional geared player who omits pants just to be crude. The whole time (two months?) I played RUST I was pretty much the only person wearing low or mid tier clothing that I ever encountered even after they buffed boner armor. Which was sad because full burlap gear was basically a ninja outfit.
    FTFY