+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Wild West Online

This project looks interesting, it sounds like a cross between one of those survival games and a traditional MMO, with some servers being community controlled while others are run by the developers.

There will be PvE and PvP (outlaw vs. lawman, bounty hunting, a reputation system to track illegal behaviour), with such features as housing coming after launch.

https://www.playwwo.com/
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

-"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

Default Re: Wild West Online

Bookmarking... wild west is not my favorite, but I'll take it if it's good.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

I grew up on westerns as a kid, I am so there for this game. I also like the fact that is all about single shot weapons, no spray and pray.

-"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Mars View Post
    I grew up on westerns as a kid, I am so there for this game. I also like the fact that is all about single shot weapons, no spray and pray.
    Me too. Hang em' High, For a Few Dollars More, and The Missouri Breaks were all movies that effected me to a large degree; in about the same way as playing D&D did (life long lover of fantasy). I still love Westerns and Western themed things with a passion. I plan on keeping an eye on this one. You guys should post a review.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

Nothing to review yet, but with a beta happening by fall there will be soon.

Did you ever read the Louis L'Amour books?

Nope, the closest thing I've really read to Western books is "The Adventures of Fenwick Travers". Is there any book in particular that you recommend (I wiki'd L'Amour and his catalog is fucking massive)?
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

When I was a kid and books were sold everywhere his novels were in every grocery store, drug store, and book store.

The Sackett series is his most popular, I read them all and loved them.

Sackett series

In fictional story order (not the order written).[17]

Sackett's Land – Barnabas Sackett
    To the Far Blue Mountains – Barnabas Sackett
    The Warrior's Path – Kin Ring Sackett
    Jubal Sackett – Jubal Sackett, Itchakomi Ishai
    Ride the River – Echo Sackett (Aunt to Orrin, Tyrel, and William Tell Sackett)
    The Daybreakers – Orrin and Tyrel Sackett, Cap Rountree, Tom Sunday
    Lando – Orlando Sackett, the Tinker
    Sackett – William Tell Sackett, Cap Rountree, Angie
    Mojave Crossing – William Tell Sackett
    The Sackett Brand – William Tell Sackett, and the whole passel of Sacketts!
    The Sky-liners – Flagan and Galloway Sackett
    The Lonely Men – William Tell Sackett
    Mustang Man – Nolan Sackett
    Galloway – Galloway and Flagan Sackett
    Treasure Mountain – William Tell and Orrin Sackett, the Tinker
    Ride the Dark Trail – Logan Sackett, Em Talon (born a Sackett)
    Lonely on the Mountain – William Tell, Orrin and Tyrel Sackett (They go on a mission to help Logan Sackett)

The first book in the list starts in Wales and concerns how the Sacketts got to America.

Also Hondo is great, and was made into a great movie starring John Wayne.

Tom Selleck bought the rights to his books and made a Sackett made for TV movie that is well worth watching.

Sweet! I'll have to check some of this stuff out.

My Mom would totally vouche for Lous L'Amour. Wouldn't surprise me if she's read every single one of this books. I'm also interested in how this game might work out.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Did you buy this Alex?

I came across a video on youtube blasting this game as being a scam. I started googling and everything said is holding up so far...

Apparently there's a group of devs renaming themselves and putting out the same shit game over and over. WarZ, Romero's Aftermath, Shattered Sky's' and some others. The devs behind this claim they're a different group but they are using the same engine supposedly because the engine is really good at preventing cheating, but all the previous games on the engine were lousy with cheaters. They also supposedly use the same lawyer and use the same company, Xolla, for processing payment... It's very likely that this will be a P2Win buggy pile of shit full of cheaters and the developer will stop supporting it almost immediately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDY6z2W-qjQ

http://massivelyop.com/2017/05/25/wi...-titov-rumors/
    Last edited by VKhaun; 08-08-2017 at 06:04 AM.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Interesting. I will wait and see how it all shakes out.