+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Default Re: When Social Justice Goes Wrong

Alison Chablez 'Survivors'

This British woman was just imprisoned for this song, not news as far as I know.

"The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

I wonder what Ziel thinks about this.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

I dunno, but he probably couldn't tell us without risking prison if it's anything other than "Gaol that bigoted bitch." To her credit, I enjoyed the song.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

That new law is pretty asinine. Worse than the patriot act. If we deem it terroism in nature you can be jailed for association.

Skirts are cool, boys are told: School bans shorts in summer in favour of 'gender neutral' uniform policy
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rm-policy.html

Best recap I've seen of the last few years.

The remake of Death Wish just went up for rental.

Of all the movies they could make anti-gun, I can't believe they did it with this one. I'm listening to Bruce Willis talk to a detective, and the detective is saying gangs are using AR-15's to shoot 14 people at a time. Whenever he travels it shows this mini-montage of city footage, plays ominous music and a mix of overlapping TV, radio and police radio clips about shootings and crime statistics. The origin story even includes the police saying the robbery was probably motivated by the criminals looking for firearms to steal because they're easy to sell.

Walks into gun store and some flippant bubble head is ready with a monologue about how easy it is to get a gun. When he goes back later he legally buys a FULL AUTO integrally suppressed SBS on the spot.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 06-05-2018 at 05:11 AM.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    The remake of Death Wish just went up for rental.

Of all the movies they could make anti-gun, I can't believe they did it with this one. I'm listening to Bruce Willis talk to a detective, and the detective is saying gangs are using AR-15's to shoot 14 people at a time. Whenever he travels it shows this mini-montage of city footage, plays ominous music and a mix of overlapping TV, radio and police radio clips about shootings and crime statistics. The origin story even includes the police saying the robbery was probably motivated by the criminals looking for firearms to steal because they're easy to sell.

Walks into gun store and some flippant bubble head is ready with a monologue about how easy it is to get a gun. When he goes back later he legally buys a FULL AUTO integrally suppressed SBS on the spot.
    So, they fucked up death wish. I'm not surprised. This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    So, they fucked up death wish. I'm not surprised. This is why we can't have nice things.
    It genuinely ruined the movie for me. The detective making a bigger deal of guns than of criminals or crime made the whole thing feel forced and fake. The full auto at the end was like watching star trek and suddenly Piccard pulls out a grimoire and casts a spell to save the crew.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

It genuinely ruined the movie for me. The detective making a bigger deal of guns than of criminals or crime made the whole thing feel forced and fake. The full auto at the end was like watching star trek and suddenly Piccard pulls out a grimoire and casts a spell to save the crew.
    Don't give them ideas.

So, I was browsing Facebook this morning and came across this image:

Out of curiosity I did a "YE album review" search on google.

This is what I found:

Vulture: The Pretty Emptiness of Kanye West’s Ye; a review that talks about Black Panther as much as Kanye West, then complains he isn't the everyman rapper he used to be. That's he's tarnished by his wealth and success.

Washington Post: Kanye West’s ‘Ye’ is the unedited ramblings of the world’s oldest adolescent; I didn't read this one, the title says it all.

Pitchfork: Album Review Ye; Complains about everything from Stormy Daniels, to Trump and how Kanye fits. Then unceremoniously, without hardly ever touching on the music, decides that the word genius should have never been used to describe Kanye and that he now is not the greatest rapper in the world but a lonely man in a concrete mansion.

NY Times: Kanye West Writes a Song of Himself on ‘Ye’; This one isn't largely bad, but does a more subtle job of intimating that he is no longer a person that the young struggling black kid with all these hoops and obstacles in his way by the white patriarchy can relate to.

Those were just the top reviews I found and I stopped looking. I don't listen to Kanye West, never have and never will. I was just curious at what sort of ((Backlash)) he might face for having an ((unacceptable)) opinion. It went about as well as can be expected, they seem to be on the path of declaring him no longer relevant. I know you can't divorce politics from something like reviewing a rapper (especially in this day and age), but I find it amazing how much time they all so clearly focused on the politics-- even though according to some the reviews there is literally no mention of anything political.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

Always remember, as bad as it might get here; at least we're not England.

Always remember, as bad as it might get here; at least we're not England.
    When she finally gets murdered by Mooslimes, it will be well deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    When she finally gets murdered by Mooslimes, it will be well deserved.
    Right? New children's show coming to Netflix.

For the record, because it never came up again, I concede 100% on the "normal" stuff with gay kissing in Disney movies and such.

Since then I've had a bunch of conversations with the other side where I tried to present fire-is-hot like the huff post drag queens in kindergarten thing, and then work backwards to find that line. I just get called a bigot immediately. The left doesn't see the distinction, even teaching prepubescent people about postpubescent topics.

It's like everything else now. If we could have a rational discussion on sexuality and ADULTS dealing with differences you'd probably call me a degenerate, just like the NRA probably wouldn't like me saying guns might be best behind something like a driver's license, but when the other side says disarm and let us teach your toddlers about gay anal sex it's difficult for a rational person to be anything but far right.

I have to show this to my wife. Maybe this will be enough to make her finally want to cancel that garbage.

For the record, because it never came up again, I concede 100% on the "normal" stuff with gay kissing in Disney movies and such.

Since then I've had a bunch of conversations with the other side where I tried to present fire-is-hot like the huff post drag queens in kindergarten thing, and then work backwards to find that line. I just get called a bigot immediately. The left doesn't see the distinction, even teaching prepubescent people about postpubescent topics.

It's like everything else now. If we could have a rational discussion on sexuality and ADULTS dealing with differences you'd probably call me a degenerate, just like the NRA probably wouldn't like me saying guns might be best behind something like a driver's license, but when the other side says disarm and let us teach your toddlers about gay anal sex it's difficult for a rational person to be anything but far right.
    Yep, welcome to the right. Sieg Hiel nigger. The slippery slope has become a very real wet and lubed slippery asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Yep, welcome to the right. Sieg Hiel nigger. The slippery slope has become a very real wet and lubed slippery asshole.

I'm dying. That is gold.

Lol, furries are turning on each other over political ideology. I'm dying.

"Furry conventions are getting canceled because antifa furries are calling hotels and telling them that dangerous people are attending. It's hilarious that they're ruinning their own fun. Why are they doing this? Because con owners are not on board with banning anyone who does pro gun, pro life, or pro Christianity messages in art or media at large.

I'm seeing furry doxxing lists against antifa, and against conservative furries, flying back and forth on 8chan and kiwi farms. It's an all out war of the rugs."

----------------------------------------------

vs

Round 1, fight!

----------------------------------------------

I hope Jim/Metokur makes a video on this shit.

TedX Pedophilia normalization talk, backlash, and attempt to memory hole.

https://voat.co/v/OccidentalEnclave/2601232

But wait, there's more:

Best comment from voat: "Hey goy, do you want to be sane? Cut off your dick and don't play video games."