+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jamel Dunn

Default Jamel Dunn

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b00e4363df267c

So I was reading recently that the teens who watched this guy drown couldn't be charged under existing Florida laws, but it sounds like they're going to try and prosecute after all. In addition to the horrible situation that unfolded which they can't be charged for, when it was over they were clearly aware that the man had died and did not report it to authorities. Not the murder charge they deserve but something.

There's a joke in here somewhere about how they din do nuffin but damn if I can find it...
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Default Re: Jamel Dunn

This is a real life example of morals and what 'should' you do.

They really 'din du nuffin' as they had 0 involvement.

The saddest part is obviously that someone died, but the real obvious joke here is if they were black they couldn't have swam either.

I saw this on reddit yesterday and a poster (I assumed he was black) talked about how he and other black kids in grade-school had a culture of mocking anything they couldn't do. So under that assumption that this behavior as a piece of 'culture'(coping mechanism) is what they were doing, 'mocking someone trying to swim cause they couldn't' it makes sense.

However, literally 0 reason not to call paramedics, firemen, police, or whatever emergency service that could assist.

Yet.... why should they be held liable, they didn't force him to swim. They didn't aid him in drowning. They simply watched it unfold, albeit shouting mocking statements and shit. If I see someone I hate getting mugged and stabbed, I don't want to be liable for the event simply because I saw it. Similarly, if I see someone committing suicide I don't want to be liable for not stopping them. This situation is in similar 'ambiguous' territory. Only the most 'reaching' of moral philosophies such as Utilitarianism perhaps would argue that you SHOULD have done something when you COULD.

From the reddit thread there are actually very few states that require reporting on this sort of thing, sure it 'seems' terrible but as I said, they didn't cause him to drown they simply made no effort to assist, which under most moral philosophies would've equated to calling emergency services since the actual danger of trying to save a drowning person when you are untrained to do so is actually pretty high.

Anyways, yea this is pretty fucked up. I would've called someone. I don't think they should face charges because they didn't.

There is no law requiring anyone to intervene in something like this. I've been a red cross volunteer off and on for 30 years or more and there is no law that says I have to stop and help someone bleeding on the sidewalk. I would, of course, but I am not compelled to do so.

That said, it is horrible that someone would simply watch someone die like this. On the other hand this is hardly the first time something like this has happened, out here we had two highway patrol officers find someone unconscious in their car drooling vomit and the officers walked away rather than get involved. Some people see no obligation to help another person who is in danger.
    -Make America Nazi Free!

-Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

-"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

You guys are nuts.

There's a MASSIVE GULF of difference between saying someone must physically intervene, and saying someone must make a phone call if they're able to do so safely. I would never expect the teens to be held accountable for not physically helping but to sit there WITH THE PHONE IN THEIR HAND TO MAKE THE RECORDING WITH and not call 911 is absolutely 100% a crime IMO.

If I watched one of your loved ones die for 10min+ with my cell phone in my hand recording it without calling 911 you wouldn't take this position for two seconds. You'd beat me to death on the spot for effectively murdering them if no one was there to hold you back.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    You guys are nuts.

There's a MASSIVE GULF of difference between saying someone must physically intervene, and saying someone must make a phone call if they're able to do so safely. I would never expect the teens to be held accountable for not physically helping but to sit there WITH THE PHONE IN THEIR HAND TO MAKE THE RECORDING WITH and not call 911 is absolutely 100% a crime IMO.

If I watched one of your loved ones die for 10min+ with my cell phone in my hand recording it without calling 911 you wouldn't take this position for two seconds. You'd beat me to death on the spot for effectively murdering them if no one was there to hold you back.
    You forgot these are black people. They dont contact the police/authorities for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    You guys are nuts.

I 100% agree. You can't ask someone to fight a bear or go into the water to save a person. You can expect them to call 911 or face legal consequences. Especially when you can hear on their phone that they knew he was in trouble and even said "oh damn he died".
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    I 100% agree. You can't ask someone to fight a bear or go into the water to save a person. You can expect them to call 911 or face legal consequences. Especially when you can hear on their phone that they knew he was in trouble and even said "oh damn he died".
    To be fair, nothing of value was lost. This guy has so many prison tats he probably spent almost his whole life there.

"The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Mars View Post
    There is no law requiring anyone to intervene in something like this. I've been a red cross volunteer off and on for 30 years or more and there is no law that says I have to stop and help someone bleeding on the sidewalk. I would, of course, but I am not compelled to do so.

That said, it is horrible that someone would simply watch someone die like this. On the other hand this is hardly the first time something like this has happened, out here we had two highway patrol officers find someone unconscious in their car drooling vomit and the officers walked away rather than get involved. Some people see no obligation to help another person who is in danger.
    Depends on the State. Most states have good Samaritan laws that will protect you if you attempt aid. However, Vermont has a good Samaritan law that requires to render aid.

There is zero reason these faggots shouldn't have called for help. They may be legally protected, but I hope to hell the worst for them. They didn't just "not help". They recorded this guy's death. They laughed at his death. They posted it to social media as a joke. I hope we find a way to put them in the nigger zoo with the other animals; they've shown that they don't belong in civilized society.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Depends on the State. Most states have good Samaritan laws that will protect you if you attempt aid. However, Vermont has a good Samaritan law that requires to render aid.

There is zero reason these faggots shouldn't have called for help. They may be legally protected, but I hope to hell the worst for them. They didn't just "not help". They recorded this guy's death. They laughed at his death. They posted it to social media as a joke. I hope we find a way to put them in the nigger zoo with the other animals; they've shown that they don't belong in civilized society.
    100% agree. Another case of a black life not mattering to blacks.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    100% agree. Another case of a black life not mattering to blacks.
    Yeah can you imagine the chimpout that would happen if it had been white teens watching him die?
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire