+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: This Man's Star Citizen

Origin 600i announcement. $375 w/LTI. Lots of different Origin-related LTI packs.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/m...-Optimised.pdf
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...hony-In-Motion

TBH I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. It's reasonably well armed but it's default loadout is energy weapons while it's covered in tons of undersized engines being run off an undersized power plant supplying two undersized shields. It's squishier than a cutlass black and carries less cargo, while being a huge, round computer mouse shaped target. It's also a 5-person ship that only seats three, and has automated turrets?

What is the market here? One asshole playing safe PvE content while four people goof off and play Star Trek?

Here are the ship pages (since once again they only link to the shop pages, IDK why they do that...) but for now the stats are identical except the explorer has 36 cargo rather than 16 for the touring (Cutlass Black = 33 in a ship of less than half this size).
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/p...-600i-Explorer
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/p...n-600i-Touring
    Last edited by VKhaun; 08-25-2017 at 04:34 PM.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    Origin 600i announcement. $375 w/LTI. Lots of different Origin-related LTI packs.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/m...-Optimised.pdf
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...hony-In-Motion

TBH I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. It's reasonably well armed but it's default loadout is energy weapons while it's covered in tons of undersized engines being run off an undersized power plant supplying two undersized shields. It's squishier than a cutlass black and carries less cargo, while being a huge, round computer mouse shaped target. It's also a 5-person ship that only seats three, and has automated turrets?

What is the market here? One asshole playing safe PvE content while four people goof off and play Star Trek?

Here are the ship pages (since once again they only link to the shop pages, IDK why they do that...) but for now the stats are identical except the explorer has 36 cargo rather than 16 for the touring (Cutlass Black = 33 in a ship of less than half this size).
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/p...-600i-Explorer
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/p...n-600i-Touring
    Obviously this is the ship for people that want to roleplay as a trust fund baby in space.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    Obviously this is the ship for people that want to roleplay as a trust fund baby in space.
    Still a gorgeous ship. I would pilot it, just to zip around in. The Origin ships I tested out all felt fast and sleek and this probably is fun to fly.

Where is PTU at anyway? I have been ignoring my weekly emails.

Do you like basghetti?

I knew, ever since that day, the reason you had approached me, tender and soft, that my body is to your taste. To your hunger stricken eyes, how does my body seem? If you are to eat me, do it in one blow, so that the meat does not get hard. - Menchi, The Emergency Ration

Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    Where is PTU at anyway? I have been ignoring my weekly emails.
    Same. I figure between the comm links and reddit I'll know when it's worth coming back.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Same. I figure between the comm links and reddit I'll know when it's worth coming back.
    I'm under the impression the whole project is stuck in development hell right now. While I've little doubt something resembling a game will eventually get released they need to get someone high up in the project that is less creative and more contentious. They keep welding new shit on an unstable foundation they are never gonna finish.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

There's a third personal transport coming out now. The Origin X1.

It didn't immediately seem useful to me because it's presented as a flat-out racer that didn't seem terribly useful, especially on the crazy terrain we've seen for most planets. It has no cargo space, the weakest weapons and cannot carry a passenger. However, Bored Gamer on youtube made a great point. The Force variant promises to allow the user to equip two shield mods. As the game gets fleshed out this could allow it to defend itself against multiple weapon types, or against both weapons and some environmental hazard at the same time, or double down on protection against some really crazy environmental hazard. At very least, it would make the fastest "bike" style ship also the tankiest vs small arms.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/p...rigin-X1-FORCE

3.0 finally going to PTU.

After some saying Star Citizen backers act like cultists someone on twitch did this. I laughed.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BrainyObeseNewtShadyLulu

Short list:

Missions, cargo management, planetary landings, item system 2.0, basic trading, internal system mgmt, body stuff improved (air, heart-rate, stamina, injuries, etc), improved criminal system, realistic body rotations, day night cycles, AI life sim shit/schedules, etc.

Played some Vanduul Swarm in the Freelancer, not bad but not really for me anymore. Melted it back to the Aurora and bought the new Hawk with LTI. I don't want the Hawk but now anything I turn that into will have LTI. I really want an Origin's 4 or 500 series. The Freelancer is too much like a truck, I want something sleeker but bigger than the 300's and smaller than the new 600's. Tomorrow they are announcing a classified ship from Aegis and one from Outland Tuesday.

Do you like basghetti?

I knew, ever since that day, the reason you had approached me, tender and soft, that my body is to your taste. To your hunger stricken eyes, how does my body seem? If you are to eat me, do it in one blow, so that the meat does not get hard. - Menchi, The Emergency Ration

Played some Vanduul Swarm in the Freelancer, not bad but not really for me anymore. Melted it back to the Aurora and bought the new Hawk with LTI. I don't want the Hawk but now anything I turn that into will have LTI. I really want an Origin's 4 or 500 series. The Freelancer is too much like a truck, I want something sleeker but bigger than the 300's and smaller than the new 600's. Tomorrow they are announcing a classified ship from Aegis and one from Outland Tuesday.
    In the same boat.

Hawk looks like a really fun option with well rounded stats and the bounty hunting thing. Upgrading a Nox to a Hawk with store credit.

Not loving the freelancer, and very happy with the cutlass. I am going to melt a bunch of stuff that was going to serve as alternates to the cutlass and maybe upgrade my freelancer to something big.

In the same boat.

Hawk looks like a really fun option with well rounded stats and the bounty hunting thing. Upgrading a Nox to a Hawk with store credit.

Not loving the freelancer, and very happy with the cutlass. I am going to melt a bunch of stuff that was going to serve as alternates to the cutlass and maybe upgrade my freelancer to something big.
    The Cutlass has been revamped too, looking pretty sexy. I just hope they work out some way to add the bunk back in there. Not being able to log out in space is a drag.

I also picked up a Hawk but I intend to upgrade it to the Banu Defender on Sunday. I'd like to grab a Cyclone RN too that same day. Maybe melt my Reliant Sen, re-buy my P72 Archimedes w/cash ($30), and cross chassis that into the Cyclone with store credit.

Ultimately I'm looking for stuff I can park in my house boat. I know the Cyclone will park in there pretty easy and make planet stuff better (the RN has a mineral/land scanner on it). I have no good or valid reason for wanting the Banu Defender, I just really want it (EMP missiles are smexy).

We should do a round of Vanduul Swarm mang, I think we have loaner Hornets. I want some Rec for test shipping.

Do you like basghetti?

We should do a round of Vanduul Swarm mang, I think we have loaner Hornets. I want some Rec for test shipping.
    That nigga probably on 3.0 already.

Lack Friday = Crazy town at work otherwise I would be on some 3.0 right now. Ya

They have an Observer Test on the front page right now, asking you to identify ships from their shape. Took it 5 minutes ago, still loading for results. Have a feeling I didn't do so well.

Turned my Hawk into Hornet Wildfire, that ship is a huge fucking no. The size 3 front weapons are fixed and the turret weapons are gimballed. There is no way ever to make them line up at the same time, (unless you are super fighter god), so you use lasers to take down shields and then the other ones to tear through the ship. It was a pain in the ass. Upgraded the Wildfire to a Super Hornet, have a feeling there is going to be a lot of ship melting this week.
    Last edited by Aeinna; 11-25-2017 at 12:03 PM.

Do you like basghetti?

Turned my Hawk into Hornet Wildfire, that ship is a huge fucking no. The size 3 front weapons are fixed and the turret weapons are gimballed. There is no way ever to make them line up at the same time, (unless you are super fighter god), so you use lasers to take down shields and then the other ones to tear through the ship. It was a pain in the ass. Upgraded the Wildfire to a Super Hornet, have a feeling there is going to be a lot of ship melting this week.
    You mean the buccaneer? I never understood that ship. You'd pretty much have to just lock the gimbals all the time. Maybe they intended it to attack multiple target types, but that doesn't really fit with something with so little tank.

You mean the buccaneer? I never understood that ship. You'd pretty much have to just lock the gimbals all the time. Maybe they intended it to attack multiple target types, but that doesn't really fit with something with so little tank.

Dude, I said the Wildfire because I meant the Wildfire, I didn't just pull a name out of my ass. Sorry, I am in a bad god damn mood because you don't ever fucking buy computer chairs without sitting in them first, fucking FUCK. /Angry rant

Wildfire

Do you like basghetti?

Hawk brochure lists plans for two variants. One with +2 scatter guns and one with -2 guns and stealthiness.

PTU is broken as fuck right now (server/netcode wise); I think the servers start out alright and then just gradually degrade until they crater, perhaps a memory leak or something. A value also seems to be set wrong with maneuvering thrusters, they're way stronger than they should be. As a result I can't even fuck around in PTU Arena commander while universe is busted. Managed to lose 2 ships and I've never even made it away from Port Olisar. They should probably give infinite aUEC during PTU (or make insurance expedite cost 0). I understand they want to balance mission and trading rewards vs costs but that can't really be done when 99% of deaths are lag/glitch related.

Probably gonna be a good few weeks (at least) before this thing hits stable.

Boo, can't CCU ships into land vehicles. I suppose I'll just wait until they concept a new one @ $55 or less and CCU it into what I want next year or something.

Nothing interesting in the list today. Was hoping for the step up from the Khartu Al Scout since I seem to remember some concept art floating around for a bigger ship in that style, but I don't see anything new at all.

For some reason I thought you couldn't melt your original game package... Thanks to Marou's intervention I melted my original pack that had been a Cutlass upgraded to the Freelancer DUR that I hated, and got the Aurora+Squadron 42 pack. Best part was finding out that by melting it the pack was actually worth significantly more store credit than the Freelancer DUR would have been in a ship upgrade. Even after paying for the Aurora pack and getting Squadron 42 I still have about the same total store credit upgrading an LTI Nox that I had upgrading a 6mo Freelancer DUR.

We are both keeping our Aurora because you wont have the starting money to fly the bigger ships we want and have. We had the discussion last night about how long is it going to take to get enough credit just for gas for the Merchant Man. I'm probably going to end up with the Origin 600 exploration, its not half as big as I thought and seems perfect for sciency stuff, since Marou got rid of his Reliant.

Granted, that is far away but it is a thought you need to have.

Do you like basghetti?

Nothing interesting in the list today. Was hoping for the step up from the Khartu Al Scout since I seem to remember some concept art floating around for a bigger ship in that style, but I don't see anything new at all.

For some reason I thought you couldn't melt your original game package... Thanks to Marou's intervention I melted my original pack that had been a Cutlass upgraded to the Freelancer DUR that I hated, and got the Aurora+Squadron 42 pack. Best part was finding out that by melting it the pack was actually worth significantly more store credit than the Freelancer DUR would have been in a ship upgrade. Even after paying for the Aurora pack and getting Squadron 42 I still have about the same total store credit upgrading an LTI Nox that I had upgrading a 6mo Freelancer DUR.
    They are supposed to be having some discounted starter game packs on the December 1st. You might be able to reclaim even more store credit when that's present.

We are both keeping our Aurora because you wont have the starting money to fly the bigger ships we want and have. We had the discussion last night about how long is it going to take to get enough credit just for gas for the Merchant Man. I'm probably going to end up with the Origin 600 exploration, its not half as big as I thought and seems perfect for sciency stuff, since Marou got rid of his Reliant.

Granted, that is far away but it is a thought you need to have.
    Word. I still really want “space car” for this. Cargo, dakka and direct access from space instead of multiple animations to do each thing. Dragonfly seems the only example so far but it’s a bit small and can’t jump around a system iirc.

Any rumors about the classified stuff on Tuesday?
    Last edited by VKhaun; 11-26-2017 at 10:02 PM.

The dragonfly I thought was basically a flying land vehicle, it isn't meant for anything more than zooming around a planet. The closest thing to space cars so far are Origin and MISC ships. Maybe one day a smaller Banu Merchant will come out and that would be what you want and actually really cool. Makes sense too because the Banu are all about those goods and trades.

The only rumor I have heard about the classified sale on Tuesday is people wondering if its Estate instead of ship.

Do you like basghetti?

The dragonfly I thought was basically a flying land vehicle, it isn't meant for anything more than zooming around a planet. The closest thing to space cars so far are Origin and MISC ships. Maybe one day a smaller Banu Merchant will come out and that would be what you want and actually really cool. Makes sense too because the Banu are all about those goods and trades.

The only rumor I have heard about the classified sale on Tuesday is people wondering if its Estate instead of ship.
    I don't think anyone would buy something like that. I'm hoping it's a new land vehicle. Cause then I could buy it and CCU it into a Cyclone if I didn't want it.

Re: Lancer sized general purpose ship from the Banu - something like a space Junk that could run a little cargo and a noodle shop would fit right in. Not all of them can be rich enough to afford a Merchantman.