+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: This Man's Star Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    Finished upgrading our puters, got Star Citizen running at a smooth 20 fps, with almost no dips. They are really trying to get it fixed it seems like so they can push to live before Christmas.

Not going to happen I think.
    Well, the fact that we're getting around 20FPS with our new builds says all that needs to be said about how jacked up it is right now.

-=Specs=-
    CPU: Ryzen 7 1800X 8 core 16 thread @ 3.6Ghz (water cooled)
    GFX: eVga 1080GTX FTW (water cooled hybrid)
    RAM: 16GB Corsair DDR4 PC3200
    IO: Samsung Evo m.2 PCIE SSD (3GBPS read)
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...VIP-Early-Bird

My heart jumped and I thought it was the VULTURE already. It took me half the video before I let go. T_T

Too many people for me. If I want a day job I'll put a med bay in the cutlass and rob- I mean "rescue" people for money. All of their money.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Soon.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

I love the Cutlass rework when it's at 100% repair, but in AC I quickly get frustrated because as it takes damage it tends to lose the main engines and thrusters first, vs flying the Hornet where I would lose weapons and still fly just fine. I see the same thing shooting at an NPC pirate cutlass, where they always end up disabled and I have to come over and shoot at a sitting target. It's a ganker or bully, not a brawler.

Prob need a mini cutlass for PvE. Saw a rumor on reddit that the Avenger series may shift to a two person design.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

3.1.0 went live 3/31, last day of Q1. Just under the wire.

Update 3.2 just came out. Checking to see if performance is still ass; if it is the rest of the changes (mining, etc) don't matter to me.

/edit: Playable for me now. SSD 960 Evo, Ryzen 7 1800X, 32GB PC3200 Ram, GTX 1080 (8GB - OC'd, Watercooled). Get around 30-35 fps with or without vsync on.

New ship concept, I want it but totally don't need it. Would rather pick up a thousand rounds of 9mm ammo at this point, but will probably end up with this at some point.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/p...ry-Star-Runner

Nice smuggling vessel, data and cargo capacity with nice interior. Little light on armament, probably have to load it up with sucker punches and try to just outrun things.

Idk... 2xM coolers... is that normal for its size? might just be pidgin holed into using really hot guns, ending up with similar heat and FPS to its weight class. Not trying to compare ships on my tiny phone screen.

Upgraded to the new Mercury, don't plan on keeping it but the only ship I want is either a mid sized Origin or hopefully a mid sized Banu. Either of which is going to cost around 220 to 250, so now I have almost enough in my one ship, that it will be a small price jump. I'd like to see a Mid Banu made that can be attached to the Merchantman. We will probably very rarely be playing alone and I'd like something to compliment Marou's ship.

We played all day yesterday and they are doing good things. Had two crashes and while there where still many bugs, it played great. We had fun doing the most boring shit, like cargo missions. We tried mining, something I don't think we will spend hardly any time doing.

I wonder how many people will be able to do evac, because if you run into someone or something, it sends you spinning. I could see it being very nauseating for many. Even got rammed by an npc in my Mercury placement holder (freelancer) and we went flying in circles. Thankfully that doesn't seem to bug either of us but we got two friends who backed the game and it makes them very dizzy, to the point of not being able to play.

Looking forward to 3.3.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

Finally went to derelict Javelin.

In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

Freelancer for scale.

I just saw where this game has raised over 200 million in crowd funding? Making it like one of the top 5 most funded games of all time along with SWtOR and a few others.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    I just saw where this game has raised over 200 million in crowd funding? Making it like one of the top 5 most funded games of all time along with SWtOR and a few others.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

Doing okay for themselves selling the dream of the all-the-things video game. They're doing okay with demos and graphics IMO. Still keeping the ceiling on my spending though. The real challenges are going to be technical.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

Doing okay for themselves selling the dream of the all-the-things video game. They're doing okay with demos and graphics IMO. Still keeping the ceiling on my spending though. The real challenges are going to be technical.
    I feel like they solved one of the big ones with OCS and Network Bind Culling. Simulating a whole planet is 3D (rather than smaller moons) is no small accomplishment - I wasn't sure they'd be able to do it. Hurston is impressive.