+ Reply to Thread

Default African slave trade

Last edited by Sillywilly; 02-04-2017 at 09:09 PM.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Default Re: African slave trade

Pretty sure everyone is well aware of all that. We still hear about child soldiers and forced labor in Africa all the time.

Shitty places are shitty places.

I'm not sure you can make an argument that some particular skin color of people "invented" slavery. I'm pretty sure every culture had slaves, though we may have whitewashed some histories more than others. No pun intended.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    Pretty sure everyone is well aware of all that. We still hear about child soldiers and forced labor in Africa all the time.

I'm not sure you can make an argument that some particular skin color of people "invented" slavery. I'm pretty sure every culture had slaves, though we may have whitewashed some histories more than others. No pun intended.
    Yeah I figured most here knew it, even if a few like Mute would probably choose to live in denial about it lol. I thought the reactions of the blacks when hearing it/finding out about it was interesting. I especially liked how he said "the story we were told of children about a white man leaping out of the bushes with a net" (paraphrased).
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post

There are a lot of SJW's that I've seen with a revisionist version of history, wherein all the evils of the world were brought forth by colonization. You don't even have to go that far, there are afrocentrist groups with the whole "WE WUZ KANGS" that are teaching others in the black community the same shit.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

And anybody with a halfway decent education, black or white, knows that these idiots are just that. Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    There are a lot of SJW's that I've seen with a revisionist version of history, wherein all the evils of the world were brought forth by colonization. You don't even have to go that far, there are afrocentrist groups with the whole "WE WUZ KANGS" that are teaching others in the black community the same shit.
    Yeah I encountered that one on facebook recently by a guy I had always hoped was more intelligent than that. I also came across some youtube videos centered along a new claim by the black people. Apparently true "African Americans" were here before whites, they are the true "native americans". The videos show pictures of the darkest native Africans and compare them to lighter skinned African-Americans and try to claim that slavery isn't how blacks got to America but that they were already here when white people came.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    And anybody with a halfway decent education, black or white, knows that these idiots are just that. Idiots.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. There's quite a few black people I had respect for that have come out of the closet lately with their belief in AIDS was invented to kill black people, the "we wuz kangs" theory Zavon is talking about and more. These are people with 4 year degrees in various fields who are professionals in the area that I knew them. I think a lot of people are still under the impression that slavery was invading white people with nets simply because nothing in modern day history class at the high school nor the college level states any differently. Of course it varies from university to university and professor to professor but I had a history teacher that was a complete dick in college who denied any wrong doing by the blacks from past to present and did his utmost best to make white people look like the only race on the planet that has ever committed evil. He was a short, bald, early 30s white guy with glasses that looked like he stole the lenses from Hubble. No where at any time in that history course did he state that blacks were capturing blacks. I knew the fact and was waiting to see how he would address it and he simply said "You've heard that blacks took slaves....not even comparable. Not even remotely comparable on scale or atrocity". Hell not only was he misrepresenting but he was practically flip flopping the truth. There were far more blacks put into slavery by blacks than all the other races combined. The whites, Muslims, etc where just buying the excesses in effect.
    Last edited by Sillywilly; 02-05-2017 at 10:31 AM.

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/29719/
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

I mean... nothing either of you posted discredits what I said. Idiots be idiots.

You can lead a sheep to water but you can't force it to drink. This is basically what Public Education has become.

Parents lead their kids (sheep) to go to school, but they can't force them to take in the knowledge available.

It's probably 30minutes or less (random guess of averages) of education that actually touches on the issue of the slave trade and overseas routes, so if Johnny Dimwit doesn't care to internalize that knowledge they'll remain blissfully ignorant of it and make decisions accordingly.

I mean... nothing either of you posted discredits what I said. Idiots be idiots.

You can lead a sheep to water but you can't force it to drink. This is basically what Public Education has become.

Parents lead their kids (sheep) to go to school, but they can't force them to take in the knowledge available.

It's probably 30minutes or less (random guess of averages) of education that actually touches on the issue of the slave trade and overseas routes, so if Johnny Dimwit doesn't care to internalize that knowledge they'll remain blissfully ignorant of it and make decisions accordingly.
    You made the assertion that believing a (maybe grossly) factually incorrect history would be cured by a "halfway decent education". Silly and I offered evidence that education does not fix this problem. In fact, there was even a professor at Berkeley that was caught teaching college students that America invented the slave trade (about a year or so back, iirc).

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    Yeah I figured most here knew it, even if a few like Mute would probably choose to live in denial about it lol. I thought the reactions of the blacks when hearing it/finding out about it was interesting. I especially liked how he said "the story we were told of children about a white man leaping out of the bushes with a net" (paraphrased).

Awww, its cute you were thinking of me <3

Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    Awww, its cute you were thinking of me <3
    Yeah I figured you were kinda like my history professor, hates white people because they wouldn't go to the prom with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    Yeah I figured you were kinda like my history professor, hates white people because they wouldn't go to the prom with you.