+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: This Man's Star Citizen

Origin ships are beautiful, I wants them all. That 85X would probably be fun as hell to have but doesn't serve much of a purpose unless it can fit inside another ship and can be used like a Dragonfly, ground or air.

I wonder if they will allow fuel scooping mods, because a lot of them are all about that long distance travel. I was pondering yesterday how many systems are not going to have fueling stations and how far they might be from systems that do.

I want the Merchantman to be modded to the point that you can turn the bazaar in the middle into chop shops. Come in, come in, for a small feel I will install your cybernetic eye, fix broken limbs and it will all be under the table. Want a new identity? We can do it. Sell us your smuggled goods!

Do you like basghetti?

I knew, ever since that day, the reason you had approached me, tender and soft, that my body is to your taste. To your hunger stricken eyes, how does my body seem? If you are to eat me, do it in one blow, so that the meat does not get hard. - Menchi, The Emergency Ration

The 600 is looking better. I distinctly remember it having an undersized power plant which confused me, but it's got a large now and two medium shields. It's still a very big target for it's stats though, and I don't see anything remarkable about it. Still confused by the five-person solo ship. I'm curious what would happen if my Cutlass got to start the fight and went after one guns blazing.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    The 600 is looking better. I distinctly remember it having an undersized power plant which confused me, but it's got a large now and two medium shields. It's still a very big target for it's stats though, and I don't see anything remarkable about it. Still confused by the five-person solo ship. I'm curious what would happen if my Cutlass got to start the fight and went after one guns blazing.
    The 600i is a fancy Connie. They basically said as much on the stream. It's faster, it has better quality components, but it punches in the same weight class. Unless the pilot was a drooling herp-derp you'd probably have a bad time.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    The 600i is a fancy Connie. They basically said as much on the stream. It's faster, it has better quality components, but it punches in the same weight class. Unless the pilot was a drooling herp-derp you'd probably have a bad time.
    Yeah, the three S5's plus one turret facing me at any given time would probably not be a brawl I could win. It's still in a weird place though because it's MUCH larger than a connie. It's over triple the mass of an Aquilla and much larger in all dimensions.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

It has fuel scoops. I see it as a luxury, very far traveling, science vehicle. It is probably the ship you want to take to go to the outer reaches of systems and find things. That is if you pick the exploration module.

The other module is for passenger travel, which would be nice for missions where they want you to transport fancy peoples. I see where they both have good purpose but I don't know how many people want to be a traveling yacht for rich bitches.

Do you like basghetti?

I knew, ever since that day, the reason you had approached me, tender and soft, that my body is to your taste. To your hunger stricken eyes, how does my body seem? If you are to eat me, do it in one blow, so that the meat does not get hard. - Menchi, The Emergency Ration

Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    It has fuel scoops. I see it as a luxury, very far traveling, science vehicle. It is probably the ship you want to take to go to the outer reaches of systems and find things. That is if you pick the exploration module.

The other module is for passenger travel, which would be nice for missions where they want you to transport fancy peoples. I see where they both have good purpose but I don't know how many people want to be a traveling yacht for rich bitches.
    I don't know if Origin will ever do a "freighter" of any kind. Maybe it's just not their style, and that's too bad. This is a fancy Aquila, but I wish they had a fancy Andromeda. I'd be very interested in a fancy Andromeda.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Got the PTU running.

New cutlass is everything I've dreamed of. Simple, direct, new bunk bed area behind the cockpit, separated from the cargo hold. <3

For some reason it won't let me freefly a Nox. I was able to spawn one on Crusader but Crusader is unplayable. I get ~1 FPS despite excellent performance in free-fly. Spawning it was only slightly better than seeing a screenshot.

EDIT---
    Got a Nox spawned. YUCK. Super drifty. Dragonfly is much more to my liking. Seems in general I like Anvil and Drake, and dislike Origin and MISC.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 11-28-2017 at 01:55 AM.

Got the PTU running.

New cutlass is everything I've dreamed of. Simple, direct, new bunk bed area behind the cockpit, separated from the cargo hold. <3

For some reason it won't let me freefly a Nox. I was able to spawn one on Crusader but Crusader is unplayable. I get ~1 FPS despite excellent performance in free-fly. Spawning it was only slightly better than seeing a screenshot.

EDIT---
    Got a Nox spawned. YUCK. Super drifty. Dragonfly is much more to my liking. Seems in general I like Anvil and Drake, and dislike Origin and MISC.
    Yeah, 3.0 has terrible performance issues right now. Not gonna really be able to do much in there until they are fixed. The max FPS I've had in 3.0 is 21. That's barely good enough to fly a space ship, and definitely not good enough for combat. That was also short lived (5 mins) and quickly dropped back into <5 fps territory.

Supposed to be a patch today, but I didn't see the performance issue being fixed in the notes, so honestly I don't know why they'd bother. Without resolving that issue it's like Weekend at Bernie's. Propping up a dead guy.

The salt is real with the land claims, its funny.

I never want to own land for more than to grab the rights so we can sell it (like minerals/mines). Merchantman is home, it could be in an episode of pimp cribs.

Do you like basghetti?

I never want to own land for more than to grab the rights so we can sell it (like minerals/mines). Merchantman is home, it could be in an episode of pimp cribs.
    Same. I don't plan to put down roots.

I'm trying to get better at flying now that 3.0 is out and, hopefully, they've committed to everything this far so it won't change too much. I thought I was doing pretty good with the combat but my first race mode lap with the fancy new Cutlass was like five minutes long and I died twice. >.<

Something about 100% throttle makes the Cutlass fucky. I went to 50% and inched it up, but it was still rock solid with very little drift at 85%. I took a break at that point but I'm going back now to see what's up. Maybe 99% is still solid and 100% changes something about it's thrusters.

Before I quit I tried the Nox again fresh. Still yuck. Drifty as hell even at 50% and while acceleration is good it doesn't slow down well enough to change speeds for manuevering/sprinting, so what's the point? Unless you're just trying to go over flat, empty ground as fast as possible while carrying nothing I don't see why you'd use a Nox. Hope I like the X1 but it's no biggie. The bike pack was always for LTI upgrading later. I don't expect it will be that hard to get basic vehicles like a Dragonfly in-game.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 11-28-2017 at 05:55 PM.

When the patch goes live tonight that fixes arena commander, we are going to play a bunch. I want to test all the ships and see how they feel. You should join us.

Edit: By arena commander I mean Vanduul Swarm or the new pirate AI one.
    Last edited by Aeinna; 11-28-2017 at 06:03 PM.

Do you like basghetti?

When the patch goes live tonight that fixes arena commander, we are going to play a bunch. I want to test all the ships and see how they feel. You should join us.

Edit: By arena commander I mean Vanduul Swarm or the new pirate AI one.
    Cool. Hit me up on steam.

Right now it's telling me it can't connect so I ASSume that's the patch downtime?

Cool. Hit me up on steam.

Right now it's telling me it can't connect so I ASSume that's the patch downtime?
    It's entertaining to watch Reddit go full retard over this land claim thing. From the beginning CiG has been like, "we'll sell UEC", and everyone goes, "Oh, that makes sense, no Chinese farmers." As long as you buy UEC (with real money) and buy an item in game that's fine. However, if you skip the conversion process and buy the item directly with cash without converting it to UEC first, that's pay to win.

The logic pains me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    It's entertaining to watch Reddit go full retard over this land claim thing. From the beginning CiG has been like, "we'll sell UEC", and everyone goes, "Oh, that makes sense, no Chinese farmers." As long as you buy UEC (with real money) and buy an item in game that's fine. However, if you skip the conversion process and buy the item directly with cash without converting it to UEC first, that's pay to win.

The logic pains me.
    Can't imagine the illusion will last... I mean in the end it won't make sense to have two store fronts. I would imagine it will be like every other game where you just buy UEC as the premium currency and then buy things like land claims for X-amount of UEC.

Okay, the Origin 300 series makes a lot more sense in race mode. At full throttle it feels like the track was specifically designed for it. Like I can just turn with my mouse and the track fits the turn radius/drift of it like a glove. This is kinda biasing me to feel like it "performs" well but at the same time it's the track I was judging the other ships on. The 300 is going right where I point it and it's doing it fast. Might consider the 315p after I see the rework.

I wants to play but my fps is so damn bad, the only thing that makes sense is the new Nvidia drivers, might have to go back to the old ones.

Do you like basghetti?

Okay, I take back what I said about the Nox.

Apparently 3.0 is, for some reason, defaulting my ships to sometimes start with landing gear down. This apparently makes their controls go super drifty. I guess from the thrusters being used differently in landing mode?

I tried the Nox again when I realized this and with the landing gear raised like they should be, it's a really sexy ride. It has a very motorcycle-like feel, where if you turn it compensates to prevent drift and makes this er-er-er-er noise almost like drag from a tire. It does not corner well, losing a lot of speed when turning and then accelerating again. It likes easy turns. At 90% throttle I can run the race course effortlessly with just my mouse, with room to improve by accelerating and decelerating manually if I want to get technical. The afterburner is bonkers though, I wouldn't ever do more than tap it to recover speed within the limits of an arena commander sim like the racing area. On a wide open planet like a desert I bet it's good for point A to point B though LOL.

I CCU'd the P72 I was holding onto for an LTI token into a Mustang Beta. The revamp looks sweet and even before it the ship was extremely cozy. I hope the patch today unfucks the PTU framerates a little bit.

Wow... Now aware of the stupid landing gear defaulting on all the time everything feels a lot better in 3.0. I almost never have to go uncoupled mode now. Even the Constellations feel responsive and I'm not worried about going near asteroids and such. Still not a fan of the Freelancer space bus' style, but it flies really nice now and you were right about the weapons in PvE. Whatever they put on that sucker they wreck whatever you point them at. My old favorite the Vanguard is really nice too. It's guns are still backwards though. The four light laser guns are fixed, and the big gattling gun that sucks at shooting small targets is on a gimbal. I can't imagine what they were thinking.

I enjoy the new missile system. Very satisfying feel, which is surprising for the subtle effects at long distances in space. I have so far avoided pure military craft and focused on cargo+dakka, but if I ever do get a military ship I want some oversized missiles.

EDIT--
    NM... cutlass wins again... my S2 missiles are on S4 racks. Can easily swap out the 4x442's for 4x414's.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 11-29-2017 at 08:13 PM.

Some of the new 3.0 soundtrack is so fucking good.

Theory/thought (?) crafting last night:

The cool shit they could add to this game and how far they will go makes my imagination go crazy. There is a system that has a black hole instead of a sun. Can you imagine how dark it would be? Picturing jumping into and being able to see nothing. What if you could see just the outline of something floating by your cockpit. What if it knocks into your ship? What if your sensors and controls go wonky?

What if you find a planet in an unexplored system that has ruins depicting rituals to "old gods" and you can even document what they did? What if you could even try to do it yourself? You get npc's, who is to say you can't do other stuff with them?

There is going to be around (right now) 50 unexplored systems. They are adding prison gameplay for criminals and the Banu are known slave traders, its a pretty good assumption they are going to add you getting captured as a slave too, eventually. Fucking imagine finding a jump point to a system that has a race of aliens that have conquered their system but don't have jump drives yet. What if they weren't friendly? What if they were slave traders? What if you going their triggered them learning how to make jump drives because they took your equipment and a new alien race is introduced?

The stuff they could do is mind blowing and I really hope they go that extra step to make events like those happen.

Marou found sound files for music boxes that play christmas music, one of them sounds broken. Why? Where would you find a broken music box? Sometimes I hype myself up, which is generally a bad idea.

Do you like basghetti?

Omg they actually said the word “space pickup truck “ on the stream. I about died when the Kraken started winning but the Vulture is making a comeback!

It is winning by 4% but there is still over a week for voting. I'm not a Drake fan, so I don't care overly much but I did vote for the Vulture.

Watching a steam of someone in 3.0 doing a mission by a derelict ship and dead bodies are floating around, its dark as shit inside the torn up ship, so damn cool. I tried watching some Elite, to see where it has come from when we last played. One hour, 5 streamers, they did nothing but scoop fuel and travel around. Five minutes into SC and dead bodies are floating across the screen.

Do you like basghetti?

It is winning by 4% but there is still over a week for voting. I'm not a Drake fan, so I don't care overly much but I did vote for the Vulture.

Watching a steam of someone in 3.0 doing a mission by a derelict ship and dead bodies are floating around, its dark as shit inside the torn up ship, so damn cool. I tried watching some Elite, to see where it has come from when we last played. One hour, 5 streamers, they did nothing but scoop fuel and travel around. Five minutes into SC and dead bodies are floating across the screen.
    Yeah, sucks that the core gameplay loop is so un-engaging in Elite. It'd be nice to be able to play something to feed the SC craving while waiting for 3.0 to get more stable/playable.