+ Reply to Thread

Default GamesWorkshop to Add Steampunk Race

A new race of bearded steampunks that feature design elements such as copper, bronze and gold colored metals, metal-heavy construction, advanced magitech with orbs and bearded toughguy cameos. They're calling them sky dwarves, but they just scream Dwemer from tES to me.

I don't usually say anything because I don't play it but I'm really not a fan of where they've gone with WH:Fantasy game. Should have stuck with knights and orcs and skeletons and lizardmen. This new stuff for "Age of Sigmar" should have been it's own game, with the huge models and full armor and futuristic guns all over the place. It's also forced them to scale up the other races with stupid shit like Dryad Mech Suits. These guys look cool. I like the nautical elements, but imagine them flying around some gigantic evil undead lord thing straight out of D3? The game has lost it's scale. Instead of soldiers and siege engines and mages, it's like Godzilla vs Mothra cramed in a football stadium where they're each considered to be on one of the teams playing around their feet.

They're doing some of the same stuff in 40k, but I don't mind it there. Everyone has deathrays and can call orbital strikes or some such. The big units don't look as out of place and if you don't want to use the big units yourself you can just bring an extra one or two hard counters with the points which won't look out of place either.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...0233-113207669
    Last edited by VKhaun; 03-15-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.