+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Default Re: When Social Justice Goes Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    Nope, cops were doing their jobs demasking people and they turned tail and left after seeing how large the free speech rally was.

Also, they seem to think they can infiltrate /pol/ - which is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozoron View Post
    Holy shit the madman is going after ((them)) http://yournewswire.com/duterte-roth...s-philippines/
    That would be bold and interesting, but I'll wait on a less disreputable source. If he's actually doing that, "regime change" in the philippines probably isn't too far off.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

"The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

So, apparently Milo has a new Troll Circus group with 12 million in backers to quote, "Make the lives of progressive's a living hell".

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/...-media-venture
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

Apparently, this new video has hordes of SJW's triggered like a motherfucker:

"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Apparently, this new video has hordes of SJW's triggered like a motherfucker:

That was awesome.

Seems a little preconstructed that the right was the one to be expected to capitulate in all three, but still. The major point that seems to get lost on us is that divisions are what kill us. Never knowing or relating to the other side. Immigrants in immigrant neighborhoods that want to claim territory for their home country, instead of actually immigrating to integrate. Science deniers who google decade old denier papers to hide behind instead of looking at both sides of the science themselves. LGBT people who think it's not their own influence if a normal four year old is confused about what clothes to wear.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

That was awesome.

Seems a little preconstructed that the right was the one to be expected to capitulate in all three, but still. The major point that seems to get lost on us is that divisions are what kill us. Never knowing or relating to the other side. Immigrants in immigrant neighborhoods that want to claim territory for their home country, instead of actually immigrating to integrate. Science deniers who google decade old denier papers to hide behind instead of looking at both sides of the science themselves. LGBT people who think it's not their own influence if a normal four year old is confused about what clothes to wear.
    Lol at the denier crack. The man that wrote that paper has done more for science than you and your fat sausage fingers will ever do. You may be one of the dumbest shits I've ever encountered on the boards, and just about anyone that has argued with you probably feels the same way. I once thought I had no limits to arguing with folks, but you ended up being my rock bottom. Your complete inability to understand abstraction is staggeringly autistic in its scale, but I suspect has more to do with your being a piggy (now that's what I call science!).

But enough division, you are right, the video was pretty good. I especially liked the part where the old dude acted like he was going to leave, but then came back. I can't help but suspect the entire thing was fake, though. Still think Heineken tastes like shit too. They should have given them each a 6 pack then watched as the ensuing harmony devolved into the old guy trying to look at the Tranny's dick and the white guy strangling the feminist to death.

But enough division, you are right, the video was pretty good..
    Who did it trigger though? I went to Huff Post to watch the fireworks but they liked it.

EDIT-- NM, the offendedness is there if you look for it.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b05279d4edbc1f

EDIT-- I think the most interesting thing about your last post, is the two conflicting reviews on Huff Post. It's amazing to me that the comments section for each is full of people who are posting to agree with the author of each article. In the triggered one, they are actually saying they shouldn't have to engage. The other side should just magically be aware that they're correct.

Partisan politics and political correctness has bred out our sense of intellectual confrontation. They can't and won't look at the other side and have a beer. It's no wonder some of them can only express disagreement by swinging bike locks around.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 04-30-2017 at 12:42 AM.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Who did it trigger though? I went to Huff Post to watch the fireworks but they liked it.

EDIT-- NM, the offendedness is there if you look for it.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b05279d4edbc1f

EDIT-- I think the most interesting thing about your last post, is the two conflicting reviews on Huff Post. It's amazing to me that the comments section for each is full of people who are posting to agree with the author of each article. In the triggered one, they are actually saying they shouldn't have to engage. The other side should just magically be aware that they're correct.

Partisan politics and political correctness has bred out our sense of intellectual confrontation. They can't and won't look at the other side and have a beer. It's no wonder some of them can only express disagreement by swinging bike locks around.
    Zavon has like, zero power over you with his bitchy jabs, and you totally triggered him. Probably on purpose, you devious bastard.

...and yeah, I think you're right, we can call each other raging dickbag retarded cuntmuffins - and not care once the post is done being written. Most people these days too too fucking fragile. They don't really have any strong opinions of their own, which is why they look for a safe space. Anything that might challenge them could rock their entire world view.

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    Zavon has like, zero power over you with his bitchy jabs, and you totally triggered him. Probably on purpose, you devious bastard.
    He has power to trigger me, just not the power he thinks he does.

As soon as he posted that paper I was triggered as fuck because it meant he was shutting down. It's not fresh in my mind anymore but I was looking at modern deniers and the climate.nasa page, and trying to figure out how to get into reading peer reviewed papers to see how the discussion goes internally with this "consensus"... and he just flops this giant, rotting, ten year old, half of an argument, dead fish strawman out there.

That's the kind of shit that made me give up on SillyWilly years ago, and that's not a jab.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 04-30-2017 at 02:15 AM.

He has power to trigger me, just not the power he thinks he does.

As soon as he posted that paper I was triggered as fuck because it meant he was shutting down. It's not fresh in my mind anymore but I was looking at modern deniers and the climate.nasa page, and trying to figure out how to get into reading peer reviewed papers to see how the discussion goes internally with this "consensus"... and he just flops this giant, rotting, ten year old, half of an argument, dead fish strawman out there.

That's the kind of shit that made me give up on SillyWilly years ago, and that's not a jab.
    I won't take any of the climate scientists seriously until they can make accurate short and long term predictions. Until then they are peddling speculation and bullshit. I assume you know that. Consensus means nothing in science, it's not a democracy and the consensus is overturned on a fairly routine basis. From aether to oribital mechanics. When our climate and weather models are so lacking we can't with much accuracy predict tomorrow, predicting 5 years from now is a stretch - and anything even further out is straight from the butt.

...and yeah, I think you're right, we can call each other raging dickbag retarded cuntmuffins - and not care once the post is done being written. Most people these days too too fucking fragile. They don't really have any strong opinions of their own, which is why they look for a safe space. Anything that might challenge them could rock their entire world view.
    This. It's European mentality spread to American college kids. I'm currently playing LotRO on the European server. HOLY SHIT. They'll even melt down and curse your mother for being born just for saying poor people in America can qualify for foodstamps. Because in Europe they aren't ignorant or brainwashed by a government controlled media (/sarcasm) so they know damn well that poor people in America are hung out to dry in every way, from food to financial assistance for college to healthcare. Chips, medicaid, medicare, food stamps, pell grants, student loans, all bullshit propaganda spread by "alternative news" sites run by Republicans.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

I won't take any of the climate scientists seriously until they can make accurate short and long term predictions. Until then they are peddling speculation and bullshit. I assume you know that. Consensus means nothing in science, it's not a democracy and the consensus is overturned on a fairly routine basis. From aether to oribital mechanics. When our climate and weather models are so lacking we can't with much accuracy predict tomorrow, predicting 5 years from now is a stretch - and anything even further out is straight from the butt.
    That was a very reasonable position when it was just a matter of trying to make a ton of measurements we can't make. CO2 from a million sources, as spikes in C02 like volcanoes or constant pressure, and measurements from all sorts of time periods between today and tomorrow, back to a thousand years ago that we can't make accurately. But just from attempting to accurately measure CO2 in the present we've bumped into corroboration of the theory all over the place.

I harp on ocean acidification because I also like marine life so I understand it and have already heard half the argument. Marine life that has thrived throughout previous temperature swings for the last few thousand years is now dying due to what are, geologically speaking, trivial changes in temperature that the same animals have seen before and not given two shits about. The difference is us. CO2, as pressure proportional to us rather than as spikes from large volcanic eruptions, has caused the ocean to become more acidic. This is exactly what skeptics said would NOT happen as proof that it wasn't really our CO2 causing a greenhouse gas effect. People have argued that this is what ultimately screwed over the dinosaurs after the meteor hit, and caused the other extinctions that aren't explained well.

The great barrier reef is a good pinup for this because the coral bleaching makes for some war zone tier photojournalism without all the being shot at, but I've been hearing about acidification for years in passing when reading about all types of cnidarians. You can also google something like "acidification nautilus" or some other thin-shelled marine creature and check google news from whatever year you want. I've seen a story about shellsc every three months or so, and they typically had nothing to do with climate change, although now that climate change is hot again that's all the google results I'm getting at the moment.

This is just one area. We also have satellites measuring radiation going out into space, and guess what wavelength(wrong term?) is proportionally high? I know less about them off the top of my head, but I know there are others.

Late EDIT--
    None of the above is meant to imply that the left-leaning crowd marching in washington has any concept of matching up one theory with it's consequences elsewhere. I'm quite sure if you asked around they'd assume scientists can just stick a thermometer up their rears and come back out with a schedule for the apocalypse.

Just like this same principle is used all over astronomy (going back to NDT) but most people just trust that we know stuff because people on T.V. tell them so. I think it was Bragi that got miffed at me one time when I didn't get why black holes were magical and he thought repeating the TOTALLY UNEXPLAINED narrative from T.V. about really dense pockets of matter suddenly also become an alternate universe, or a wormhole, or whatever else was equivalent to explaining it. I hope I'm not confusing him with someone else. >.>?
    Last edited by VKhaun; 04-30-2017 at 07:01 AM.

DENIER! Burn the witch!

God I love Trump: http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...dministration/

-----

Students despise Obama policies...when credited to Trump

Now the video is a bit of a misnomer, but I think its still pretty funny.
    Last edited by Zavon; 04-30-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Those mother fuckers they better not.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    Those mother fuckers they better not.
    I think the actors already confirmed it tho.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainme...-order-mission

"The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson has previously retweeted popular fan pictures depicting the two characters in love."
    Last edited by Zavon; 04-30-2017 at 06:55 PM.

New conservative columnist for failing New York times writes reasonable objections to the Neil Degrass Tyson-esque view of climate science as a religion, immediately gets called a science denier as leftist and mental midgets lose their shit.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/28/o...smtyp=cur&_r=0

"Anyone who has read the 2014 report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change knows that, while the modest (0.85 degrees Celsius, or about 1.5 degrees Fahrenheit) warming of the Northern Hemisphere since 1880 is indisputable, as is the human influence on that warming, much else that passes as accepted fact is really a matter of probabilities. That’s especially true of the sophisticated but fallible models and simulations by which scientists attempt to peer into the climate future. To say this isn’t to deny science. It’s to acknowledge it honestly.

By now I can almost hear the heads exploding. They shouldn’t, because there’s another lesson here — this one for anyone who wants to advance the cause of good climate policy. As Revkin wisely noted, hyperbole about climate “not only didn’t fit the science at the time but could even be counterproductive if the hope was to engage a distracted public.”

Let me put it another way. Claiming total certainty about the science traduces the spirit of science and creates openings for doubt whenever a climate claim proves wrong. Demanding abrupt and expensive changes in public policy raises fair questions about ideological intentions. Censoriously asserting one’s moral superiority and treating skeptics as imbeciles and deplorables wins few converts."

‘Go eat dog d*cks’: Bret Stephens’ debut column for the NYT has liberals MELTING DOWN

The stupid quote at the end is reminiscent of the fall of Rome.

It is interesting the amount of parallels you can draw to a crumbling roman empire.

Oy vey! Edited already, someone probably got fired.

SLATE: George Soros, the liberal Jew destroying America, is also a Jared Kushner business partner

Also, /pol/ is now trying to get cats to be considered a white nationalist/neo-nazi symbol like they did with the "ok" hand sign. I think it's a bit too ambitious, but then I thought the "ok" thing was impossible.

I don't like that ploy at all because I don't want stupid people to hurt cats.

I don't like that ploy at all because I don't want stupid people to hurt cats.
    Exactly this. :/

Awesome. o.o

Guess we're gonna need a "When Liberalism Goes Right" thread. Or I guess... "Well" to prevent confusion.